Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

The fresh copy didn't help so my autosave must be corrupted. Unfortunately it was turn 14, I think, that's why i have no other saves.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Your autosave loads just fine on my machine.

Maybe you're having HD issues?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried it again. I used 05Sep + 4Dec and it works, at least I loaded autosave without any problem. After adding 5Dec the problem returns.
I am using Radeon 5700XT. I will install slightly newer drivers today.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I have no problems loading 4dec saves with 5dec patch. There's no incompatibility. Have you tried downloading 5dec again?

I'll be uploading a new patch soon, with the changes to the Dominion buildings. A new release should follow, if no major issues arise.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I had a Win update today, also updated drivers, downloaded 5dec again and still the same issue.
So I try 4dec now and only issue was long time not seen unrecognized ship:
Screenshot (11).jpg
Screenshot (11).jpg (654.94 KiB) Viewed 3344 times
The ship looks like Echo Papa, it can cloak but supposed to be a cololy one.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, just to check, you colonized Beta Agni, you got Echo Papa (the soundfx should be a bit too loud in that patch, was fixed later) as a bonus, and when you select it, you can't see neither its name in the Task Forces panel nor its icon in the lower panel. Correct?
That's odd, that never happened to me.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The system was colonized many turns ago, as one of the first in this game. The ship supposed to be a colony ship, it was just the end of its construction and it was not the first one built in that system. The new ship behaves somehow like Echo Papa, cannot travel and can cloak. I cannot repeat that and I am not sure if any other system has been just colonized that turn.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, looks like the bug where a ship is spawned in the wrong fleet. Yea, probably some other empire colonized a system and got that event.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, most likely the last before a new release.
I need feedback particularly on the following, so we can get a clean release build.

- the Dominion buildings have been tweaked according to this thread. Not yet finalized

- the combat window soundfx have been toned down - need to know if they're ok now

- a bunch of images for Buildings and PFs have been added or swapped, particularly for the Borg and Dominion - any suggestions for improvements are very welcome. Notice that for the Borg I had to use some images from ships internals to represent buildings, hope noone is shocked by it :wink:

- tweaked the handling of threats a bit, hopefully it's a bit better
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

This is caused by double-clicking on a SitRep of a member or subjugated minor race in you empire gaining a tech level.
Is it possible to avoid such issue in SitReps? I have checked that in two cases on two computers and they appeared exactly in the same places of both SitReps. Of course it was easy to avoid that afte rthe crash by not clicking such line, but I am sure that it is a certain reason of that error.

BTW - I have just downloaded 12Dec, lets see how it behaves...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Do you have a savegame where I can reproduce this?

BTW, the data changes (new/renamed buildings and stat tweaks) in 12dec only take effect when starting a new game with that patch. Everything else should work with games started with previous patches.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have 3 samples now and I can say it always was in a SitRep line concerning main (not minor race) research completion. I was wrong - the issue is related to a research of conquered systems (Romulans in my case, the war is pending) as there is no clear address where to jump.
SP Klingons Huge Elliptical 238.zip
(569.21 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In this save, it's a minor race's. Do you have one where it is the empire's?

I think I know what the cause for the crash is. It's in the colonies you conquered from the Romulans. Will check and try to fix.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

As I wrote in the edited post above - I was wrong and it concerned always the conquered race.
SP Klingons Huge Elliptical 229.zip
(566.54 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed it last night. Fixed a couple of other things too.

Return to “Supremacy”