Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Reduced time to terraform planets, but I'm not sure if it was too much. Please LMK how it goes now, and check if it doesn't cause resource issues. The need for multiple colony ships to terraform a system quickly has probably all but disappeared :neutral: .

Fixed some inconsistencies in terrorism events, and added some more modifiers to min pop to spawn them in non-native colonies.
► Show Spoiler
Some other fixes and improvements.
Botf-Fan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Botf-Fan »

Fyi, Running your latest patch (Nov 9) and noticed that the locks on the intelligence screen don't seem to work.
I can reduce sabotage to 25%, lock it, then reduce Espionage, but Sabotage will start to go up again.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Botf-Fan.
Yes, that screen is not working yet. Hopefully akido will start working on it soon.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

I'm playing the feds and I signed an agreement with the Bajorans on turn 96 for open borders for a duration of 100 turns. On turn 131 I got a message saying the agreement has expired. However, the trade route is still active..

Any thoughts?
Attachments
SP Federation Medium Irregular 131.sav
(806.17 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi the6the!
The agreement is still active, since it is still listed in the Agreements section of the diplo screen, and your Status with the Bajorans is still Friendly - and like you mentioned the TR is still active too.
I'm not sure why you got that SitRep though... Will have to check. You wouldn't happen to have another savegame a turn or two before this one, would you?

edit:
I checked the savegame again, and the code, and the SitRep states that *an agreement* has expired; it doesn't state that it is the Open Borders Pact. It was some other agreement, most likely a credits or resources gift with a recurring amount. If it was the OBP, or any other pact, it would have said so in the SitRep. The generic agreement SitRep is used when none of the 4 pact types is involved.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

I have attached one from turn 110, apparently I am giving a recurring gift to them, but I can remember doing this. And its from 106, not 96, like the sit rep states, rather the open borders is from 96. This sitrep is confusing the hell out of me.
Attachments
SP Federation Medium Irregular 110.sav
(770.54 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The SitRep doesn't mention the turn. What exactly do you find confusing about it? And how can it be improved?

To recap, you had 2 agreements: the OBP, from t96 to t196; and the credits gift, from t106 to t131. The SitRep you got was about the latter.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

I think 'recurring gift' (in BotF credits per turn) is here the culprit.
the6the can't remember initiating this (in BotF only possible coupled to empire treaties, not for gifts, not to minors).
So the confusion should be not about the sitrep, but the labels/options in the diplomacy screen?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Yep, must have been recurring gifts. Dunno what I was confused about.. I guess it was just really late, opened too many saved games.. cans of beer..:D

On another topic, Can I suggest that the sitrep for colonizing new systems be changed to orange rather than green? The green encompasses just about everything that is being done in systems, and when I have a lot of systems, I prefer to deactivate the green filter, leaving the orange red and blue active. The colonization of a new system is way more important than a finished farm IMO..

Another thing.. it's a little difficult to do is find all the systems that have an eligible trade route, especially when you acquire a large number of systems, and they get broken. Is there some way of finding them that I haven't noticed? I mean I know that the system has to have min 250pop to have one, so I search for that number on the economic view. A list of all the systems that have trade routes (active or not, and their destinations) in the intel screen would be really helpful.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:49 pm Yep, must have been recurring gifts. Dunno what I was confused about.. I guess it was just really late, opened too many saved games.. cans of beer..:D
:lol:

On another topic, Can I suggest that the sitrep for colonizing new systems be changed to orange rather than green? The green encompasses just about everything that is being done in systems, and when I have a lot of systems, I prefer to deactivate the green filter, leaving the orange red and blue active. The colonization of a new system is way more important than a finished farm IMO..
Done!
You're absolutely right, orange is for those events that might require your attention, and this one qualifies. :up:

Another thing.. it's a little difficult to do is find all the systems that have an eligible trade route, especially when you acquire a large number of systems, and they get broken. Is there some way of finding them that I haven't noticed? I mean I know that the system has to have min 250pop to have one, so I search for that number on the economic view. A list of all the systems that have trade routes (active or not, and their destinations) in the intel screen would be really helpful.
You mean like the Trade Routes tab in the Assets screen (F6)? :wink:
Oh, and the Economic view also shows active/available TRs, color coded.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

You're absolutely right, orange is for those events that might require your attention, and this one qualifies. :up:
So I would propose two other changes in colours:
- to add orange for constructed building without enough energy in the sitrep
- to show also as orange the 'Intelligence generated per turn' being below terrorism limit in Assets Screen\Colonies
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:16 pm - to add orange for constructed building without enough energy in the sitrep
I'll see what can be done, but it's not an easy change.

- to show also as orange the 'Intelligence generated per turn' being below terrorism limit in Assets Screen\Colonies
Good idea. I'll look into it. :up:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Oh man! Never saw the assets screen! This game just keeps getting better! I must explore all the F's now.. Ah this was the previous intel page, but improved. Awesome!
Yeah I saw the 0/1's on the economic view, but my empire is just too darn big:D

Geordie good ideas!
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Hi Iceman,

Can you tell us a bit about your AI codes for offensive ship tasks?

Parameter for:

- min fleet strength vs enemy forces global or in target area for war/invade
- search & destroy enemy main fleet feature? (BotF attack task is limited to stations/monsters :???: so only defensive patrol and invade systems :dwn: )
- selection of invade target systems
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Some old topics:
Iceman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:21 pm There are a couple of unnamed Romulan officers from ENT but the shots I found are not very good.
I have ENT on DVD, if you know a number of episodes I would try to find someting.
Iceman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:38 pm
Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm A request: Can you please make it so the smallest system is 100? A 20 pop system is not worth having.
We do have an open issue for precisely this, BTW - making it configurable in the Tables folder. So I'm not shooting down your request.

IIRC systems in BotF can have 80~400 pops.

What does everyone else think?
In fact I really like current diversity. I like some surprises in system discovery. The only problem could be if you are really stuck and not able to colonize anything to expand. But I do not mind to colonize really small system to open further opportunities.
On the other hand recently I had a system with a population of 780, moons included :)

BTW - I have noticed, that after defeating the Borg no empire is willing to declare a war against me, even with the regard at zero and constant provocations.

Return to “Supremacy”