Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Cool, thanks.
Has anyone had any crashes lately? Namely those 2 that were mentioned a few times?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:03 am I would suggest that in the Borg game all opponents should start at least with Advanced tech level
I think that should be up to the player(s) to decide? They should take into consideration the size of the map to make that call.
If one wants to start at Early and not get bothered by the Borg, setting Special Events to No will accomplish that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed a few more things in the Assets screen for the Borg:
- colonies tab doesn't read Trade Goods when idle
- systems tab doesn't show assimilated systems, and population stats are now correct
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

About the Borg game.
I was not precise, I meant to play as Borg - then the AI opponents should start with at least the Advanced tech level. Otherwise it's for sure futile.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:39 pm About the Borg game.
I was not precise, I meant to play as Borg - then the AI opponents should start with at least the Advanced tech level. Otherwise it's for sure futile.
Same thing. If you want to play as the Borg, just select Advanced civ level? Or a Huge galaxy and Sophisticated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 pm I still need to change the NetCombatStrength display in the system assault screen, to something that better reflects the chances of a successful invasion - since the defenders have 1st strike capability, those numbers are deceiving.
Should be more informative now, with a combat strength ratio. Might still need to be fine-tuned a bit.

I've hardcoded the liberation of minor race systems for now by the Feds.

Fixed a bug in invasions.
Attachments
CombatStrengthRatio.png
CombatStrengthRatio.png (131.66 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a patch with a bunch of fixes and tweaks mostly for the Borg.
- they no longer overbuild ships (which would shut down their production)
- they no longer get credits from scrapping stuff
- they no longer pay maintenance for unmanned PFs (which would shut down their production)
- tweaked their buildings and starting conditions a bit (WiP)
- added tooltips in the Empire Info expander with pop support and fleet maintenance info
- fixed a crash with the Domestic Terrorism event
- like with the Feds, any empire that has good relations with a subjugated minor will liberate it instead of subjugate

If you guys could check if Credits (taxes, maintenance, etc) are working correctly, I'd appreciate it - as I refactored part of that code.

Feedback is welcome, and merry xmas everyone!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@Iscaran
Uploaded a patch where I disabled the star animations in the Assets screen (Colonies and Star Systems tabs) to see if it helps with the issue described in another thread. Please LMK how it goes.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Installed it (by copying it into the previous installation folder, overwriting everything there is).

Are you sure the stars animations are turned off ? I still can see rotating planets etc. everywhere ?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 pm I disabled the star animations in the Assets screen (Colonies and Star Systems tabs)
:wink:
The operative words being star and Assets.
I just need to know if it helps some.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

OK - whatever you did in the last 2 patches. It is MUCH better now. Still there is some small lagging perceivable - but especially "scrolling" build lists (and map) now works quite fast.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The last *two* patches?
You mean 23dec and 02jan? I'm asking because I did nothing special that I recall in the 23dec patch; and the 02jan patch is exactly the same as the 23dec one except that I removed the star animations in the Assets screen (both in Colonies and in Star Systems), like explained above. If it's better in both patches, then it is not related to the star anims...
Maybe a Win10 update that fixed it? I think there was one recently?
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

I did not test every patch single.

I can rule out Win10 Update. As I tested JUST before rolling over the 2 patches over the game. And then immediately retested.

The only other thing I did prior to the patches was deactivating anything in the settings menu which might "cost" performance...I think this was 2 or 3 items.

But it IS much better now. There are still some scrolling issues in the build menus but the "GUI" lagging is definitely much better now...at least playable.

Reached Turn 207 by now, Techlevel 6, except for weapons and propulsion.

Funnily still no contact to ANY major...are the AIs playing ? Are they expanding their empires ?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iscaran wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 pm I did not test every patch single.
Uh, after 20191206 I only uploaded 2 patches. Those 2 I mentioned.

I can rule out Win10 Update. As I tested JUST before rolling over the 2 patches over the game. And then immediately retested.

The only other thing I did prior to the patches was deactivating anything in the settings menu which might "cost" performance...I think this was 2 or 3 items.
Not sure I got this right.
With 20191206 and settings activated, you had the issues.
With *both* patches (installed at the same time) and the settings deactivated, you don't.
?

If so, could you check with 20191206 and the same settings deactivated please?
Maybe check each setting separately to determine which one(s) is causing the issue?
That'd be a great help.

Funnily still no contact to ANY major...are the AIs playing ? Are they expanding their empires ?
Yep.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

With *both* patches (installed at the same time) and the settings deactivated, you don't.
?
I tested:

Fresh install of the 20191206 with dec23rd patch...and the middle 3 settings,
*animated stars
*high-quality images
*anti-aliasing

Each single setting enabled (one by one)...lagging is there. And gets worse after the initial turn.

Then I added the Jan2 patch.
ALL settings enabled simultaneously. GUI is still "responsive" AND remains so after ending turn.

So it must have been something in the jan02 changing things.

Return to “Supremacy”