Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Lex wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 pm side note, most of my systems were also on trade goods, so in theory they should have been producing a small amount of extra money as well.
Yes, they should/are. Except those where an Unrest order is in effect (which IIRC is not the case in any of them).

Had an odd bug where an invisible ship appeared at my system that just said 'avoid', it seemed to show up as a cloaked dominion probe ship in combats, but I was Klingon, so I don't know how it got there or what it was.
A cloaked Dominion probe ship?! The Dominion doesn't have any cloak-capable ships...
When you say it just said Avoid, you mean that it was under your control? And the only order you could give it was Avoid?
Are you sure it was a probe ship? Wouldn't it be an Echo Papa 607 (gotten as a colonization event)?
I suppose you don't have a savegame for that?

Had a bug where trying to build ships from my second shipyard at Mriva (playing as Klingons) would cause the game to crash to desktop, bug seemed to persist with reloading game and progressing turns and trying again.
Can you attach that savegame here please?
Also I'll mention that the AI were set to normal in my Klingon game, but they were able to get to tech 5-6 while I was still at 3-4 with only a few systems, meanwhile I had almost twice the amount of systems with each of them having numerous laboratories (roughly 8000 science by the time I wiped the Romulans out) but they were still chugging along quicker than me - I also noticed that after taking their systems (without bombardment, so no buildings were destroyed) they had far less laboratories than I did.
I know AI is one of the hardest things to code and often people just make the AI cheat to compensate, and it certainly feels like that's happening here
Since you have a negative treasury, no research is made in your colonies. And no intel, no shipbuilding, no construction.
The AI has far less labs (and other PF types) than you because it only builds enough of those to have all pop allocated. Building extra PFs of any type will only cost you "maintenance" for those, as explained earlier. And in the case of Industry and Energy, it will increase pollution in the colony.
No cheating here :wink: You just need to keep an eye on your finances.

A couple of observations:
- curious to see someone playing a Tiny galaxy :wink: Clusters was a good test, as you'll need more stations
- there's a green star with a Demon planet in your territory, you can build a Science Station there if you have the Supremacy victory condition enabled, and gather red matter
- playing a couple of turns of your game, the Romulan Star Empire was revived when Romulus rebelled against your rule :grin:
Attachments
TheRSEisBack.png
TheRSEisBack.png (156.93 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 am So, the question was, should the research rate modifier for Large and Huge galaxies be removed?
If they are removed, minors will advance at the rate you experienced in this Medium map. But empires will also advance "faster" - in this game you were at TL9.5 by turn 266.
I would leave it as it is - as I wrote once before, I dislike having still a half of a galaxy to investigate while nothing to research left.
In fact we should use only game parameters for such modifications. We also talked about the AI development in territorial acquisition competition and its influence on number of own systems and through that on the research speed - so it might be too early for final modifications - the AI competition is quite new experience. :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:43 pm The problem with repairs were more than once and in shipyards having all slots free (one or more, I preferred advanced shipyards to shorten the repair time). Lets say in 5-6 attempts I got 2 ships repaired.
Fixed, and a few more things.
Uploaded a new EXPERIMENTAL_AI patch.

edit:
I had to take the patch down, the game was crashing. Will fix.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch of the _newAI branch, for those that do not want to test the latest (experimental) AI work.
Has the same fixes and a couple more improvements.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Been testing out the multiplayer with a friend and the one bug is when we send each other a peace treaty it doesn't show in Embassy view a option to accept or reject.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Oh we are using the new update
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

We figured it out we still had to get our relations up for our people to automatically accept it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry not to reply sooner, I'm away from home for a few days.

Yes, that's one of teh things that isn't working in diplomacy yet, Accept/Counter/Reject proposals. For now, diplomacy between human players is (also) handled by the AI, so "you" will only accept a proposal if the AI would - that is, you are limited by the normal diplo thresholds for each treaty. Honestly, it's kind of more... "fair" that way. But we'll get it working at some point.

I'm glad you guys didn't get any glaring bugs in MP. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be tested.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:13 pm Sorry not to reply sooner, I'm away from home for a few days.

Yes, that's one of teh things that isn't working in diplomacy yet, Accept/Counter/Reject proposals. For now, diplomacy between human players is (also) handled by the AI, so "you" will only accept a proposal if the AI would - that is, you are limited by the normal diplo thresholds for each treaty. Honestly, it's kind of more... "fair" that way. But we'll get it working at some point.

I'm glad you guys didn't get any glaring bugs in MP. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be tested.
Yeah so far nothing showing but we do have the random events turned on, at turn 240 gonna see how it does over distance did like the direct connect though makes it easier to link up.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:

If you guys could keep an eye especially on subjugation or elimination of colonies of other empires or minors, that'd be cool. And if SitReps are generated properly and make sense.
And any wonky stuff with simultaneous colonization or station building, or with battles.
Anything that might need to be tweaked or fixed, please report.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed rare conflicting fleet orders.
Comet Strike casualties count includes moons.
Improvements in AI colony management.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:55 pm Fixed, and a few more things.
Uploaded a new EXPERIMENTAL_AI patch.

edit:
I had to take the patch down, the game was crashing. Will fix.
Hi, are you going to upload new Experimental AI patch soon? As I started testing it I would really prefer go further that path...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey geordie. Yes, I'm still ironing out a few inefficiencies, and tweaking some stuff.
I have completed some of the tables, but they need to be reviewed and adapted to each empire's shiplist.

If there's any feedback that you can already provide, please do, so that I can integrate it into the changes.

I'm also trying to track down that combat hang you reported. I know which battle it is, and I think it is related to a fleet that might have vanished for some reason... will need to keep digging.
29BQ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 29BQ »

I really enjoy playing your game, Iceman!

I got this error. I hope you will find the attachments helpful. Yes, I installed your game with your latest patch.

Let me know if there is a solution for this error. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
Error.txt
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Snag_1b2064c5.png
Snag_1b2064c5.png (193.94 KiB) Viewed 2785 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi 29BQ!
Heh, it's not my game, I'm just one of the people keeping Mike Strobel's project alive :wink:
But thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

About the error, can you continue your game? Or does it crash every time you load it?
Can you attach the savegame here please? I'm curious about this one, had never seen it.
Thanks.

Are you assaultng any colonies, or are any of your colonies being assaulted by the AI?

Return to “Supremacy”