Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Yes, if you do not assimilate any colonies.
The assimilation is irrelevant now. The fleet support increases by 1 every turn and that's all
Is that error reproducible? If so, can you post the save(s) that allow reproducing it please?
Yes, it was reproducible. I had got it at least three times, but I couldn't get it today.
SP Romulans Huge Irregular 1.zip
(348.53 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:08 pm The assimilation is irrelevant now. The fleet support increases by 1 every turn and that's all
Yes, you need to get to a rather large population total for population count to "take over" the formula, because PopulationSupport for the Borg is 0.3.
If you wish, could you edit that value (\Resources\Tables\ResourceTables.txt) and test your saves, and find a good value for it?
Notice though that a good value for the early and mid game will probably make the late game Borg unstoppable.

Yes, it was reproducible. I had got it at least three times, but I couldn't get it today.
Loaded it, played a couple of turns, retired, loaded it again, and no issues. Repeated several times.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, with a few fixes.

Thanks to rkdtwo's savegame, some fixes to Multiplayer.
When an agreement is broken, now both players get the SitRep, and a Regard penalty.
If the host quits, the clients now get a dialog stating the game will be terminated (instead of asking if they want to keep playing). The text needs to be improved though.
The new turn soundfx should now have a more logical behavior. (should we add it to SP mode too :?: might be a bit annoying)
Reverted the formula for envoy travel time.
Removed the Medium+ galaxy size warning.

geordie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:08 pm The assimilation is irrelevant now. The fleet support increases by 1 every turn and that's all
Thanks geordie for bringing this issue up again.
Made some temporary changes for testing purposes. The Borg can now generate Intelligence, and their Population Support increases with accumulated Intelligence points. Changed the Central Nexus (OnePerEmpire) from +2 ScanStrength to +2000 Intelligence - that should yield +2 PopSupport per turn (the Intel PF's output is 75), which compounds with the turn counter. This might be too much :?:
At some point we may add a +PopulationSupport bonus, but that'll break savegames, so it'll have to wait until the next time we make more of those changes.
The maintenance cost of Assemblers and Transwarp Hubs has been increased from 25 to 100, to "absorb" some of that PopSupport increase mid to late game. Might need to be increased a but more :?:
Feedback on this is crucial to get the Borg to a better place.

The negative treasury crash you reported is fixed BTW.
The Borg AI should now handle colony management better too.

geordie wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:16 am Is the description of the fight correct or at least possible? My armed troops escaped, but Roms scout did not uncloak. Just a luck?
Of course we are at war.
The destroyed ship should now not be displayed as being cloaked. Please check.

Other improvements:
Offer/Request Map Data is now not available in NAP/Affiliation/Defensive Alliance/Alliance/Membership proposals, as those treaties include sharing map info. The AI will now value Offer/Request Map Data when considering proposals that don't include the mentioned treaties.
Some tweaks to colony management AI, including more functionalities related to AutoBuild.

Texts that need to be changed/improved (related to these changes):

Code: Select all

[HOST_EXITED_MESSAGE_CONTENT]
{0}, the host, has quit the game, which will now be closed.
For the Borg:

[SITREP_POPULATION_MAXIMIZED]
The colony in {0} has reached its maximum population.

[SITREP_NEGATIVE_TREASURY]
Insufficient funds to pay for the fleet's maintenance.  All production has been suspended.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Separate topic to the ongoing development.

I've noticed you can within Resources/tables increase the huge galaxy map size up to 150 x 150 squares.

If you're building a 'canon map' slowly like me and adding in more system names etc, how can I generate a galaxy of that size?

I'm building a "ulitmate dominion wars scenario" type map.. Slowly.

Just some queries, as I'm poking around inside the game engine. Its very clever.

One comment on the map editor, would be helpful if you could drag + drop systems etc on the map and/or planets etc

This is a very exiting project and is making a 25 year old game (BOTF) have an entirely new life.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi guys. Sorry for the lack of responses on my part, I was away on vacations, totally off the grid :cool:

toffeeblue wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 am I've noticed you can within Resources/tables increase the huge galaxy map size up to 150 x 150 squares.

If you're building a 'canon map' slowly like me and adding in more system names etc, how can I generate a galaxy of that size?
I'll need to check the code, but if you set the tables to Huge = 150x150, and make a copy of the \Maps\BlankHuge.gal map and edit it, won't that map be 150x150?
The map's config only mentions the galaxy size, not the actual grid size in sectors.

I'm building a "ulitmate dominion wars scenario" type map.. Slowly.
Cool! When you're done, post it here and we'll add it to the build. :up:

One comment on the map editor, would be helpful if you could drag + drop systems etc on the map and/or planets etc
The map editor still needs a few tweaks and improvements, but Misfire is busy with the combat engine right now.
I have a list of such fixes, now that I'm back I might take a look at it. I just noticed that Misfire commited a fix to the map editor yesterday.

This is a very exiting project and is making a 25 year old game (BOTF) have an entirely new life.
We've had a couple of great coders lately helping get it along, so we might actually see it finished not too long in the future. :up:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I also changed the huge galaxy map size, to 99x99 this time and... I love it! :)
The only disadvantage I found for now was that any envoy travel was lasting above 15 turns.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:53 pm
geordie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:42 am BTW - it looks that a leader recruitment stopped somehow in the Romulan Empire. I am in the turn 150 now (patch 2022-08-08).
Unfortunately, the Romulans only have (those) 4 agents to be recruited before the Sophisticated era... :sad:
Once you reach TL4 you should get some more.
Should I add some characters from Picard, like Nedar and Narissa? I know there's a 200+ year offset there, but those would not look out of place among the ENT Romulans (style-wise). There's also Kabath, but she is wearing a mask, and Narek, but he has a beard.

There are a couple of unnamed Romulan officers from ENT but the shots I found are not very good.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:30 am I also changed the huge galaxy map size, to 99x99 this time and... I love it! :)
We can increase map sizes, the downside being a hit on performance, and the UI getting somewhat unwieldy.

The only disadvantage I found for now was that any envoy travel was lasting above 15 turns.
The formula uses the speed of your currently available fastest ship.
I tried introducing a Propulsion tech dependence, but it got silly at some point, I had to revert it.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I found a loop in the game.
If I send my scout from (92,81) to a system with an OP (90,79) and try to escape, the action cannot be completed. :(
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 271.zip
(887.98 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:12 pm I found a loop in the game.
If I send my scout from (92,81) to a system with an OP (90,79) and try to escape, the action cannot be completed. :(
Found the issue and fixed it. Released a new patch.

Seems like an interesting game. If the Dominion can put more pressure on your borders (move their fleets), it would be really exciting. We need to work on that.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The patch works! Thanks.

Yes, the game is quite interesting. I lost too many ships attacking as a cloaked fleet - an interesting experience. And now my dilithium level causes any other war really dangerous.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have found a bug!!!
At least once a nice one. :)
I got a message about an energy meltdown in one of the systems, but I had no energy units there. So in effect I have now 255 matter furnaces mark 8 to scrap.
Screenshot (37).jpg
Screenshot (37).jpg (604.76 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
It's a pity that it is so hard to repeat that in other games :(
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:03 am I lost too many ships attacking as a cloaked fleet - an interesting experience.
If you feel some tweaking is necessary (in shield level after decloaking in combat), feel free to provide feedback, suggestions are always welcome.

And now my dilithium level causes any other war really dangerous.
I noticed it was not as high as usual. Deactivating Praxis might help a bit, though you still have a couple of Refinieries and a dozen Gulags to build.
Duranium was still rather high though - so technically you can still build stations [you have plenty of free support] and orbital batteries [I don't think you have built any?] to protect your colonies, so it might not be advised to change duranium production.

I noticed there was an envoy taking 33 or so turns to get to the destination :shock: That's another consequence of really large maps. I'll try another Propulsion tech bonus for the next patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:24 am I have found a bug!!!
At least once a nice one. :)
I got a message about an energy meltdown in one of the systems, but I had no energy units there. So in effect I have now 255 matter furnaces mark 8 to scrap.
Found the problem. The check for energy PFs is made, but it is incomplete... Will, fix, thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed the energy meltdown bug.
Ships that decloak in combat get 50% shields, fixed a smallish bug with shield regen.
Added a bonus to the speed of envoys (0.2 * PropulsionTL).
Disabled Open Borders proposal when a NAP is already in effect.
Fixed a few things in the map editor.

Return to “Supremacy”