Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

But there's something that's not right, true. The *first* upgrade in the queue disappears.
Will have to check tomorrow.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:55 pm Appreciate the quick reply. I was however pointing out that a system may have level 5 upgrades for farms, manufacturing and power. However if i put them all in the queue after the turn processes the upgrades waiting in the queue disappear.
Turns out it was not just the first item in the queue, it depends on the situation. Anyway, I think it is fixed now.

Re AI offering treaties:
There's still a few issues that I couldn't figure out yet - when a minor offers to become a member, or an OB treaty, global morale drops a bit, and Regard also drops a bit...
Fixed.

Tweaked the stats of Frigates, made them defense-oriented ships basically. A few more tweaks/fixes to the ship database.

Uploaded a new patch.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Thanks for the quick update I'll check it out.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Quick update, so far only tried this with the Federation. it seems when a mass produce troop transports at least in level 3 ship yards sometimes only one or two of the transports finish production and the last one or two stay on one turn to finish until I cancel the ship. However even after the ship is canceled I no longer have the option to produce troop transports in the ship yard until a couple turns have passed then I can once again see troop transports on the list of ships to produce.

I have all occasionally still come across the the unhandled exception error when playing the most current build. It is currently running on windows 10, I'm not sure if there are settings I can change on my side to reduce the likely hood of this happening.

Thanks again for all your hard work, I'll be looking forward to the day there is a final build to enjoy. :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:51 pm Quick update, so far only tried this with the Federation. it seems when a mass produce troop transports at least in level 3 ship yards sometimes only one or two of the transports finish production and the last one or two stay on one turn to finish until I cancel the ship. However even after the ship is canceled I no longer have the option to produce troop transports in the ship yard until a couple turns have passed then I can once again see troop transports on the list of ships to produce.
Troop transports "cost" Garrison, which is deducted when they're finished building, so it is possibe that construction gets suspended until Garrison in the system is again high enough to finish production (or to start a new one).

I have all occasionally still come across the the unhandled exception error when playing the most current build. It is currently running on windows 10, I'm not sure if there are settings I can change on my side to reduce the likely hood of this happening.
When that happens, could you please go to the Logs folder and attach the Error.txt file here? So I can check if it's a known bug or something new.

Thanks again for all your hard work, I'll be looking forward to the day there is a final build to enjoy. :grin:
We all are! :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch to fix an issue with Affiliation treaties.
Also added a SitRep when the colony does not have enough troops to load onto TTs under construction.
Increased hull for Patrol ships. (minor race warships still need a pass to make them more varied)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

After an asteroid impact one of planets became barren - how the Borg can terraform it again?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, good point.
How should we handle this?
1 - keep it as it is now, the Borg just don't find it efficient to recover the planet
2 - the planet changes type, but it does not get "unterraformed" for the Borg

Working on a few bug fixes for the next patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It's of course marginal situation, could happen 1-2 times in one game, but I believe option 2 is more consistent with the Borg characteristic. Anyway the Borg should lose some drones in such hit.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed.
Also fixed the deployed TTs in an invasion (and OBs) triggering a destroyed in combat SitRep.
And fixed the annoying issue with cloaked fleets not retreating properly.
Added a SitRep for TWH movement, and improved the deuterium cost and the code.
Fixed an issue with AI shipbuilding.
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

Borg fleet takes over a system
it then moves into the heart of the Romulan empire
Romulans kill the system
Borg fleet is now stuck in the middle of the Romulan empire
Borg does nothing for the rest of the game.

Borg should have scrapped the diamond, built an assembler and rescued the cubes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Kellir, thanks for your feedback!
Yes, that's an issue in the ToDo list, have the Borg keep a Sphere or three defending their systems, to prevent precisely this kind of situation.

I don't know about scrapping the Diamond, I think the Queen would not appreciate that very much :wink:

The Borg should now build Transwarp Hubs more spaced out (a couple of patches ago), and I might limit TWHs to 6 max at some point. The next patch (probably to be released today) will have the deuterium cost of TWH displacement reworked.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch available.
Fix in AI colony management.
A bunch of tweaks and fixes to some ships in the database.

Feedback appreciated.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

A remark about Transwarp Hubs. They are completely defenseless and that's OK. But now a single scout can destroy a TWH in one fight (12-15 fight turns) and that is too easy for me.

Consider also adding a SitRep when system population is full - it would allow to optimize the population allocation in slow growing system, like with 1% grow. As always for me it is a side problem in huge galaxies and I am too lazy to make notes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:29 am A remark about Transwarp Hubs. They are completely defenseless and that's OK. But now a single scout can destroy a TWH in one fight (12-15 fight turns) and that is too easy for me.
It's been like that for a while. The reason I made them have 0% shield recharge was the AI doesn't know yet how to determine when its attack has no effect; so the game was hanging when an AI scout was attacking a TWH (recharge was higher than damage dealt, so the battle never ended).
At some point it will get addressed.
Also, like I mentioned yesterday, the Borg AI will at some point also keep a defense fleet (Spheres) in its systems - this should also apply to TWHs (the Borg AI tries to build their TWHs in their systems).

Consider also adding a SitRep when system population is full - it would allow to optimize the population allocation in slow growing system, like with 1% grow. As always for me it is a side problem in huge galaxies and I am too lazy to make notes.
There is one way for you to check when a colony has free labor - switch to Economic view, and wherever there is unallocated pop, the population display will be red (green otherwise). It's not the best way to convey this, but it helps a bit.
BTW, the Health Center helps in those low growth colonies.

I've made some more tweaks to the ships (the Feds and the Klingons didn't make it to the patch).
Among them was increasing the Speed of the Fed Cruiser III to 2 (the II remains at 1, but they're only 1 TL apart).
Still need to go through some of them. Especially minor race ships.
If you find anything that needs to be changed, please LMK.
These changes require starting a new game.
Attachments
TechObjectDatabase.zip
(43.94 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Return to “Supremacy”