Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Valcoren »

not sure what's up but I don't get the new UI skins
blargen
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blargen »

Same with me, the skins are the default Fed ones, and while I love the way they look playing the Cardassian with Starfleet UI just feels wrong. :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

They're not complete yet! Sorry, I wasn't clear about that. Only half the galaxy map is done. Actually, those should be temporary anyway, as Devin is working on designing the UI for at least the Klingons I think.
I'm assuming this is the problem you guys are getting, incomplete themes? Or do you mean all civs still have the full Fed theme?

There's a problem with treaties BTW, they all have a duration of 10 turns by default, and a when a Membership treaty ends it kicks the minor to Subjugated status, which triggers Morale loss every turn... my bad, I'll try to fix it for monday. Sorry.

BTW, I uploaded another build today, with some AI improvements (upgrades PFs, expands correctly, builds farms and factories when bombed to the stone age, ...), and some more great planet textures by Valcoren.
blargen
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blargen »

Ok, I've loaded the latest one and checked them out. Yeah half the map is done as you said. Got confused when I loaded up a Romulan game and it still had the Federation right-click menu, the Cardasssians and Klingons both have their specific ones.

BTW, I absolutely love the music on the Cardassian game, so much better than the BoTF one for me.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Dominion one is kind of crappy really, I couldn't get the color scheme right. Any ideas about any of the themes is most welcome, of course.

Yeah, Derek did a great job, and that's the demo version, he is really busy and didn't have time to produce the final version for this build. I can't wait to see what he'll do for the other civs!
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

It maybe just me then, because I only get the Fed UI. I'm going to re-download and try it again. since I have been changing images for testing, maybe the cause of it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded the fixed build. AFAICT treaties are now working correctly.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

For the next release, gifts will take into account TechCurve and CivTraits. Bribing a member of another empire will decrease Regard and might cancel the membership if it goes low enough.
Still need to implement Bribe Resistance.
theshens
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by theshens »

I just registered to thank you, Iceman. I have been following the project for years and am extremely happy that you are keeping it alive. Supremacy is looking (and playing) fantastic.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks theshens! And welcome to the forums!!
We've fortunately had some fantastic people contributing to the improvement of the game in the last few months, and that is priceless. This is going to be an amazing game one day. ;)

--

BribeResistance is in, still need to implement PercentBribeResistanceEmpireWide.

I'm thinking of giving stations some claim weight, like colonies have - something 1 sector radius for Outpost II and 2 sectors for both starbases (moddable by the player).
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Playing around and up dated the Title Screen.

Thoughts?
Attachments
Title.png
Title.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 6456 times
Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Weyoun2986 »

As always, the game continues to get better and better. Nice work! :-)

A few questions/thoughts: 1) Is it possible to play as the Borg? Is that planned?

And 2) if y'all have time to create this feature in a future build of the game, an 'auto upgrade' option for the system window would be great. I'm thinking a simple "Auto upgrade production facilities?" button that could be toggled on and off in the game options. I usually enjoy starting games in one of the earlier technology levels, but then as research advances and upgrades become available it becomes tedious to go back through each system and add the PF upgrades to the system build queue. I think the auto upgrade feature should only apply to production facilities, as upgrading buildings (scanners, shipyards, hospitals, etc) might result in those facilities being shut down because of a lack of adequate power.

Finally, 3) have you considered allowing the major empires to absorb another major empire diplomatically? I'm thinking along the lines of the Cardassian Union/Dominion in DS9. I would think the conditions for accepting an offer to join another empire would have to be set almost astronomically high: a military roughly 5x larger, perfect regard/trust levels, a 'full alliance' diplomatic status that had lasted at least 500 turns (or something like that). Anyway, it might be a nice feature to add at some point, especially if you're considering adding any additional playable empires down the road.

Keep up the excellent work! Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Weyoun!

1) Yes, it is possible to play as the Borg. But there isn't much you can do with them, at least not yet. They only have a couple of (experimental) specific buildings (with no images yet!), so it's kind of limited in terms of gameplay. They can't colonize, they can't invade, their ships are quite expensive. Any feedback on how to improve them is welcome.
Here's what you have to do:
edit the \Resources\Data\Civilizations.xaml file, find the entry for the Borg, and change their civilization type from Special to Empire. And that's it! (You can do this for any civilization actually, meaning minors)

2) I'll see what I can do about that. Probably not anytime too soon though.

3) You mean even if the absorbed empire is played by a human player? That would be kind of weird I guess.
blargen
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blargen »

A while ago I stumbled on some video's on youtube titled 'Star Trek Supremacy Combat Engine Demo", are those demo's from this game?

If they are, or if not, are you're planning similar style of combat that was in BoTF? Will combat and evasive manoeuvres be titled like they were in the shows, for example, pattern gamma, pattern beta two (perhaps with a little image like BoTF), instead of the original games strafe, evade, etc.

Thanks for the answers, I've already dropped many hours into this game, love it!
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Hi Blargen,

I think you are referring to the demos Kenneth of Borg uploaded to youtube in (I think) 2013. I'm sure Iceman can fill you in better on the battle combat simulator. I'm not too sure as to what happened to that part of the game play.

Return to “Supremacy”