Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

bbpbfb wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 pm You are right about the 2 second delay when they cloak and decloak. That was exploited though when they knew the ship was there either from intelligence or having already been in battle and the ship cloaked to repair/retreat.
This is a turn based game which the cl.oak only applies the the start of battle as a surprise attack. No one when not expecting an attack would be able to target and fire in the 2 seconds of vulnerability.
The 2 seconds mentioned in the article are when cloaking, not when decloaking. Shields do not regen instantly, and since a cloaked ship has its shields down, it needs time to bring them back up.

The only advice about what you want that I can think of I already mentioned, which is increasing hull values for cloaking ships, so that they can take more punishment when they decloak. Maybe increase shield regen too, so that they can get to full shields faster (but that'll be true for the entire battle).

BTW, the changes to the ship obsolete/upgrade paths - I'm not sure what the impact on the AI might be, when they have multiple options of the same type available. I think they'll choose the last design of the type in the list, but I'm not sure.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 am I just remembered in BotF there is also extra morale penalties each turn in conquered systems (-1 / home -2).
Implemented this in a new patch, but here's a question:

Does this (and should it) apply to homesystems of minor races too? Seems rather penalizing (and I don't recall it being -2).

GroundDefense now also applies to ground combat (not just bombardment), protecting the defending garrison.
Assimilating a colony with an Echo Papa 607 drone destroys it.
Fixed issues with upgrades under construction, cloaked fleet detection, AI surveyors.
AIMode affects penalty to relations when colonizing or building stations in sectors on the borders of other civs.
Improved AI colony management and fleet repair.
More tweaks to AI DOWs.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@bbpbfb
Not sure if you read this thread about cloaking?
Would you want to discuss this issue there? If there are other people who feel the same, we might revisit this.
bbpbfb
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bbpbfb »

There hadn't been any movement in that thread for a while and another cloaking thread I found had 0 posts. That's why I posted here. But making a post there.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
Will be in the next patch.

I just uploaded a new EXP_AI patch.
I put in another condition to try to avoid/delay the AI getting bankrupt with all the shipbuilding frenzy.
There was something odd about the last version that I couldn't figure/fix - at some point, turn ~100, the Dominion AI had built 40 :shock:
Attack Ships and 2 Cruisers, while the rest of the empires had like 4.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, I added the yesterday EXP_AI patch and wanted to test morale reaction after a complete conquering an empire.
Unfortunately I get this error in the end of any turn. :(
Error 20210420.txt
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
It also looks that the cloak fleets are again not recognizable, even if I have fought against them before.
Screenshot (21).jpg
Screenshot (21).jpg (515.36 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
Please also have a look at population and garrison of Asterope system. Definitely a comet or plaque (or both :)) were involved, but should the garrison decrease accordingly?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 am Hi, I added the yesterday EXP_AI patch and wanted to test morale reaction after a complete conquering an empire.
Unfortunately I get this error in the end of any turn. :(
Error 20210420.txt
Yea, I suspected that it might crash, but hoped the code would support it. Apparently not. I'll fix asap. I've just fixed a couple more things, namely only -1 morale for subjugated minor homesystems.

It also looks that the cloak fleets are again not recognizable, even if I have fought against them before.
There is no "memory" of fleets already engaged (even because they might have changed their composition).
Is there any cloaked fleet in Asterope that you cannot see? Is that your point? You have scan strength 4 in that sector, so you will only identify fleets there with cloak strength 4 or less; fleets with cloak 5 will show as unidentified, and 6+ will be completely invisible.
If that's not what you are experiencing, LMK please. Notice that Romulan fleets usually have cloaks of 5/6+ at that level.
Or is it the unidentified fleet next to Phact? Is that a cloaked Romulan fleet? Can't tell from the image. If it is, it probably has a cloak strength equal to your scan strength in that sector +1.
Screenshot (21).jpg
Please also have a look at population and garrison of Asterope system. Definitely a comet or plaque (or both :)) were involved, but should the garrison decrease accordingly?
Yes, it should, I'll check it out.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I meant that fleet near Phact. It is one cruiser only and she escaped a turn ago from Phact in the result of a clash. Before the last patch such feet was recognizable on the map.

BTW - it seems that after patch a new game starts OK.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you check if it's a Cruiser 1 (cloak 4) or a Cruiser 2 (cloak 5), and check it against your scan strength of that sector?
If your scan strength is 4, then it's a Cruiser 1 and you can only detect its presence, an it is correct .
Before the last patch such feet was recognizable on the map.
That was the bug that was fixed :wink: In the left-side Task Forces expander it was shown with an Unknown icon though, correct?

What do you mean?

It must have been a Plague, because every other event decreases Garrison too. In Plague I figured the military had NBC equipement and would not die, but I guess I can change that ?

That was a particularly nasty plague though... it should never kill more than half the pop, so I wonder what happened there...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 am
What do you mean?
I mean that after applying the last EXP_AI patch I got that error in the end of each turn, independently which save I used, but I can start and play a new game without any error in the turn-end - at least for three first turns :) (so far).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, yes, the error is due to the subjugation or elimination of the homecolony. It's fixed now, but I need to search for more cases. That was due to a "streamlining" of the code... :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

And here is the same screenshot, but without the last patch:
Screenshot (22).jpg
Screenshot (22).jpg (759.26 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
The Romulan ship icon is visible.
It was cruiser 1 and the scan strength was 4.
I wrote about that, because maybe the correction was not included to the last patch - I installed the game again.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

If you click on the sector with the cloaked fleet and look at the Task Forces panel, you'll see that the fleet will not have the Romulan icon, but the Unknown icon. which didn't match the galaxy map display. It was a bug, this latest patch fixed it - now both displays should be consistent.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Forgot to mention in the patch changelog, but minors that become part of your empire, and colonies from other empires, will not have terrorism events for the first 30 turns.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:59 am If you click on the sector with the cloaked fleet and look at the Task Forces panel, you'll see that the fleet will not have the Romulan icon, but the Unknown icon. which didn't match the galaxy map display. It was a bug, this latest patch fixed it - now both displays should be consistent.
OK. I can live with that :), despite that after the clash I know the opponent and the ships.

So another screenshot just after conquering a system:
Screenshot (23).jpg
Screenshot (23).jpg (612.01 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
The numbers I marked persist next turn.

Return to “Supremacy”