Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:14 am Another detail - garrisons sometimes are still not growing. Please check one of my first colonies Beta Cook.
Fixed. Thanks! I'll upload a patch in a few minutes, right after I check all the data files are up to date.

Some time ago I asked you to add number of people to the Labour Pool line.
I did add it, as a tooltip. :wink:
IIRC you will need to move at least one pop block around to get the tooltip to actually show you the value, but for now that'll have to do... :neutral:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Yea, now I know how to use tooltip.

Anyway I would ask you for a help, because my saving problems develop fast. Today I had updated the game to Apr18, but after some turns I couldn't save any turn, maybe only once after a restart. There was a voice message about saving, but nothing happened. I tried to run the game as admin and as Win 8 compatibility mode (suggested by Windows), but without a positive effect. I suppose that log is more useful now:
Log 20200419.txt
(36.42 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You're getting persistent OoM issues... not sure what's causing them.
Refresh my memory please. Was it you who would not run the game from the Documents folder? I think it caused you save issues before?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I haven't heard about a requirement to run the game from the Documents folder. Yes, I have a separate disc for games, but we did not talk about that. I can move it to the Documents and let you know. All last errors and a lack of saves (not causing crashes) were related to system assaults. Damn fu..en Romulans again ;(
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heh, they'll screw with you even when they're being rolled over ;)

There's no requirement, I just remembered talking to someone that was concerned about security issues with running the game from the Documents folder, but can't recall who.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No change after starting from the Documents. Now I can only play without assaulting enemy's systems. Fleet fight simulation works OK, no critical errors.
I tried to track the changes in the log and problems started exactly after chosing first order in the assault screen
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You mean when choosing Attack Orbital Defenses?
I just tested it on a new game (patched to 18apr), and attacked successfully a minor race homesystem with an OB, and had no problems.

Can you explain again the whole situation please?
Did this only start happening after you patched to 18apr?
Could you assault systems with no issues in the early stages of that game?
Does it happen if you start a new game?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Current status (Apr18):
I run my last save without any actions. It is a log after completing the turn without assaulting any system. There were only two fights of fleets in space.
Log 20200421_0.txt
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
In next step I started the game ahain from the same save and assaulting only one Dominion system (I have two wars now :) ).
It is the screen of my action:
Screenshot (11).jpg
Screenshot (11).jpg (588.56 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
and related log status before the action:
Log 20200421_1.txt
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 80 times
It looks that only three attachments are accepted so another two will be in next post
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The log after the system assault:
Log 20200421_2.txt
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
and tle last one after the turn end:
Log 20200421_3.txt
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
I will try to repeat the steps in Masr31 version.
I had subjugated two minor races in the first part of the game, under Mar31, without any noticeable problems. I will check if I have saves from that time and run the save in Apr18 game.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried the same sequence in Mar31 game and the log is significantly shorter:
Log 20200421_Mar31.txt
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Please let me know if you need full translations of the logs.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Did the game actually crash?

I'm asking because the logs only show 2 problems, one of them is just something that isn't working (yet).

_1 has no issues,
The SystemAssault error (_2, _Mar31, part of _3) doesn't crash the game, it's the xaml that is not yet being read.
The only issue is in _0 / _3 , and that's some code I added to prevent the AI from building TTs in multiple colonies, which I'll have to look into again.

If the game is crashing, could you please post the savegame? Thx!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No, that situation doesn't cause a crash, only usually I cannot save the game. I have sometimes other out of memory crashes, but no around assoult actions.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Not being able to save the game is related to the OoM issues.
The assault screen log re reading the XAML, I might just disable the ability to mod the values for now - or simply get rid of it as it is not that important anyway.

I have improved the way the game handles gal gen when Homesystems are set to Random. The Borg will always be alone in the quadrant they're spawned in (which is randomized), and always in its "outer" corner. If RandomEvents are set to No, no quadrant will be reserved for them.
The Dominion will only be alone and placed centrally in the Gamma Q in Canon games; in Random, they'll be treated like the other majors.
Also slightly tweaked the formula for calculating the minimum distance between empire homesystems.

Still need to distribute the other empires evenly by the other quadrants, and have no "empty" quadrants (to prevent some with 3 and some with zero).
Also need to decide what to do with how the Bajoran Wormhole will be handled with Random Homesystems - make it an Unstable WH :?:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Still need to distribute the other empires evenly by the other quadrants, and have no "empty" quadrants (to prevent some with 3 and some with zero).
Done.

Also, the AI should now be a bit better at building surveyors, namely building upgraded versions when available, and minor race designs if advantageous.
I have detected a problem with food though, building Moon Habitation seems to lead to a starvation situation - the AI builds a first farm but then stops for some reason...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think I have found the issue with food. Will fix asap.

Also made the AI build upgraded versions of scouts too when available, and minor race designs if advantageous.

Return to “Supremacy”