Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by rkdtwo »

The glitch only seems to happen with Major races, have not had any issues with the minor races trade routes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:36 pm Hi Iceman,
After the error reported by rkdtwo I tried a non-aggression pact and war pact and had no crash or other problems.
Hi geordie!
You mean after applying the patch, correct?

The expansion of major races isn't so fast as after a start with the Supreme Tech, but definitely there is a progress comparing to Dec version.
That's why I suppose a limit of 8 colony ships would be good in smaller galaxies or the first phase of the game. In an advanced game it is not sufficient if you have far longer borders. Maybe could it relate to a number of planets systems?
Ok. Do you have a suggestion for such numbers?
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:20 pm The glitch only seems to happen with Major races, have not had any issues with the minor races trade routes.
Oh, there are some limits to establishing trade routes, not sure if it can be related to that?
For example, you cannot assign multiple TRs (from the same civ) to the same colony - if that colony is already getting your trade goods, it won't accept any more from (your) other colonies. This means you cannot establish multiple TRs with a minor, for example. It was too easy abusing trade income.

So, my question is, can you set any TRs with that major?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No, before the patch. I wanted to check the error in other pacts. I have downloaded the patch a while ago.
Do you have a suggestion for such numbers?
In my last game I have about 145 systems and 13 active colony ships, but I am blocked in some directions by other empires. So 1 colony ships per 10 systems would be minimum, probably not sufficient, unless you want make the game tough :) (difficulty as Impossible?). So I would recommend 1 ship for 7-8 systems and start that after turn 100. I assume that there are not enough shipyards in the beginning to construct too many ships.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Tried the new patch and it seemed to fix the issue with not being able to trade with a Major power going beyond open borders, but like they was mentioning in the new game i tried the Cardassians, Romulans and Klingons have taken over most of the Galaxy by turn 248 and i am stuck in a small part of the galaxy and cannot colonize anything else of significance. and i have been starting early tech.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, you're colonizing very slowly, by turn 156 you only had 8 colonies, and 3 of those were minor race systems! All the AI empires have colonized almost everything within their territory.
You have too few ships too.
I have to go to bed now, it's late, but I'll reply to the rest tomorrow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm
No, before the patch. I wanted to check the error in other pacts. I have downloaded the patch a while ago.
The crash was a rare one, it only happened in a particular circumstance. An attempt at optimizing the game that didn't go that well. I'll roll back on some other changes just to be on the safe side.

Do you have a suggestion for such numbers?
In my last game I have about 145 systems and 13 active colony ships, but I am blocked in some directions by other empires. So 1 colony ships per 10 systems would be minimum, probably not sufficient, unless you want make the game tough :) (difficulty as Impossible?). So I would recommend 1 ship for 7-8 systems and start that after turn 100. I assume that there are not enough shipyards in the beginning to construct too many ships.
Well, might as well remove the cap then, as the AI will only build as many colony ships as it needs.
Anyway, this will become moot at some point, when we integrate CaptScarff's shipbuilding AI.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:37 pm Tried the new patch and it seemed to fix the issue with not being able to trade with a Major power going beyond open borders, but like they was mentioning in the new game i tried the Cardassians, Romulans and Klingons have taken over most of the Galaxy by turn 248 and i am stuck in a small part of the galaxy and cannot colonize anything else of significance. and i have been starting early tech.
Elliptical galaxies are more "compact" than Irregular ones, so things are more "crowded" - and in a Medium galaxy it really shows. It's a good challenge though, and you get in contact with the other empires really fast.
But you need to expand faster, or you'll run out of space fast :wink: The AI explodes much faster now.
You have the resources and the shipyards to build more ships, so get them cranking :mrgreen:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You have the resources and the shipyards to build more ships, so get them cranking
Notice that the more colonies you have, the more population (and potentially resources too). And the more population, the more taxes you collect *and* the more fleet support you get - that is, you can have more ships without paying their maintenance!
Claim systems before other empires do, by colonizing them, or building Outposts or even parking some warships there. You can extend your range by building (and activating) shipyards in your colonies, or Outposts (in your colonies or on the edges of your territory).
I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, not trying to teach you how to play! All feedback is valuable, and I really appreciate it you posting about your game! :up: Please keep posting.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Anyone ever get this error where it keeps circling and wont progress forward?
Attachments
Freezing.sav
(821.75 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the save, I could reproduce it and I'm looking into it :up:

edit: seems to be an AI ship being destroyed while getting repaired.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found and fixed the bug. Uploaded a new patch for you to continue the game, with a few more fixes. Thanks for the save!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm In my last game I have about 145 systems and 13 active colony ships, but I am blocked in some directions by other empires. So 1 colony ships per 10 systems would be minimum, probably not sufficient, unless you want make the game tough :) (difficulty as Impossible?). So I would recommend 1 ship for 7-8 systems and start that after turn 100. I assume that there are not enough shipyards in the beginning to construct too many ships.
In this patch I changed the cap to 10, and made AIMode modify it: Hard is 20, Impossible is 30. Should be enough I think :wink:

The AI should be a bit better now, fixed a limitation on building colony ships, and made it build Morale/EW buildings.
Automatic hull repairs will now only happen in shipyards or starbases (except for the Borg), yours or affiliated+ civs. The AI will also try to move its damaged fleets to one of these for repairs, if possible.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I met a strange problem - it the attached save, even when I press TURN immediately after start I am in the same 336 turn, no progress. After next TURN the gamet skips to 338. Could you repeat that?. The save was made exact;y in the turn 336 beginning. The same was with autosav, but now it is overwritten. Was the autosav damaged?
SP Federation Huge Irregular 336.zip
(633.74 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
I also noticed that Borg AI doesn't construct Maturation Chambers in the systems taken over and having a room for more drones.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It worked for me, the turn was processed normally.

I also noticed that Borg AI doesn't construct Maturation Chambers in the systems taken over and having a room for more drones.
I'll look into it, thanks.

There was a bug with synch'ing pop and garrison, which I had detected in your previous savegame, but I've fixed it in the 3feb patch.

Return to “Supremacy”