Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Paddy
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Paddy »

hi guys. was in bitbucket. patch_20220830.zip is saving as unconfirmed 801478.crdownload. so download doesnt seem to be working
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

Nope - Download is working fine
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Paddy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:15 pm hi guys. was in bitbucket. patch_20220830.zip is saving as unconfirmed 801478.crdownload. so download doesnt seem to be working
Hi Paddy.
Seems like you have an incomplete zip file, maybe something in your browser is preventing the download to complete? Check for any confirmation notice.
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

a few things I have noticed.

A large minor can prevent one or more majors from getting started. I propose minors stay small for x amount of time.

AI does not understand that orbital batteries require power. Can you add some kind of power check if the AI is thinking about making an orbital?

The AI can build more than one building per turn. It can do this even if the system does not have any buildings.

Not sure on this one but I think the AI can build a power source AND a shipyard AND a colony ship in the same turn.

A request: Can you please make it so the smallest system is 100? A 20 pop system is not worth having.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Kellir!
Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm A large minor can prevent one or more majors from getting started. I propose minors stay small for x amount of time.
The starting population of minor civs is similar to that of empires, it's a % of max pop depending on your starting civilization level. You're probably starting at Advanced or Supreme, where systems start at full pop?
The territory of civs (whether minor or empire) is determined by current pop in the system, so at those levels Expanding minors should have their territory fully expanded.
Notice that the starting populations of minors are also "high" on those levels to prevent empires from conquering them "easily" in the early game.
In larger galaxies, these minors should not prevent empires from expanding; they might be a nuissance, yes - or an opportunity, if you have the cash to "buy" them.

AI does not understand that orbital batteries require power. Can you add some kind of power check if the AI is thinking about making an orbital?
It does, but there is an issue with the AI building power facilities for OBs, which I haven't really looked into in a long time. Maybe I'll take another look, since I'm tweaking the colony management AI anyways. :wink:
I'm assuming you are using AutoBuild :?:

The AI can build more than one building per turn.
Anyone can build more than one building per turn in Supremacy :wink:

It can do this even if the system does not have any buildings.
You mean if it doesn't have any Industry PFs? Notice that the AI (just as the player) can rush build (buy) builds, as long as it has the cash for it. The AI doesn't cheat in Supremacy (though there might be bugs).

Not sure on this one but I think the AI can build a power source AND a shipyard AND a colony ship in the same turn.
It can build a power source and rush build a shipyard in the same turn, yes. Just like the player can.
The colony ship, nope, as shipbuilding happens before construction.

A request: Can you please make it so the smallest system is 100? A 20 pop system is not worth having.
You don't have to colonize every system in the galaxy :wink:
It creates potential threats as if you don't colonize it, an AI might. But you can slap an outpost in the system and you're safe.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm A request: Can you please make it so the smallest system is 100? A 20 pop system is not worth having.
We do have an open issue for precisely this, BTW - making it configurable in the Tables folder. So I'm not shooting down your request.

IIRC systems in BotF can have 80~400 pops.

What does everyone else think?
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

Iceman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:23 pm Hi Kellir!
Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm A large minor can prevent one or more majors from getting started. I propose minors stay small for x amount of time.
The starting population of minor civs is similar to that of empires, it's a % of max pop depending on your starting civilization level. You're probably starting at Advanced or Supreme, where systems start at full pop?
The territory of civs (whether minor or empire) is determined by current pop in the system, so at those levels Expanding minors should have their territory fully expanded.
Notice that the starting populations of minors are also "high" on those levels to prevent empires from conquering them "easily" in the early game.
In larger galaxies, these minors should not prevent empires from expanding; they might be a nuissance, yes - or an opportunity, if you have the cash to "buy" them.
The Majors are locked in and can not grow. I have seen them with only home system in turn 400.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I noticed a (marginal) inconsistency.
If I continue playing the game by some turns my colony ship can start terraforming a planet even if a colony ship of other empire appeared in that system in the same turn. If I make a save and start from that save again always that other colony ship is terraforming the planet.
I do not request any privilege for the player, I suppose a kind of random formula would decide about that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is that save from the turn that both fleets arrive at the system?

This issue has to do with the way the AI's turn is processed. I'll enforce the same rules that are used for simultaneous colonization orders.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

There are two colony ships in Delta Herculis system.
I am pretty sure that I was able to terraform it as the first one, just before the save, simply that day it was too late to continue the game, ehhh... as usual :wink:
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 324.zip
(1011.28 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Your fleet has just arrived at the system, but apparently the Cardassian colony ship was already there, and had already started terraforming a planet. In the save it is not clear, but if you end turn, you'll see that the Cards have a claim on the system (due to the terraforming order).

Like I said, the way the AI turn is processed lends itself to some seemingly strange behaviors (like Kellir also reported).
In the end, it ends up being legit, but looks off.
At some point we'll need to address that - it just became much more visible/noticeable now, with AutoBuild.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:47 pm The Majors are locked in and can not grow. I have seen them with only home system in turn 400.
Do you have a savegame where this can be verified :?: If so, please post it here, or PM it to me.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:22 am I noticed a (marginal) inconsistency.
If I continue playing the game by some turns my colony ship can start terraforming a planet even if a colony ship of other empire appeared in that system in the same turn. If I make a save and start from that save again always that other colony ship is terraforming the planet.
I do not request any privilege for the player, I suppose a kind of random formula would decide about that.
Iceman wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:43 pm In the end, it ends up being legit, but looks off.
Actually, no, you're right geordie, it can happen that the AI gets an (unintentional) advantage.
I'll try to make the issue less pronounced, but we need to address the way the AI turns are handled.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Kellir wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm AI does not understand that orbital batteries require power. Can you add some kind of power check if the AI is thinking about making an orbital?
Should be fixed, please check and report.

geordie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:09 am And please make a change in the AI not to colonize systems inside the Borg cube range.
Done, they shouldn't colonize within a 8 sector radius of Borg colonies or TW hubs.

geordie wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 am decloak automatically after choosing the assault, but the fleet remains uncloaked (for a manual cloak again)
Done, for the Attack Shipyard and the Assault System orders. The fleet will decloak before space combat, so the defender can ambush the attacker. The attacker will have full shields.
Also fixed an issue with the Repair order, related to cloaking.

Iceman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:27 am
geordie wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:51 am There was supposed to be a typical fight, I chose to attack a weaker fleet, so probably my cloaked fleet fired first and the Dominium tried to escape.
My guess is this is the same that happened to you a few months back. Since you're playing with AIMode set to Impossible, AI ships are high rank (Legendary); yours are most likely Green and Regular.
Capped AI ships' XP level when spawned (if AIMode > Normal) to Elite, instead of Legendary.

Also,
In Normal AIMode, the AI will not deactivate unused shipyard slots.
Fixed "construction" of an unrest order not advancing when civ is bankrupt.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:05 am
geordie wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 am decloak automatically after choosing the assault, but the fleet remains uncloaked (for a manual cloak again)
Done, for the Attack Shipyard and the Assault System orders. The fleet will decloak before space combat, so the defender can ambush the attacker. The attacker will have full shields.
BTW, you can cloak the fleet again after the first assault/turn, but it'll do you no good for any subsequent assaults/turns because the fleet will decloak again before space combat.

Return to “Supremacy”