Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

The only impact is that I do not need any pop as intel in such systems and I may get more scientists, so - just a feeling - that it is a significant bonus.
Of course an intel challenge from other empires will solve that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:51 pm The only impact is that I do not need any pop as intel in such systems and I may get more scientists, so - just a feeling - that it is a significant bonus.
You'll need 1 PF to power it, so you get at most 2 free pop in 300 pop systems, and 1 in 200 pop systems.
When you have lots of systems, that's a lot, yes.
Should we increase energy cost, or decrease output, or something else?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Let's leave it as it is. It would be a temporary solution. Cards should have an intel bonus in the end.
McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by McFly »

hi, where can i get the new updates? or there are none since Nov 15, 2021

Thanks in advance
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The link is in the first post of this thread :wink: (it was updated)
And there have been plenty of updates since then, so go grab the latest patch.
There should be 2 patches. They are essentially the same, but one of them has a Map Editor, which is a new feature. Misfire is still working on it, and there have been some more improvements yet to be released. The caveat is, this patch (with the ME) will not allow you to load any previous savegames - so, if you want to continue a saved game, use the other patch; if not, then use it, and check the map editor and give us feedback :cool:
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Warp Core Breach »

Hi Iceman!
Couple of comments for you:

Regarding Cardassian Phoenix center:

geordie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:28 pm Let's leave it as it is. It would be a temporary solution. Cards should have an intel bonus in the end.

I agree. After 2 consecutive playthroughs as Cards, this is the one of the few bright points for them!

Regarding Red Matter, I got to 120%, but nothing happened? I was paying close attention around 100%, I don't think I missed a message or anything. Should I just keep going, or did something go sideways? I checked the spoiler, though I had guessed that was probably what was coming. Then I started a new game and actually read the victory conditions, lol! :lol:

Is there a way to play a game without Borg? I decided to try a small galaxy and low starting tech, so see how the game would go and ended up scouting 3 Cubes and 2 Probes around turn 60. That was probably enough firepower to conquer all 5 majors at that point and it was ~25 squares from home with a straight line of small colonies to lead them there! I thought I had seen that setting, but can't find it now. It's not in settings and not available when starting a new game.

thanks as always!!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:15 pm Hi Iceman!
Hi!

Regarding Red Matter, I got to 120%, but nothing happened? I was paying close attention around 100%, I don't think I missed a message or anything. Should I just keep going, or did something go sideways? I checked the spoiler, though I had guessed that was probably what was coming. Then I started a new game and actually read the victory conditions, lol! :lol:
:lol:
Do you have the Supremacy victory condition enabled?
And I'm guessing you have already played for more than 60 turns?

Is there a way to play a game without Borg? I decided to try a small galaxy and low starting tech, so see how the game would go and ended up scouting 3 Cubes and 2 Probes around turn 60. That was probably enough firepower to conquer all 5 majors at that point and it was ~25 squares from home with a straight line of small colonies to lead them there! I thought I had seen that setting, but can't find it now. It's not in settings and not available when starting a new game.
Smaller galaxies and the Borg don't work all that well, no. Someone will end up waking them from their stasis rather early in the game, and unleash hell on the galaxy :twisted:
There should be a radio button in Settings\Gameplay to disable them. And you can also turn Special Events off in Options, which right now only controls the presence of the Borg in the game.
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Iceman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:39 pm And you can also turn Special Events off in Options, which right now only controls the presence of the Borg in the game.
Perfect!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Do you have the Supremacy victory condition enabled? If so, I need to check what's wrong. The code seems to be ok - except that it allows going above 100% :roll: Will fix.

(VCs will only kick in at turn 60, so there's that too)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:15 pm Regarding Red Matter, I got to 120%, but nothing happened?
In the patch I just uploaded (no map editor) the RM counter shouldn't go above 100%. If you have an older savegame, could you check that please? In your current saves, it should maintain its value and not increase any further.

If you do have the VC enabled, could you post a savegame here please? Preferably before getting to 100%.
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Hi Iceman,
Here's a savegame at 99%. The patch does what is advertised - hitting next turn goes to 100%, hitting it again stays at 100%. Before, this savegame did advance to 101% after 2 next turns.

cards331war.sav
(762.15 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Turn 331, and I do believe I had all victory conditions selected. I never paid much attention to that setting before. :oops:
No victory message at 100%.

Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Supremacy VC is disabled in your game. Not sure why it got disabled if you had it set.

But it is working, apart from that (I cheated a bit).
Still need to change it into a Yes/No dialog though.

Any suggestions to improve the text?
Attachments
SupVC.png
SupVC.png (176.98 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Just downloaded the newest patch and start playing as klingon and dominion. After stopping and saving the games, I realized that I could not load either game as they do not show up in the load game window. However I have confirmed that i do have both games in the saved game file of supremacy.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:28 pm Just downloaded the newest patch and start playing as klingon and dominion. After stopping and saving the games, I realized that I could not load either game as they do not show up in the load game window. However I have confirmed that i do have both games in the saved game file of supremacy.
Which patch did you download? The map editor patches (patch_20220405_MapEditor) won't recognize any games saved before any non-mapeditor patch was installed. If you downloaded this patch, then started a new game, saved, then couldn't load, there must be another issue. Let me know if that is the case.

Otherwise, if you have the 20220406 patch (and had a non-mapeditor patch beforehand) it shouldn't have that issue, but I'm not sure what was changed in the patch, I've only been working on the mapeditor part which I don't think Iceman included in the 20220406 patch.
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Weird. Looks like all VC are selected by default. However, it explains why I never got to see that screen. As for the text, how about:

The <Major Power> now reigns supreme!

After seeing that the <Major Power> has developed Red Matter, the remaining governments have chosen surrender over annihilation. Arrangements to cease hostilities and transfer power are now underway.

You have won! If you wish, you can choose to continue playing.

Continue playing? Yes/No

I assume if the player chooses "No", they're brought to the Main Menu.
Nice image for this screen!

Return to “Supremacy”