Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Isangrad
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Isangrad »

I created this problem. I got tired of combing through the tables after each update making the same changes repeatedly. I have a copy of the modded files saved and i over write the files that come with each update with the modded copies. I did not take into consideration the addition of the Ion Storms this update and my modded UniverseTables.txt file was the problem. Thank you for the help.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, you've modded the game. Sorry about the inconvenience. I'll try to remember to point out which data files were changed in each release, to alleviate some of that work.

Would you care to explain the changes you made? Is there something you feel needs to be tweaked/changed/overhauled? It could be an interesting discussion, I think.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'll try to make Ion Storms span multiple sectors when I have enough available time.
They will now try to run adjacent (diagonal) sectors, but it doesn't really look very nice...
I'll have to take a look at the way stars are placed, especially in Elliptical galaxies, as there's a lot of wasted space, and when an empire fails to be placed, the game crashes when trying to re-gen.

I also implemented dragging the starmap with only the mouse-wheel pressed (keeping the previous way, CTL + LMB).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Tweaked ellipticals so that the chance for a crash on generation is reduced. While at it, also tweaked the minor race spawning for the various galaxy shapes.
I think I also fixed an old combat crash.
Added a few more soundfx.

I've also been looking into the economic view, and the eliminated icon, but they're taking way too long...

Currently working on properly implementing Garrisons and Entrenchment, and tweaking some of the bonuses.
And at the same time working on improving/extending Regard penalties for system assaults (for all civs).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Added a StationType tag to SpaceStations to prepare for station upgrades.
Still working on fixing the old combat crash (the previous fix didn't work).
Declaring war on a civ now triggers a state of war between the declaring civ and all the target's allies.
The different bombardment modes have their intended effects now, and have different impacts on other civs, according to their traits.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Added the Raid order to taskforces.
Also added the Intercept order, but it does nothing yet.
Added voice clips for taskforce orders, Romulans only for now. Will add the rest as I get the time to convert the files.
Working on the technological victory condition.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'd like some feedback on which version for displaying the eliminated icon is best.
Or suggestions for any other implementation, of course.

The first version has the icon overlap the civ's insignia, the second has it displaced a bit to the lower right, so that the insigna is still visible.
Attachments
eliminated2.JPG
eliminated2.JPG (6.67 KiB) Viewed 7214 times
eliminated1.JPG
eliminated1.JPG (6.73 KiB) Viewed 7214 times
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I like the first version.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! Just to clarify, the top image (displaced) or the bottom one (overlapping) ?

I've actually been thinking about you. We need more personalized texts for each civ, would you be interested in such a task? ;)
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Iceman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm Thanks! Just to clarify, the top image (displaced) or the bottom one (overlapping) ?

I like the top version (displaced), with the insignia being still somewhat visible.

Iceman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm I've actually been thinking about you. We need more personalized texts for each civ, would you be interested in such a task? ;)

Lol. I still don't think I'm very good, but I can take a crack at it if you like. What kind of texts do you need?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Cool, thanks. I think it's best too, you can see which civ got eliminated.
I still have to get it to work properly though, it needs to refresh on elimination. Right now it only works when exiting and reloading.
Do you think the scrap indicator (the red cross when scrapping stuff) would look better than the skull and bones? Or any other icon?
If someone can produce a better image, please do attach it here! (or any other image)

Ok, so I've added SitReps for allied civs when war is declared on one of their partners. It's in lines 123~134 (... _WAR_DECLARATION_ON_ALLY), but it's not very good, any improvements are most welcome. That's the default/generic one. It'd be nice to have customized texts for each civ, just like you did for the WarDec some time ago - those are at the bottom of the file, lines 331+.
Any other text that you can customize, feel free to do it! ;)

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
CivStringDatabase.xml
(27.85 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Eliminated icon now working correctly.
Raid order complete.
Voice clips for the rest of the civs added (except Borg and Dominion). SitReps are next.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Implemented a new tab in the Settings dialog which will allow, at the start of the game, to choose if the Borg are playable, and which victory conditions will be enabled for that game.

More voice clips added. Improved the handling of sound effects.
Attachments
settings.png
settings.png (135.15 KiB) Viewed 6988 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

When a system is assimilated by the Borg, the former owner of the system now gets a detailed sitrep with the borg.png image (the drone one) and the ResistanceIsFutile.wav soundfx. :twisted:

When declaring war on a member of an alliance, allies will honour the treaty and enter a state of war with the aggressor. Bonuses to Trust, penalties to Regard, the works.

New civ trait Raider, for civs with fast attack ships with RaidAbility. Down the line there should a diplo option to "hire" them to raid colonies of other civs, embargo trade routes, etc.

Will work on another civ trait, Xenophobic, after this release.

It's now possible to order multiple items in the planetary build queue the same way as scrapping/unscrapping - holding the CTL or SHIFT button down and double-clicking the item, for sets of 5 or 10 respectively.

A bunch of smallish fixes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here's a pic of a system being assimilated by the Borg.
Attachments
assimilation.JPG
assimilation.JPG (25.03 KiB) Viewed 6914 times

Return to “Supremacy”