Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 amWhat was the morale threashold for revolts in BotF?
Are you sure you want to know?

Rebellions are one of the worst mess ups in the logical game design of BotF with the main code being mistakenly part of the random events instead of the penalties for low morale.

There is three codes with entirely different rebellion prerequisites each:

1. Random events(BUG) initial test for rebellions (no home system, rebellious, not last system held) chance 1 : morale value
2. Real random event (rebellious, defiant or disgruntled - even if last system held! but no home) chance 1 : [2100 / 2000 / 1800 / 1650 / 1000 for difficulty levels 1-5]
3. Penalties for low morale (rebellious/defiant, systems held 2+; home system seems possible) -> erratic chance, very unlikely to happen

And they avoided the question of restoring empires by skipping rebellions on systems with inhabitants of dead empires, so rebellious morale issues on said systems could be solved by eliminating conquered empires as fast as possible(untill we fixed that).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Spocks!
When I have the time I'll look into adding a chance for low morale systems inhabited by another race to revolt (become independent if minor race, rejoin original empire if subjugated) - that's the easy(ier) part.
Your own systems rebelling and becoming independent, that's not going to be easy - I don't think the game supports systems having no owner.

In 2., aren't those chances kind of on the low side? 1/2000 ?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:46 pmYour own systems rebelling and becoming independent, that's not going to be easy - I don't think the game supports systems having no owner.
They do nothing in BotF (no pop-growth or building agenda) just the techlevels of the source empire get read for system defenses (even if gone).

@ 2. each turn for each system and vs. 10 events in total, so its a matter of combinatorics and most player demanded lowering those frequencies for hard and impossible.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:01 am @ 2. each turn for each system and vs. 10 events in total, so its a matter of combinatorics and most player demanded lowering those frequencies for hard and impossible.
Yes, but only rolling for systems that meet the requirements (<= disgruntled, no home)...

In Supremacy, random events are done differently, so we'll have to adapt.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Changed the requisite for building Troop Transports from population to garrison. Will make them actually cost garrison units next.

Tweaked the chance for AI Borg fleets to retreat.

Added some more soundfx, and tweaked others.

I'll probably release a new build soon.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Implemented rebellion of non-native systems. :grin:
Could use some help with the texts, if anyone is interested in helping. We need:

Summary text (for the Summary screen / SitRep):
- one for the civ that just lost the system
- one for the original owner of the system that got the system back (if subjugated) / became independent (member minor race)

Details text (for the Details screen):
- one for the civ that just lost the system
- one for the original owner of the system that got the system back (if subjugated) / became independent (member minor race)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Made the number and size of the moons of planets in the Sol system (and a couple of other planets) be as close as possible to reality.

Implemented kind of a temporary fix for diplo proposals where the amount of credits offered is higher than what the civ has available to spend - which would result in no credits being transfered, but Regard being increased (proposal accepted), AND Trust being decreased (not enough funds)...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available.

Danijel managed to fix the most critical crash in the game, yay!
You should now be able to assault as many systems per turn as you want! I'd ask feedback on this, as both Danijel and myself could only do some limited testing.
So please check if multiple assaults are working as they should, or if there's anything wrong with it - and give us some feedback.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The system assault SitRep shows an incorrect number of structures destroyed - fixed it.

Tweaked the amount of damage from bombardement according to bombardment strategy used: Maximum Precision will do less damage and focus on Garrison and Buildings (military targets mostly), Maximum Damage will do lots of damage and focus on Population and Production Facilities (economy); Balanced will be something in between.

Still a few things to improve in battles, namely showing the results of all space battles instead of just the last one... and show details for system subjugation.

Also fixed an issue with Garrison in assimilated colonies.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Just noticed that the structures scrapped voice clip only plays for the Borg... that's due to the file names being wrong. Easy enough to fix, just go to :
\Resources\SoundFX\General\(civ)\
and rename the file
ScrapStructuresOrder.wav
to
StructuresScrapped.wav

Will fix that for the next release.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed an issue with planet animation in 2+ assaults a turn.
A couple more tweaks to invasions.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Working on adding the new star textures Danijel made - will probably allow both the current and the new ones to be used, maybe by adding another option to the Settings window.

Also working on this. It's still not working, the assign officer button is not doing anything and the image is a placeholder, and only the first ship in the fleet is actually shown. No ship stats yet either.
Attachments
taskforces.png
taskforces.png (210.18 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Apparently I must have disabled agent spawning by accident... probably with the crash fix.
I'll look into it.

I've increased initial resources for Early and Developed levels, so that building an outpost is not such a drag.

I think I'll have to tweak weapon damage, it's way too high late game. I'll probably halve the level increase rate.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:57 pm Apparently I must have disabled agent spawning by accident... probably with the crash fix.
Found the problem and fixed it.

A few bells and whistles in the diplomacy screen, like the border of a civ's image is color-coded according to relationship, the civ's image is dimmed if it is eliminated, the left side envoy button doesn't say No Envoy if a minor civ is chosen (they have no agents), the image for an envoy is dimmed if he cannot be recalled from the current mission.

The Economic button is mostly working, a few details need to be ironed out.

The Task Forces tab now shows more than just the first ship in the fleet (but I cheated :D , need to make it work properly).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The overview modes (Economic, Military) now work correctly.

When scrapping stations, the correct station is now scrapped. Still need to fix the scrap menu.

Return to “Supremacy”