Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

I just noticed that I forgot to update the bins in the 20220910 patch :oops:
so it was essentially the same patch as 20220830. Sorry, I'll release a new patch later today.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Besides the changes that should have been in the 20220910 patch, it also features:
- envoys working for member civs too (not recalled on membership, can be assigned to members, etc - needs to be tested further)
- the Borg AI should now build Intelligence buildings (the Central Nexus) to increase min PopSupport
- attacking a shipyard that is upgrading should decrease the upgrade construction status (needs to be tested)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Iceman wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:01 pm
geordie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:22 am I noticed a (marginal) inconsistency.
If I continue playing the game by some turns my colony ship can start terraforming a planet even if a colony ship of other empire appeared in that system in the same turn. If I make a save and start from that save again always that other colony ship is terraforming the planet.
I do not request any privilege for the player, I suppose a kind of random formula would decide about that.
Iceman wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:43 pm In the end, it ends up being legit, but looks off.
Actually, no, you're right geordie, it can happen that the AI gets an (unintentional) advantage.
I'll try to make the issue less pronounced, but we need to address the way the AI turns are handled.
I made it possible for all civs in the sector to be able to give the terraform (and build station) order, and the orders are sorted out when they're supposed to kick in (this logic was already there, but not being able to give the order was making it moot). This means though that you will be able to give the order BUT you might not actually be the one that will carry it out - which might be misleading.

Also fixed an ugly bug with the resource production setting in autobuild.
akido
Ensign
Ensign

Post by akido »

Hi, I have recently downloaded Supremacy and played a few hours. I have to say that I like it a lot, so thanks for your work!

Something that I would like to make you aware of is that a patch seems to have changed, if not broken transwarp travel when playing as the Borg. I cannot tell whether it is the latest one (patch_20220926.zip as of today) because the earlier patches are not available for download anymore. However, when playing the unpatched version (SupremacyTest_20210113.zip), transwarp travel between two TWHs works as expected, i.e. automatically when setting a course from one TWH to the other. In the patched version, I cannot trigger transwarp travel in this way, regardless of the amount of Deuterium that I have in stock. Is there a different way to travel at transwarp, did I miss anything, or is this a bug?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

akido wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:09 pm Hi, I have recently downloaded Supremacy and played a few hours. I have to say that I like it a lot, so thanks for your work!
Hi akido.
Glad you're enjoying Supremacy!

Something that I would like to make you aware of is that a patch seems to have changed, if not broken transwarp travel when playing as the Borg. I cannot tell whether it is the latest one (patch_20220926.zip as of today) because the earlier patches are not available for download anymore. However, when playing the unpatched version (SupremacyTest_20210113.zip), transwarp travel between two TWHs works as expected, i.e. automatically when setting a course from one TWH to the other. In the patched version, I cannot trigger transwarp travel in this way, regardless of the amount of Deuterium that I have in stock. Is there a different way to travel at transwarp, did I miss anything, or is this a bug?
Hmm, I'll check that. There was no intentional change to TW travel, no.
Thanks for the report, if there is a bug I'll try to fix it asap.
:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found the issue and fixed it. Thanks!
Will make a couple more changes and release a new patch in a bit.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
akido wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:09 pm In the patched version, I cannot trigger transwarp travel in this way, regardless of the amount of Deuterium that I have in stock. Is there a different way to travel at transwarp, did I miss anything, or is this a bug?
Can you please check if it working correctly now?
The problem was with some code I added to make fleets use wormholes instead of TWHs if both sectors have both (WH and TWH). In my tests it is now working correctly in both situations.
Thanks! :up:

I also fixed/improved some stuff related to simultaneous issuing of some (potentially conflicting) fleet orders by different civs: Colonize, Build Station (and Terraform, somewhat). I'm sure there are still some more issues, so if you guys come across anything weird, LMK please.
Different civs are allowed to give those orders simultaneously in the game (except when a station is already being built), but only one of them will actually end up performing it (the others will have it cancelled).

One other thing, Misfire found an (old) issue while coding the combat engine. There is a hotfix in this patch, and we need it tested thoroughly, to be sure that the combat engine will not work incorrectly.
Please take particular attention to the game state when games are loaded and saved, and in MP games. If you find something missing, or out place in some way, please report!
akido
Ensign
Ensign

Post by akido »

Iceman wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:27 am New patch.
akido wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:09 pm In the patched version, I cannot trigger transwarp travel in this way, regardless of the amount of Deuterium that I have in stock. Is there a different way to travel at transwarp, did I miss anything, or is this a bug?
Can you please check if it working correctly now?
The problem was with some code I added to make fleets use wormholes instead of TWHs if both sectors have both (WH and TWH). In my tests it is now working correctly in both situations.
Thanks! :up:
[...]
Thanks for the very quick fix! Seems you have found the cause - it works for me now! :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Fixed concurrent terraforming orders.
Fixed issue with wormhole vs transwarp hub movement.
Fixed a couple of issues with sector claims.
Added a claim value for fleets building a station in sectors with no owner.
Fixed text in combat window for stations that are upgrading.
Fixed Operational status for stations, and associated issue with the Engage button in the combat window.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

One other thing, Misfire found an (old) issue while coding the combat engine. There is a hotfix in this patch, and we need it tested thoroughly, to be sure that the combat engine will not work incorrectly.
I was playing some turns (20 or 30) with several combats and did not notice anything unusual.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey geordie, nice to see you again!
:up:
The (potential) issue is not related to combat, but to data stored in savegames.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Hello,

Its been awhile since I've last been on here. I had meant to post this from an earlier build I played of the game. I ran into a bug when it came to bombarding systems of a main faction controlled by another main faction. In the save I am submitting I had intended to just completely bombard a couple Jem'hadar colonies to zero and just recolonize them with my citizens, but these colonies had already been conquered by the Federation who invaded and took control of the Jem'hadar.

When I bombarded the colonies to zero population I was unable to do anything due to the fact that even with 0 population the system was still registered under Federation control. I was at war with the Feds but I could not colonize the system since it did not register the system as uninhabited and I could not land troops because there was no population to assault. My only recourse was to wait many many turns later until I saw the population increase past zero so I could send a single troop transport and finally take the system.

Also though it's been awhile, it also seemed that if my fleet was completely cloaked on the first round of combat the enemy fleet (I'm Klingon and the enemy Feds) would be able to attack and destroy my completely unshieled yet cloaked ships. This would greatly increase my loses compared to if I just attacked uncloaked and with full shields. The computer seemed to act like the cloak did not matter for the opening round of combat and I was fighting with no shields unit the second round occurred and my shields be back due to 'uncloaking'.

I have enough fleets in this save to test this against the Feds, I just have been too lazy to confirm if this is an issue or I just imagined it and the combat is working as intended.

For your reference the three systems in the save that have to main issue are Kora, Sheratan and Tehara they are all in the western part of the map and the only Fed systems in a sea of red =). also the game build that this issue occurred on was 0.7.8228.32839.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Sorry forgot to insert the save here it is.

SP Klingons Huge Irregular 1140.zip
(760.19 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:02 pm Hello,
Its been awhile since I've last been on here.
Hi Hebrewhammer, glad to see you back!

I had meant to post this from an earlier build I played of the game. I ran into a bug when it came to bombarding systems of a main faction controlled by another main faction. In the save I am submitting I had intended to just completely bombard a couple Jem'hadar colonies to zero and just recolonize them with my citizens, but these colonies had already been conquered by the Federation who invaded and took control of the Jem'hadar.

When I bombarded the colonies to zero population I was unable to do anything due to the fact that even with 0 population the system was still registered under Federation control. I was at war with the Feds but I could not colonize the system since it did not register the system as uninhabited and I could not land troops because there was no population to assault. My only recourse was to wait many many turns later until I saw the population increase past zero so I could send a single troop transport and finally take the system.
That's an odd issue.
Do you have a savegame just before reducing pop to zero ?
I'll try to dig into it a bit more later today, gotta get to work now. :neutral:

Also though it's been awhile, it also seemed that if my fleet was completely cloaked on the first round of combat the enemy fleet (I'm Klingon and the enemy Feds) would be able to attack and destroy my completely unshieled yet cloaked ships. This would greatly increase my loses compared to if I just attacked uncloaked and with full shields. The computer seemed to act like the cloak did not matter for the opening round of combat and I was fighting with no shields unit the second round occurred and my shields be back due to 'uncloaking'.
That was a rather recent change, yes. Cloaked fleets get decloaked before assaulting a system.
That was a player requested change, BTW.

Thanks for the save! :up:
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

That's an odd issue.
Do you have a savegame just before reducing pop to zero ?
I'll try to dig into it a bit more later today, gotta get to work now. :neutral:
I unfortunately do not have an older save, however there is a Jem'hadar colony controlled by the Cardasians in the same area as the others (Tautine). If you break the alliance and declare war then you could test it on that system,
That was a rather recent change, yes. Cloaked fleets get decloaked before assaulting a system.
That was a player requested change, BTW.
My issue is not with planetary assaults but with fleet vs fleet combat, it seemed like that cloak was not allowing me first strike in the opening round.

Return to “Supremacy”