Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I would add that a few minutes ago that the game I am playing I had gotten the breen to become a member of the Klingon empire only to have them become subjugated with in the following turn or two. As if they are still trying to go to war or resist even though they willingly became a member.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I started another game without minor races for the time being and came across an issue where the Romulans would accept an affiliation -> alliance treaty but it would not actually take effect and they would remain neutral. However non-agression and open border treaties work fine, I am including the game with this issue below it has been repeatable every time I have tried.

Also in this same saved game I get to an unhandled exception during the turn phase that freezes the game. This is with the June 9th patch and a clean start, these issues may already be resolved for the next patch but I figured i would post them.
.autosav.zip
(531.8 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry about the long silence guys, but Misfire is very busy for the time being, and I was away for 3 days.

The issues mentioned in the last 4 posts seem to have to do with the removal of the duration of treaties - it might be defaulting to zero now, making them end right after acceptance.
I'll look into it.

I'll also check the savegame with the freeze.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

A game with minor races is not playable now. After the affiliation problem I described 3 days ago I tried to test next minor race/AI behavior. I colonize a system in a vicinity of that race and my regard dropped from 722 to 272 :(
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

I'm also getting a game hang when trying to scroll back to the top of the build list. Have to terminate the program.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'll be posting a new patch later today.

You should now get the SitReps for war declarations by AI civs - it was a hack more than a fix, needs to be tested.
Treaties are now working correctly.

The Accepting/Rejecting proposals by the AI issue is not yet fixed, Misfire will fix it next weekend.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 pm Also in this same saved game I get to an unhandled exception during the turn phase that freezes the game. This is with the June 9th patch and a clean start, these issues may already be resolved for the next patch but I figured i would post them.
Was this game started with a somewhat older patch?
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Iceman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:51 am
Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 pm Also in this same saved game I get to an unhandled exception during the turn phase that freezes the game. This is with the June 9th patch and a clean start, these issues may already be resolved for the next patch but I figured i would post them.
Was this game started with a somewhat older patch?
Negative, the game that was on the save was started clean with the June 9th patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, thanks, I think I know what's happening. The patch I just uploaded has a hotfix for this.

Cede Territories is now available, but is not yet working.
Envoys to minor civs are now not recalled automatically on membership (same behavior as empires).

Please report any issues you find. I'll probably start a new thread for this, so that nothing gets lost.

Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 am I have started an new game with the June 7th patch and while i know of the current issue with diplomacy I've come across two more. One is minor in that warlike minor races declare war but I get no warning prompt in the turn summary, so you only know if you happen to look at the diplomacy tab or get attacked.
This should be fixed, please check.

I've also had a warlike minor that was enthusiastic and I sent them a member ship proposal and the turn before they would accept they declared war instead. I got them to a cease fire and then so many turn later I resubmitted membership with no issue.
You mean that right after you offered membership, they declared war?

geordie wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:50 am With 9Jun patch Diplomacy screen status is not updated after agreed treaty as well as the files, because after one turn some privileges of the treaty, like extended range, disappear. :???:
This is also fixed.

Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:29 pm So I have noticed while playing the most recent patch of June 9th (even happened last patch), that even if a warlike minor is friendly-enthusiastic and are affiliated they will still without warning declare war on you. I am assuming this is due to the changes in AI behavior to how they react based on how strong the players military is and how well defended the systems near by are.
This seems a little over the top and that the trigger for war should also be based on the trust/regard between the two factions and not just military might even if the civilization is warlike. Though this could just be a bug to still be ironed out in the future.
I checked and it shouldn't happen. Do you have a savegame where I can reproduce this?

geordie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:44 am A game with minor races is not playable now. After the affiliation problem I described 3 days ago I tried to test next minor race/AI behavior. I colonize a system in a vicinity of that race and my regard dropped from 722 to 272 :(
Do you have a savegame where I can reproduce this?

TempestWales wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:31 pm I'm also getting a game hang when trying to scroll back to the top of the build list. Have to terminate the program.
I can't reproduce this. Do you have a savegame?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

geordie wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:44 pm
A game with minor races is not playable now. After the affiliation problem I described 3 days ago I tried to test next minor race/AI behavior. I colonize a system in a vicinity of that race and my regard dropped from 722 to 272 :(

Do you have a savegame where I can reproduce this?
I have a save 10 turns older, but it was an effect of that error in establishing a treaty. I will check that with today patch and let you know if it persists.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The diplomatic treaties work OK again. :)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have two comments to envoys.
Sometimes a travel of an envoy lasts very long to a distant empire - could envoys use existing wormholes as well? Just to calculate the trip time as for ships?
An envoy travel back to the homeworld after a revoking or (first of all) a retirement also last quite long - could we send another one one turn after the retirement, not waiting for his disappearance from the queue?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:49 am I have two comments to envoys.
Sometimes a travel of an envoy lasts very long to a distant empire - could envoys use existing wormholes as well? Just to calculate the trip time as for ships?
Good point!

An envoy travel back to the homeworld after a revoking or (first of all) a retirement also last quite long - could we send another one one turn after the retirement, not waiting for his disappearance from the queue?
I was actually just testing this and was thinking the same thing :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Treaties initiated by minor races still do not work.
I got a membership proposal from Mintakans, couldn't reacted in any way and nothing happened next turn.
Something is probably missing in this screen.
Screenshot (20).jpg
Screenshot (20).jpg (487.23 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:33 am Treaties initiated by minor races still do not work.
I got a membership proposal from Mintakans, couldn't reacted in any way and nothing happened next turn.
Something is probably missing in this screen.
You mean this?
Iceman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 am I'll be posting a new patch later today.
The Accepting/Rejecting proposals by the AI is not yet fixed, Misfire will fix it next weekend.
:wink:

Return to “Supremacy”