Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I was playing a campaign on the previous patch and there is an engagement with an Echo Papa drone that on the first time it CTD. When I reloaded it was fine and I eventually killed the drone. However during the subsequent engagements the drone would "retreat" but still stay in system. I know it is only meant for defense of the system and not a ship that can moved off system, but is this working as intended when it will retreat but stay in place?

I am including the save with the engagement, it only crashed the first time and then after that I did not have the problem so I'm not sure if it be of any use to you in solving the problem.
SP Klingons Huge Cluster 440.zip
(651.14 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Hebrewhammer.

You didn't keep the log files after the CTD, by any chance?

I think I prevented stranded ships from retreating in battle, but I may have forgotten about speed zero ships... will check!

I took the patch down as I noticed some issues, will re-upload tomorrow as it's late now.

Thanks for the save!
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

The only logs I have are probably from a more recent crash which has happened multiple times but never got around to reporting it. :grin:

I will include the crash log i do have.
Error.txt
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:47 pm The only logs I have are probably from a more recent crash which has happened multiple times but never got around to reporting it. :grin:

I will include the crash log i do have.
This is a mini-map related crash, when selecting a sector. When you get this, are you playing a map that is larger than the standard maps? (by editing the tables)

When you get a crash, please do not start another game or reload the game before making a copy of the Error.txt and Log.txt files, in the \Logs folder. Also, make a copy of the autosave file too. Zip them up and post them here, or PM them to me, whatever you prefer.
Thanks! :up:
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I will remember to do so, and yes I usually play on the huge map. Also the error seems to happen only when accidentally click on the very edge/border of the mini map.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

My question was if you were playing a standard Huge map (72x72 sectors) or a modified version (by modding/editing the tables to higher values).

Edit: Nvm, fixed it.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Just because of my curiosity I tried a really really huge (Andromeda type?) galaxy, 255x255.
It's impressive, but I don't believe it's playable. The galaxy generation lasted about 10 minutes :shock:
Screenshot 2022-12-12 115648.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-12 115648.jpg (766.23 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's what I meant by getting silly :wink:

New patch.

Fixed the minimap crash.
Echo Papa607 should not retreat in battle (AI and player).
AI will also evaluate sending combat ships through defended wormholes; both stations and fleets are now checked.
Smallish AI improvements.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

geordie wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:05 amThe galaxy generation lasted about 10 minutes :shock:
Sounds like Iceman has been replaced by a Changeling who sabotages Supremacy with an unbearable game lag. :shock:

We need to tighten the internal security measures. :twisted:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Code: Select all

if (map.Width > X || map.Height > X)
    StallForNineMoreMinutes();
Hmm...?!
:twisted:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Please check this save:
SP Romulans Very Huge Irregular 265.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
I have a scout mark 2 in sector (72,104) and when I am trying to send it to the Surplus Depot (system E'Ladarea, sector 26,82) it chooses a shortcut thru a not explored wormhole. In fact it's the Bajoran wormhole, so maybe it's known to everybody.... :???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:lol:
Fixed it, thanks!

How does that map size (max/2) play, so far?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

So far, so good. No issues related to the size. I will let you know once number of colonized systems increases. It's what I wanted to test.
For now uploading the game of turn processing last a while, but it is acceptable time.

BTW - could you check leaders in my save? First era looks OKey now, but the second one looks disrupted.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It is related to the (canon) "timeline". The 1st two (Keras and Gaius) are recruited in TLs 4 and 5, and the other (Nanclus) in TLs 5 and 6. That gap is probably when you reached TL 5.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:59 am BTW - could you check leaders in my save? First era looks OKey now, but the second one looks disrupted.
I think I may know why. Nanclus was only recruited after one of your agents retired - because you already had 8 active agents, which is the maximum you can have.

New patch.

Slight tweak to agent recruitment.
Fixed the wormhole issue.
Slight tweaks to a couple of SitReps.
Fixed an issue in AI colony management, and some tweaks.
The Borg AI should now build hubs for expansion (but might be crappy at it).
Tweaked the way the AI empires choose which ship types to build.

I'll be away for a few days, for the holidays. I'll let you guys know when I'm back :wink:
Merry xmas everyone!

Return to “Supremacy”