Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

It is partly related to Iota Virginis, yes. But your credits are being drained by your inactive Production Facilities, from what I can gather.
Forgot to add that Iota Virginis has hundreds of inactive PFs, due to that other bug... Hence also being related to that particular system.

That other bug, is related to multiple civs assaulting one system - in this case, the Romulans are also assaulting Iota Virginis. Refreshing the colony between assaults might be causing this issue.

If you scrap all those PFs in the colony (using CTL+mouse click, or SHIFT+ mouse click for 5x or 10x, to save on clicking) it should help with the credits issue.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Fixed the crash with collapsing empires.
Fixed an issue with the Bajoran Wormhole.
Borg release turn tweaked a bit.
Maintenance cost for inactive PFs only payed when colony population is maximized.
Halved empire wide research bonuses for Rom Plasma Complex, Fed Daystrom Institute, Fed Genesis Research Lab.
Fixed issue with OBs being destroyed / build list.

Will try to fix the rest of the issues later.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:39 pm Here's a save from before I conquered Iota Virginis. I think this may be when I discovered that all these buildings appeared. I don't think they were there the turn before, but I could be mistaken.
Do you have a save from before all those PFs were spawned?

With Breen, shortly after I got the open borders treaty, my allied Romulan friends declared war on them. Now I cannot improve the treaty, although it shows that I still have open borders.
Actually, I think it might have been the other way around. The Breen may have declared war on the Romulans, because the Roms colonized a system right on their border. The Breen, being Warlike, didn't like that. They're on their way to bombing it.
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Warp Core Breach »

Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:01 pm Just from scrapping all you inactive PFs in your first 7 colonies (out of 52 or so), I've gone from -120 to +1200. :!:
It shouldn't be so penalizing though, as I've "only" scrapped 100 PFs... will need to check.
I've scrapped about 130 of each type on iota virignis, and I"m back in the green! Totally dumb question: When you say "Production Facilities", are you referring just to assembly yards, or does PF include farms, research and power too? Curious that this bug didn't also generate 200 intelligence facilities too. Do those not count as PF as well?
Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:01 pm Do you have a save from before all those PFs were spawned?
I have some older saves, but the only way I know of to tell that the facilities are there are by bombarding it, and my ships only just got there in save 195. Is there another way to detect/reveal facilities in a system? I vaguely remember bombarding it at least once before the buildings appeared, which is when I changed my mind about nuking it.

Thanks!
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Wait - I have a save from turn 189. Just arrived, destroyed the shipyard and the OBs, but then, I called off the bombardment and didn't destroy any buildings. Must have been thinking subjugate at first. There definitely were a normal number of buildings in this save.

cards189.sav
(664.5 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have been testing some options of my game to make Akaali system free again. Generally it works as planned, maybe only without a message about collapsing Romulan Empire.
But.... one variant was to immediately propose Akaali to become a member of my Klingon Empire. The effect of that is below:
Screenshot (01).jpg
Screenshot (01).jpg (846.4 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Screenshot (02).jpg
Screenshot (02).jpg (511.68 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
The Akaali membership status is the same next turn.
In other variants Akaali also immediately accesses the Dominium, which is OK I think.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:25 am I have been testing some options of my game to make Akaali system free again. Generally it works as planned, maybe only without a message about collapsing Romulan Empire.
Yep, I did that yesterday right after uploading the patch :wink: Will be in next patch.

But.... one variant was to immediately propose Akaali to become a member of my Klingon Empire. The effect of that is below:
Screenshot (01).jpgScreenshot (02).jpg
The Akaali membership status is the same next turn.
In other variants Akaali also immediately accesses the Dominium, which is OK I think.
That's in the ToDo list, to sort simultaneous proposals. I might take a look at that if your save allows checking it.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:02 am Totally dumb question: When you say "Production Facilities", are you referring just to assembly yards, or does PF include farms, research and power too? Curious that this bug didn't also generate 200 intelligence facilities too. Do those not count as PF as well?
Production Facility is the category of structures that includes all 5 production types, so yes, it includes all of those.
I think this issue might have to do with the limit on PFs in a colony; each type is limited to 255 units IIRC. This only occurs when 2 civs attack the same colony in the same turn, which leads me to believe that the destruction of PFs is not checking limits immediatly, but at a later point. As for the intel facilities, they probably were all destroyed before the issue triggered (both civs attacked the colony), so they didn't need to be refreshed - but that's just a guess.

I have some older saves, but the only way I know of to tell that the facilities are there are by bombarding it, and my ships only just got there in save 195. Is there another way to detect/reveal facilities in a system?
Nope.

I vaguely remember bombarding it at least once before the buildings appeared, which is when I changed my mind about nuking it.
My guess would be that the Roms bombarded the colony (alone) and destroyed all Intel PFs, and then when you bombarded it too the issue happened. I'll try to check these assumptions with your save.

Wait - I have a save from turn 189. Just arrived, destroyed the shipyard and the OBs, but then, I called off the bombardment and didn't destroy any buildings. Must have been thinking subjugate at first. There definitely were a normal number of buildings in this save.
Thanks! Will check it and report back.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I might take a look at that if your save allows checking it.
Just conquer Pheben and make a proposal that turn. For sure Akaali will want to access the Dominium that turn. In other variant they became a member of the Dominium and my affiliated race in the same turn.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:39 pm Btw, Cardassian ships really stink. I don't know that I've (truly) won a battle yet. examples:
1. 3 cruiser II, 2 destroyer II and 1 dreadnaught I vs. 2 Fed cruiser II and 1 Fed cruiser III. Result: feds retreated with minimal shield damage. Cards lost both destroyers. I guess, in theory, this is a Cardassian victory, but not really...
Did you take into account the difference in XP levels? Don't forget that you're playing on Impossible.

2. 3 Destroyer II and 2 Cruiser II vs. 1 Borg probe (and stranded, no less). Probe retreats with minimal shield damage. 1 Card destroyer with structural damage (see sector 31,34). Again, a victory, but not really. I've actually be "defeating" this probe turn after turn after turn. Probably helps on the moral side? In a few turns, the pair of cruiser III's join the fight. still takes 2 turns to finish the probe, but at least I finally finish it.
That's one of the things I've thought about in the past. Should stranded fleets be able to *escape* from combat? I'm not talking about *retreat* (to an adjacent sector, after the battle, which they can't).
The thing is, they do not have fuel to warp out of the battle, but they have impulse drives to escape; in this case, we're talking about a scout class ship, which is more maneuvrable than destroyers and cruisers. It's not a given that it can escape, there's a roll involved.
Also, firing weapons also involves rolls/luck; with those 2 extra cruisers, I managed to down the probe in a single turn.

Now, to make things less tedious, we could make stranded fleets not be able to escape (can't recall if there's a penalty to the roll, will have to check). What do you guys think?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:56 am
Warp Core Breach wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:02 am I have some older saves, but the only way I know of to tell that the facilities are there are by bombarding it, and my ships only just got there in save 195. Is there another way to detect/reveal facilities in a system?
Nope.
I mean, not until we code a way to assign Spies :wink:
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Hi Iceman,
Just d/l'ed the latest patch - thank you! Got through ~3 turns then crashed to desktop. Reloading the same and just hitting next turn doesn't recreate the crash. Before the crash I attacked in Eta Virginis - 2 Cr III's destroy shipyard and 4 destroy the OBs. In Unimatrix, I wipe out the Borg!

The error.txt file is empty, but the following got captured in the log.txt file:

Code: Select all

22:28:00.767 [7] INFO  General - --------------- TURN 242 ---------------
22:28:04.682 [1] ERROR GameData - An error occurred while loading data file "vfs:///Resources/Data/AssaultScreenSettings.xaml".  Check the error log for exception details.
System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Failed to create a 'ExplosionIntervalMaxPrecision' from the text '0.75'. ---> System.FormatException: 0.75 is not a valid value for TimeSpan. ---> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid TimeSpan.
   at System.Globalization.TimeSpanParse.ProcessTerminal_HM(TimeSpanRawInfo& raw, TimeSpanStandardStyles style, TimeSpanResult& result)
   at System.Globalization.TimeSpanParse.ProcessTerminalState(TimeSpanRawInfo& raw, TimeSpanStandardStyles style, TimeSpanResult& result)
   at System.Globalization.TimeSpanParse.TryParseTimeSpan(String input, TimeSpanStandardStyles style, IFormatProvider formatProvider, TimeSpanResult& result)
   at System.Globalization.TimeSpanParse.Parse(String input, IFormatProvider formatProvider)
   at System.ComponentModel.TimeSpanConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ComponentModel.TimeSpanConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateObjectWithTypeConverter(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter`1 ts, Object value)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateFromValue(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter`1 ts, Object value, XamlMember property)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateFromValue(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter`1 ts, Object value, XamlMember property)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateFromValue(ObjectWriterContext ctx, XamlValueConverter`1 typeConverter, Object value, XamlMember property, String targetName, IAddLineInfo lineInfo)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateFromValue(ObjectWriterContext ctx, XamlValueConverter`1 typeConverter, Object value, XamlMember property, String targetName, IAddLineInfo lineInfo)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreatePropertyValueFromValue(ObjectWriterContext ctx)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteEndMember()
   at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
   at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
   at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter)
   at Supremacy.Xaml.XamlHelper.LoadInto(Object instance, XamlReader xamlReader) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Xaml\XamlHelper.cs:line 83
   at Supremacy.Xaml.XamlHelper.LoadInto(Object instance, Stream stream) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Xaml\XamlHelper.cs:line 37
   at Supremacy.Client.Views.AssaultScreenSettings.Refresh() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\SystemAssaultScreen\SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.cs:line 1464
22:28:07.553 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Federation, Target Colonies Count: 12, Current Colonies Count: 6
22:28:07.554 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Federation, State: AtWarEmpire
22:28:07.955 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Romulan, Target Colonies Count: 12, Current Colonies Count: 16
22:28:07.956 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Romulan, State: AtWarEmpire
22:28:08.102 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Romulan, Dilithium: 551, Duranium: 1459, Deuterium: 853, Credits: 11786, Support: 1450, Maintenance: 1865
22:28:08.106 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Romulan, Ships built: [Scout: 1],[Cruiser: 8],[FastAttack: 4],[Command: 4],[Colony: 3],[StrikeCruiser: 3],[Transport: 1],
22:28:08.506 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Klingon, Target Colonies Count: 12, Current Colonies Count: 16
22:28:08.506 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Klingon, State: Strengthen
22:28:08.619 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Klingon, Dilithium: 486, Duranium: 8416, Deuterium: 2801, Credits: 41532, Support: 1667, Maintenance: 1776
22:28:08.621 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Klingon, Ships built: [Scout: 3],[FastAttack: 12],[Cruiser: 4],[Command: 4],[Colony: 2],[Science: 1],
22:28:08.992 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Dominion, Target Colonies Count: 14, Current Colonies Count: 24
22:28:08.993 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Dominion, State: Strengthen
22:28:09.230 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Dominion, Dilithium: 194, Duranium: 509, Deuterium: 3172, Credits: 13011, Support: 2237, Maintenance: 2718
22:28:09.231 [13] DEBUG General - Civ: Dominion, Ships built: [FastAttack: 13],[Colony: 3],[Cruiser: 6],[Command: 10],[Transport: 1],

Savegame here: Note: I had to declare war the Roms, as were going to crush the Fed's lone minor, that I'm trying to save till last. Looking forward to finally discovering what Red Matter is good for!! :twisted:
cards242war.sav
(693.23 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Now, to make things less tedious, we could make stranded fleets not be able to escape (can't recall if there's a penalty to the roll, will have to check). What do you guys think?
My vote is - make it impossible for them to "escape". Stranded is stranded. I'd actually suggest a combat penalty as well. Stranded deep in enemy space, you're in for a world of hurt!
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:23 am Did you take into account the difference in XP levels? Don't forget that you're playing on Impossible.

Ok, I buy that. Just had a large battle against the Dominon. I had 15 Cr III and 6 De II. Doms had 8 ships, of various sizes. All of them were 4 or 5 star XP level. Mine were all 1-star. Lost 7 Cr and all the De's but I actually won for a change. Need to pay attention to that. How do I level them up, except with certain key races special buildings?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:28 pm Ok, I buy that. Just had a large battle against the Dominon. I had 15 Cr III and 6 De II. Doms had 8 ships, of various sizes. All of them were 4 or 5 star XP level. Mine were all 1-star. Lost 7 Cr and all the De's but I actually won for a change. Need to pay attention to that. How do I level them up, except with certain key races special buildings?
:up:
Besides training crew like you mentioned, the only other way is through combat. And they get a very small amount of XP when they move (though it costs deuterium).
Notice that XP affects not only chance to hit with weapons, but also damage control (prevention of some hull damage).
At some point, fleet Officers, when implemented, will also have an effect in combat.

Looking forward to finally discovering what Red Matter is good for!! :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Iceman wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:00 pm
Warp Core Breach wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:28 pm Ok, I buy that. Just had a large battle against the Dominon. I had 15 Cr III and 6 De II. Doms had 8 ships, of various sizes. All of them were 4 or 5 star XP level. Mine were all 1-star. Lost 7 Cr and all the De's but I actually won for a change. Need to pay attention to that. How do I level them up, except with certain key races special buildings?
:up:
Besides training crew like you mentioned, the only other way is through combat. And they get a very small amount of XP when they move (though it costs deuterium).
Notice that XP affects not only chance to hit with weapons, but also damage control (prevention of some hull damage).
At some point, fleet Officers, when implemented, will also have an effect in combat.

Looking forward to finally discovering what Red Matter is good for!! :twisted:

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Supremacy”