Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Weyoun2986 »

I'm actually not sure if it needs to be improved, because I can't figure out when it applies or not. I've tried changing the amount of population assigned to industry and it doesn't seem to make a difference - some systems get a bonus while others don't. I'll keep testing it, though, to see if I can figure it out.
DarExc
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DarExc »

Wow, I hadn't tried this out in a long time, I just played for 3hrs! I'm amazed, if there were a kick starter I'd contribute. This is really goods work, can't wait for the improved AI! It crashed while bombarding Cardassia with all weapons, hope this is an ok place to post the log.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Illegal state transition from AwaitingPlayerOrders to ReplayingResults.

at Supremacy.Types.StateManager`1.TryChange(TStateEnum desiredState) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Types\StateManager.cs:line 64
at Supremacy.Client.Views.SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.PlaybackResults(InvasionArena update) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\SystemAssaultScreen\SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.cs:line 784
at Supremacy.Client.Views.SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.ProcessUpdate(InvasionArena update) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\SystemAssaultScreen\SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.cs:line 893
at Supremacy.Client.Views.SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.OnInvasionUpdateReceived(ClientDataEventArgs`1 e) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\SystemAssaultScreen\SystemAssaultScreenViewModel.cs:line 775

----------------------------------------
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Weyoun2986 wrote:I'm actually not sure if it needs to be improved, because I can't figure out when it applies or not. I've tried changing the amount of population assigned to industry and it doesn't seem to make a difference - some systems get a bonus while others don't. I'll keep testing it, though, to see if I can figure it out.
Can't recall if it only applies to systems with dilithium, but it only kicks in if the planetary build queue is empty - you either get credits from trade goods or extra shipbuilding capacity, not both! It is related to the number of active industry facilities in the system.
The Colonies list in the Assets screen doesn't update shipbuilding output automatically yet, so changing active industry or the build queue doesn't reflect immediately in the output display.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

DarExc wrote:Wow, I hadn't tried this out in a long time, I just played for 3hrs! I'm amazed, if there were a kick starter I'd contribute. This is really goods work, can't wait for the improved AI! It crashed while bombarding Cardassia with all weapons, hope this is an ok place to post the log.
Hi DarExc
This is a known issue, the most critical one still around. If you assault more than one system in the same turn, you get this crash. I assume you had 2+ assaults going?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Weyoun2986 »

Hey, Iceman, can you give a summary of what's new/improved in the latest release?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Let's see if I can remember everything ;)

- There's now a new selection pulldown in the game options screen that allows you to choose whether new colonies (and only new colonies) should have their starting production facilities at tech level 1 (BotF style) or at current tech level.
- In MP games, human players will (while a better solution is not implemented) use the same rules as the AI to determine acceptance/rejection of diplomatic actions.
- Lots of fixes to diplomacy, especially when interacting with membered/subjugated minors of another empire. Bribes are not yet implemented though. Eliminated civs are marked so.
- Affiliation or better treaties now extend fuel range and scanner range.
- Increased ships repair rate only if affiliated or better, or war partner.
- Shipbuilding only advances if all the resources required for the turn are available simultaneously. Couldn't get stations to do the same, yet.
- Some UI improvements (disabling buttons when unavailable action, TR display, etc).
- Fixed a couple of issues with assigning trade routes.
- I think I've fixed the envoy crash that was still lurking.
- Fixed 1st contact with membered/subjugated minors, and when retreating too.
- Minors whose trait is (more) in line with an empire's trait will have a higher initial regard towards that empire (ideally this should be made data-driven, to allow more granularity - task for the future?).
- A few tweaks to diplomacy: Pacifist minors should be easier to befriend, demanding credits will lower Regard, extended morale modifiers to all "peace" treaty types.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Still working on diplo, fixed a couple more issues.
Fixed an issue with stations, testing a couple of AI improvements, working on the correct implementation of unrest orders.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available, at the usual place.

There are a few interesting additions in this release. No spoilers for now :wink:

--

Since uploading the new build, I've fixed a few more bugs and I've substancially improved the AI's colony management capabilities. I'll try to focus more on the AI for the next release, make it look more alive.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Major kudos to ratdog for all the work, input, feedback, ideas and general support for this release!! :up:
Thanks a lot Kieran! Let's make the next one even better.
ratdog
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by ratdog »

No problem. I'm sure the next one will showcase some impressive improvements that we are currently working on.
JohnDoe22
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by JohnDoe22 »

Hey, great to see you're still working on this, been following the project for years.

Just wondering why the website hasn't been updated for so long https://www.startreksupremacy.com/ last news update says 2009.

An amazing amount of work has been done on this, and it looks fantastic!

One issue im having, is there any way to terminate an agreement with another species? I have been paying some of the minors per turn to get them to eventually join me but now im starting to run low on cash and I cant find a way to terminate the per turn payments.

Please keep up the great work, I would love to see this complete one day!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey JD
Yes, unfortunately the website is kind of abandoned. It's a shame really. TBH I can't really recall who was maintaining it anymore... Some time ago someone offered to create a new site, but since there wasn't enough traffic around here, it didn't go through.

We're working on some really nice stuff for the next release. We have some new people in the team who have some really good ideas.

Currently the only way to terminate an agreement is to declare war (or if the minor gets affiliated or membered by another empire). In the current build, the recurring amounts have been decreased to mitigate this (from steps of 1000 to 100). But the plan is to have a way to terminate agreements, and to implement duration of agreements - most likely replacing the recurring payment with a selector for duration, which is more versatile and logical.
As a side note, this is important because if you can't meet the payments, Trust with that race will decrease, thus affecting your ability to get agrrements to be accepted...

Thanks for the support!!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In the next release, recurring payments will have a duration of a fixed 10 turns, as a temporary fix for the issue.
I'll work on a duration of 25 turns for NAPs too, while at it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here's some news on development:

A fixed duration for NAPs (25 turns) has been implemented. This will be improved down the line.
The AI now upgrades its production facilities, though not yet in a very efficient way. This should make a difference especially in lower level starts.
Damage Control modifiers to damage taken during battle according to the crew's experience level have been implemented, which should make space battles a little more interesting.

We should also have some new themes for some of the empires, and some UI improvements!

Return to “Supremacy”