Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

It's Radeon 5700XT.
BTW - could you check, using my save, why I cannot upgrade batteries in the Rutia system?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:29 am BTW - could you check, using my save, why I cannot upgrade batteries in the Rutia system?
At first glance, I can't find a reason. I'll try to check that tomorrow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found the problem. Since OBs were maxed in the system, it wouldn't allow building more AND upgrading too. Fix will be in next patch.
Thanks for the catch!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 pm My Friend and i was playing on multiplayer and when we didnt run into an issue until it came to combat with another major power, if he attacked it didnt allow us to move on, we realize it was a hugh galaxy but when we did a smaller galaxy when he ran into the dominion it basically made us stuck at processing combat.
Was there anything in the Error.txt log file?

BTW, why didn't the Klingons expand at all? Did you disable them in that game?
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Just wanted to post an update on the status of the combat engine. Will still be a while before it's ready for a test patch, it needs A LOT of work yet but there is now actual combat between ships. You can select fleets, issue navigation/attack orders, move the camera around and the results of the battle are incorporated properly into the game.

Graphics are still pretty primitive, been mostly working on the actual mechanics behind ship movement/attacks.

Couple other notes, the shield texture is something I grabbed from a bridge commander mod. Not sure what I'm going to actually use, but it is what I'm using for testing and credit goes to:
FrostedFX - By ChillerHippie 04/06/2007

Same with the prometheus model, don't remember where I grabbed it from (just using for testing) but credit to whoever created it.
ss1.png
ss1.png (297.33 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Looking great!
:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patches.

OB upgrade issue mentioned by geordie fixed.
MP combat hang mentioned by rkdtwo fixed.
In the _AutoBuild version, the defenses/shipyard/resources/scanner options in the Colony Management tab should now have (more of) an effect. Please test.

(this should probably be the last "regular" patch, and the _AutoBuild version should become the standard - I guess you guys should be finishing your current games by now?)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 pm My Friend and i was playing on multiplayer
we realize it was a hugh galaxy but when we did a smaller galaxy
I'm not sure if at this day and age, that warning about MP games in Medium+ maps is still relevant/warranted :?:
Should we remove it :?:
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:00 pm
rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 pm My Friend and i was playing on multiplayer and when we didnt run into an issue until it came to combat with another major power, if he attacked it didnt allow us to move on, we realize it was a hugh galaxy but when we did a smaller galaxy when he ran into the dominion it basically made us stuck at processing combat.
Was there anything in the Error.txt log file?

BTW, why didn't the Klingons expand at all? Did you disable them in that game?
There was no error showing up it would just not let us get past the someone is in combat screen and it would last over 30 minutes and not give an error or anything so we would quit and try the save game, we was kinda curious about that we didnt do anything to the klingons but we noticed they was not expanding.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, it should be fixed now, can you guys test with the new patch and let us know if you can continue with the game?
I only tested it playing against myself, it would be nice to check it properly.

That's really odd about the Klingons... can you guys check if it happens again in other MP games you play? Not just to the Klingons, but to any civ.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded new patches, Offer/Request Resources was having a really low effect on proposals, so it should be better now.

The _AutoBuild version also fixes effects of proposals (Morale, Regard/Trust) between human players in MP games.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New (_AutoBuild) patch: Industry and Research options in Manage Production Facilities should now have some effect (but still need work); Resource Production should slightly increase priority of resource generating Buidlings; a shipyard as a first build will only happen if both Manage Build Queue and Shipyard Production are activated.
Also tweaked formulae for agent recruitment.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed the Resource Production behavior.
Tweaked non-essential labor allocation to take production focus into consideration, including Defense.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have found two, rather rare errors.

1. The Borg game, 2022-08-05 patch
Error 20220807.txt
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
An error after clicking a sitrep informing that the Borg fleet support is too low. I was able to continue the game by avoiding clicking it.
Anyway, the Borg game is not playable now. The fleet support requirements are too harsh, like 100 turns to build a new cube.

2. The Romulan game, 2202-08-05 patch
Error 20220808.txt
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
An error only apperas after a retirement from the game and starting the same one from a save. I made a mistake and wanted to use a save from turn 1 and some features on the map are not accessible by clicking, like home system

BTW - it looks that a leader recruitment stopped somehow in the Romulan Empire. I am in the turn 150 now (patch 2022-08-08).
Screenshot (35).jpg
Screenshot (35).jpg (502.19 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:42 am I have found two, rather rare errors.

1. The Borg game, 2022-08-05 patch
Error 20220807.txt
An error after clicking a sitrep informing that the Borg fleet support is too low. I was able to continue the game by avoiding clicking it.
Found the issue, thanks!

Anyway, the Borg game is not playable now. The fleet support requirements are too harsh, like 100 turns to build a new cube.
Yes, if you do not assimilate any colonies.
I'll look into tweaking the formula, maybe make the human player use the same formula as Impossible AIMode.

2. The Romulan game, 2202-08-05 patch
Error 20220808.txt
An error only apperas after a retirement from the game and starting the same one from a save. I made a mistake and wanted to use a save from turn 1 and some features on the map are not accessible by clicking, like home system
Is that error reproducible? If so, can you post the save(s) that allow reproducing it please?

BTW - it looks that a leader recruitment stopped somehow in the Romulan Empire. I am in the turn 150 now (patch 2022-08-08).
Unfortunately, the Romulans only have (those) 4 agents to be recruited before the Sophisticated era... :sad:
Once you reach TL4 you should get some more.

Return to “Supremacy”