Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Yes! I agree.

One thing I think we need to change is to turn the RM counter to a % though? Or "count / max" ?
(max is configurable in the tables)
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Warp Core Breach »

Thanks for the spoiler! Not going to look - at least not yet!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:grin:

Warp Core Breach wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:40 pm Savegame here: Note: I had to declare war the Roms, as were going to crush the Fed's lone minor, that I'm trying to save till last.
I'll try to release a new patch so that you can check if you get the SitRep; I did, so it should be working.

Iceman wrote:Now, to make things less tedious, we could make stranded fleets not be able to escape (can't recall if there's a penalty to the roll, will have to check). What do you guys think?
My vote is - make it impossible for them to "escape". Stranded is stranded. I'd actually suggest a combat penalty as well. Stranded deep in enemy space, you're in for a world of hurt!
Currently, stranded fleets will not be able to escape the battle before enemy fleets take a shot at them in the first round; they may miss, of course. At the end of the first round, they may then escape.

We can either make them not be able to escape (disable the Retreat button in the UI), or apply a bonus to accuracy of ships firing at them / a penalty to maneuvrability (which is ship class specific).

We could also disable shield regen for such fleets - in combat only, or completely.

Thoughts?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Warp Core Breach wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:16 pm I think I may know why I'm draining credits. Something is messed up in the diplomatic process.

There are no payments being made to Zakdorn or Breen. With Breen, shortly after I got the open borders treaty, my allied Romulan friends declared war on them. Now I cannot improve the treaty, although it shows that I still have open borders. And the Zakdorn became members 100 turns ago.
Fixed the SitRep. But there was no actual effect, credits were not being charged, and there was no relations penalty.

geordie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:25 am I have been testing some options of my game to make Akaali system free again. Generally it works as planned, maybe only without a message about collapsing Romulan Empire.
Fixed/added.

Warp Core Breach wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:39 pm 1. System Iota Virginis: I was in the midst of bombarding it to the ground so I could colonize with loyal Cardassians when suddenly, it completely filled with buildings! 180 farms, 200 replication plants, 202 plasma reactors, and 210 universities . So, I subjugated it instead! (there were a few more that were lost during the my attack)
I *think* this might be fixed, if you guys notice this (or something related to multiple assaults on the same colony) again, please let me know.

I'll work on the rest of the stuff later.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Iceman wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:07 pm Yes! I agree.

One thing I think we need to change is to turn the RM counter to a % though? Or "count / max" ?
Yes I think either would be an improvement. The first time I started it, I saw the counter going up but didn't know what the end goal was.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Currently, stranded fleets will not be able to escape the battle before enemy fleets take a shot at them in the first round; they may miss, of course. At the end of the first round, they may then escape.

We can either make them not be able to escape (disable the Retreat button in the UI), or apply a bonus to accuracy of ships firing at them / a penalty to maneuvrability (which is ship class specific).

We could also disable shield regen for such fleets - in combat only, or completely.
I think the previous approach, only with de-cloaked ships was OK - without that such fleet would escape endlessly.
Somehow I do not desire to fight a weaker fleets. BTW - a fleet forced to fight would inflict more damage than escaping one.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:21 am I think the previous approach, only with de-cloaked ships was OK - without that such fleet would escape endlessly.
Somehow I do not desire to fight a weaker fleets. BTW - a fleet forced to fight would inflict more damage than escaping one.
You mean, keep it as is it now (and has been for quite some time, I haven't changed anything yet) :?:

That is, retreating stranded fleets are not able to escape the battle before enemy fleets take a shot at them in the first round; at the end of the first round, they may then escape.
Like fleets that Hail, these fleets will only fire back at the very end of the first round of battle, if they survive.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Misfire wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:52 pm
Iceman wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:07 pm Yes! I agree.

Yes I think either would be an improvement. The first time I started it, I saw the counter going up but didn't know what the end goal was.
Max was 100 initially (to work as kind of a %), but then I made it configurable (it is still 100 by default), and it should probably depend on research rate and maybe other stuff.

(initially I also had it so that [demon] planet size determined the amount of RM produced, but luck was too much of a factor)

edit:
Done, it is now displayed as a %.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:25 am I have been testing some options of my game to make Akaali system free again. Generally it works as planned, maybe only without a message about collapsing Romulan Empire.
But.... one variant was to immediately propose Akaali to become a member of my Klingon Empire. The effect of that is below:

The Akaali membership status is the same next turn.
In other variants Akaali also immediately accesses the Dominium, which is OK I think.
It was the Akaali that proposed to integrate the Dominion, not sure why. Since they are inside your territory after the fall of Pheben, they should probably favor joining you - unless relations with the Dominion are really good (and they're not that far anyway.

This is probably going to be tricky, but I'm taking a look.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:42 pm
But.... one variant was to immediately propose Akaali to become a member of my Klingon Empire. The effect of that is below:

The Akaali membership status is the same next turn.
In other variants Akaali also immediately accesses the Dominium, which is OK I think.
It was the Akaali that proposed to integrate the Dominion, not sure why. Since they are inside your territory after the fall of Pheben, they should probably favor joining you - unless relations with the Dominion are really good (and they're not that far anyway.

This is probably going to be tricky, but I'm taking a look.
I tried to address this by making minors (the Akaali in this case) favor an empire they're "immersed" in (the Klingons).

Also fixed a couple of AI silly behaviors - sending colonizers to continue terraforming and building ships in colonies under attack.
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

Can't find saved games. Is that on your end or mine?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It's an issue with the map editor patch - assuming that's the one you're using?
I think I'll take it down. Misfire is working on the fix, will upload soon.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In the next patch, the Economy overview mode will show the proper icons for system bonuses and planet bonuses.
Attachments
Economy.png
Economy.png (54.14 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I used a Cardassian game to test modified population/security ratio. I see a problem with Cardassian Phoenix Facility, which gives additional +100 intelligence, so covers security needs for all systems up to 300 pop. I would propose to add such building intel only if at least 1 security unit has been constructed - lets say for all system with 100+ pop.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm I used a Cardassian game to test modified population/security ratio. I see a problem with Cardassian Phoenix Facility, which gives additional +100 intelligence, so covers security needs for all systems up to 300 pop. I would propose to add such building intel only if at least 1 security unit has been constructed - lets say for all system with 100+ pop.
That would be a very opaque requirement, and hard to explain to the player. It could be added to the description I guess, but does anyone read those? :wink:
An easier alternative would be to change it to +100%, so you'd need to have some intel being produced in the colony.
Or, I could increase its energy cost (or decrease its output).

I'm not sure it's such a bad thing for Cardassian *native* colonies to have high security for a low cost (30 energy), Ithink it's fitting with the Cardassian Union :?:
Right now they're a bit lacking because intel is not done yet, so this might help them a bit.

What kind of an impact are you seeing in their gameplay?

The Dominion has a similar building BTW, though the requisites are more restrictive.

Return to “Supremacy”