Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

I still receive this when I try to work in the vadwar system menu, leave it alone and no problems

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: buildType

at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject..ctor(Civilization owner, IProductionCenter productionCenter, TechObjectDesign buildType) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 75
at Supremacy.Economy.OrbitalBatteryBuildProject..ctor(Colony colony, OrbitalBatteryDesign target) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\ProductionFacilityBuildProject.cs:line 87
at Supremacy.Tech.TechTreeHelper.GetBuildProjects(Colony colony) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Tech\TechTreeHelper.cs:line 323
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.UpdateBuildLists() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 610
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 515
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Colony oldValue, Colony newValue) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 57
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.set_SelectedColony(Colony value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 69
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnViewActivating() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 181
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenPresenterBase`2.OnViewIsActiveChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenPresenterBase.cs:line 176
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.OnIsActiveChanged() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 159
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.set_IsActive(Boolean value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 178
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStack.set_CurrentScreen(Control value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 344
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStackSelectionSyncBehavior.OnActiveViewsCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 178
at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(IList items)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(Object item)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.itemMetadata_MetadataChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you check if there are still any orbital batteries in the system? There shouldn't be, but I bet there are. You don't need to open the Colony screen, just check in the Galaxy screen, the system panel should read Orbitals: x/y.
I'll have another go at fixing it.

What about the IndexedCollection crash, did you get any of those?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Tried to fix Sodbuster's crash, again. Please LMK if it works, and keep that savegame for testing fixes.
The AI should now terraform systems of minor races, and be more judicious in how it selects its own colonies to finish terraforming. This code hasn't been tested though, and it might not be working all that well - it's getting late...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm I still receive this when I try to work in the vadwar system menu, leave it alone and no problems
I should have asked this yesterday, this game, was it *started* with 20200214, or one of its patches?
Or did you load a previous savegame?
I'm asking because IIRC I tested 20200214 with the Vaadwaur, and there was no crash.

The AI should now terraform systems of minor races, and be more judicious in how it selects its own colonies to finish terraforming. This code hasn't been tested though, and it might not be working all that well - it's getting late...
Well, it is working, though it needs some minor adjustments (for extreme conditions, under "normal" play it shouldn't be much of an issue).
In smaller maps, the AIs will be competing with the player to see who will terraform minor race homesystems first...
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

I haven't started over since the main update, and I'm patched up to the 21st...here's another save game for you to mess with, honestly I'll try and finish this one even if I can't do anything with that system, its to good of a game to give up yet.
Attachments
SP Borg Huge Irregular 232.zip
(792.15 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

My bad, this is the same savegame as before, so the issue is still there. This was only fixed in the 21feb patch, so only games started with that patch will not produce the crash.
Any systems that you assimilate now should be ok, only those 2 (Vaadwa and Talaxia) will have this problem. Yep, you'll have to forget about those 2 systems.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Think I'll do without them till I conquer the galaxy at least once, thanks for sitting me straight and sorry for the misunderstanding
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yea, you don't actually need those 2 systems. :wink:
No prob, I should probably make a new release *if* the IndexedCollections crash has been fixed - and that's why I was asking for feedback. I have now re-enabled the code for the AI to build and upgrade OBs, and scanners, and some other stuff, which should make it more competitive. I'll probably upload a new patch today.

I have also tweaked star system generation so that hotter stars should generate considerable different system compositions than colder stars, regardless of PlanetDensity settings.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The IndexedCollection crash is still around...
The good news is that the AI is much better at terraforming systems and managing its colonies, and its scouts are much smarter (and saving some fuel).
Fixed a bug related to fuel, and added a SitRep when there's a shortage - including for transwarp movement for the Borg.
Decreased the effects of training and assignments in the stats of envoys, they were a bit too high/fast.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Tweaked starting conditions a bit, and star system generation parameters. Still a WiP, but feedback would be nice.
Also did some more work on the Victory Conditions front. They are now not changeable mid-game, and they're disabled once you achieve them, so loading a savegame shouldn't trigger them again.
Still need to read them from the SP start screen, which was producing an error; they'll always start enabled, all of them. You can still edit the thresholds to absurd values to "disable" them though.
Also need to get the dialogs to terminate the game.
Working on SitRep + fallout from breaking agreements too.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I have completed the Feb21 game as Borg, but with unexpected problems.
I had smooth, no single crash, game through 298 turns!!! After that something happened and I had crashes every 2-3 turns, identical to the following one:
Error 20200224.txt
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Only once I had a different one:
Error 20200225.txt
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
I can confirm that AI had been significantly improved and almost every major race built up empires of 30-40 systems. In the end the whole futile resistence the Borg became a galactic empire with really astonishing number of systems.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Congrats on bringing perfection to the whole galaxy :up:

Thanks for the logs.

The first crash, did you notice if it happened when viewing any particular star system (in the system panel, bottom of the screen), or one with a particular planet (size/type)?

The second one is an old one, I haven't seen it in a while.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I would say that all the crashes were about autosave file creation, definitely after a fight or system attack. Sometimes (rather rarely) I could even use the save.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The 2nd one is from combat, yes. The 1st one is an UI issue, when trying to create a mesh for a planet. Hence the question(s).
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

OK...just got a crash since a long time.

This was on Feb2nd Patch version.

It just crashed when hitting next turn button.
Attachments
Log.txt
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Error.txt
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
.autosav.zip
(589.4 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Return to “Supremacy”