Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

You do not have enough deuterium, your ships cannot fill their tanks and so are stranded.
Notice that the Training Crew order costs deuterium every turn it is active - 1 per ship training.
You can use the cheat menu F11 to give yourself lots of it to check this. The ships will not be stranded anymore.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks.
I was not aware of that. Anyway a refreshed guide would be warmly welcome. I found one from 2011 only.
BR
geordie
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yeah we really need a new manual
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I was curious why you had this issue, and why you weren't building Deuterium Collectors. Now I know. There is an issue with this build where DCs aren't buildable... my guess is it's because of terraforming. You can now only build structures with planet type restrictions if at least one planet of that type is terraformed. Gas Giants cannot be terraformed, so DCs can't be built. Will have to check the code, but only next week. For now, only rest, beach, sun, and all that stuff. ;)
Crystalline planets have the same issue BTW.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Yeah, I noticed the Crystalline planets problem and was going to let you know.
However I did not remembered the DCs from my earlier attempts.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Just now I remember one small suggestion - could you add number of unemployed population beside the Labour Pool? Would be useful sometimes, in case of big number of unassign people.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
This weekend I tried to test my old, but just modernized laptop (double memory + SSD + Win10 1905) using Supremacy and today I hit three times the same error:
- sometimes I had difficulties to roll up the Build List of the System screen to the top (to upgrade some facilities), I tried touchpad or arrow up with the same result - the game hangs up before I reached the top of the list, not responding, using 25% processor power and about 400 MB of memory.
It happened 3 times within about 3 hours of gameplay. Of course no error log was generated
I met that also earlier sometimes
geordie
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:56 pm Just now I remember one small suggestion - could you add number of unemployed population beside the Labour Pool? Would be useful sometimes, in case of big number of unassign people.
Do you want the actual number of population that is unemployed, or the number of population "blocks" (units of 10 pop) that are free to assign? I know it looks like a silly question, but just want to be sure.
Also, could this be a tooltip, or would you want this to be always displayed (including in smaller system, or systems with no unassigned population)? I'm trying to think in terms of aesthetics vs functionality.

This weekend I tried to test my old, but just modernized laptop (double memory + SSD + Win10 1905) using Supremacy and today I hit three times the same error:
- sometimes I had difficulties to roll up the Build List of the System screen to the top (to upgrade some facilities), I tried touchpad or arrow up with the same result - the game hangs up before I reached the top of the list, not responding, using 25% processor power and about 400 MB of memory.
It happened 3 times within about 3 hours of gameplay. Of course no error log was generated
I met that also earlier sometimes
Does this happen when you roll up with the mouse wheel? (not that it should matter)
Maybe this is yet another issue with Win10?
I don't recall ever having this happen in a game, but I'll check it. Thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I thought about a population number exactly similar to the above ones (the employed by tasks).
Using laptop I use only touch pad, but today I tried to avoid that problem and used only keyboard - after three moves up the fourth one caused the same error. I noticed that only in the Build List.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

More details - last time it happened after choosing an item form the build list, the cursor did not remain in the same (or next) position, but jumped some lines down - in effect, after scroling 2-3 items up, the game did not respond.
geordie
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I cannot repro any of this on my Win10 1803 laptop. Everything works fine in the Build List - touch pad, arrow keys, pg up pg dn, mousewheel, scroll bar, panel edge.

Anyone else having this problem?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Added a tooltip to the Labout Pool, but for some reason it's not displaying the value correctly...

The Gas Giant and Crystalline planets issue is fixed.
Added a minimum "length" for stable wormholes to form.
Added a SitRep when a foreign envoy to your civ retires.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

In fact I cannot repeat that on my PC as well...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New build available.

Some AI colony management improvements, including a bug fix or two.

All empires now have 2 construction ships. We need images, models and descriptions for the new ships (Cardassian, Klingon and Romulan). @Vladimir, sorry it took so long...

Increased thresholds for the top tech levels, following some feedback that research was too fast.
Feedback is very much (needed and) appreciated, namely which (if any) tech levels need their thresholds increased (or decreased).
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

In my opinion you can reduce research speed by a factor of x10. At least for large/huge size galaxies.

I started playing with the Klingons with the research factor modded down to 0.05 from 0.5 for the "slow" research option. And I am already at around level 5/6 without having met ANYONE yet and its ~turn 170.

Maybe you need to additionally scale the value with the galaxy size selected ?

Return to “Supremacy”