Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

I tried the red matter option once. And I meant that I got war declarations from other races and a part of my members just one turn after I have started to build a station in that green star system.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:11 pm I tried the red matter option once. And I meant that I got war declarations from other races and a part of my members just one turn after I have started to build a station in that green star system.
These might have been triggered by the bug I mentioned above. Try going back to a previous save (1 turn before the station is completed) and using the new patch - it's possible that some empires might DoW on you due to you wanting to achieve galactic supremacy and all (petty bastards :wink: ) but the members shouldn't break membership.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.
There was a bug in ship repairs.
Lowered taxes for all empires (except Feds which had already been lowered).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed rare 100% terraform display bug.
No terrorism events in Peaceful and Pacifist colonies.
Different station destroyed SitRep text for the Borg - needs to be improved!
AI empires won't build TTs if no valid target in range.
Fixed Borg AI targeting juicy targets - should now be more vicious :twisted:
(testbed for implementing in other empires)

Feedback welcome!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch with a fix for a crash reported by Warp Core Breach.
Some improvements to the AI too.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch with more fixes to issues reported by Warp Core Breach.

Fixed global bonuses not being updated on subjugation.
Fixed weird Regard values after DoW, resulting from temporary events. Needs to be tested!
Lowered shields and range of Borg ships, increased hull a bit. Feedback needed! Requires a new game.

Also fixed some issues with AI surveyors and scouts.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:58 am I am playing with today's patch file. I had problems installing the patch, btw. Norton kept zapping the EXE and DLL files. The reason it gives appears to be "Reputation" - it won't trust them cuz they're new. Funny this didn't happen with earlier patches. I told Norton to ignore the folders with the game, so *PLEASE* don't send a virus in the next patches!
I just completed a full analysis on my machine, and it is clean.
Anyone else had this happen?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
A bunch of fixes (selection of new SoG, TR output, station removal, etc) and AI improvements.
Nebulae with planets now also show current survey level.
The Edo should not offer to become members, as long as the Edo God protects them.
Added the full Klingon Battle track, cortesy of Warp Core Breach :up:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have never get any false positive antivirus detection.

I tried a Borg game with the 11.08 patch.
Definitely the patch made the Borg territorial development slower, because of shorter ship range, but it 's still playable. Still one scout can destroy a Transwarp Hub. Weaker Borg shields caused that 5 Klingon ships (cruisers+ destroyers, OK, cloaked) defeated one Cube. I think that's not canonical.:)

Unfortunately I found some errors. The critical one, stopping the game is here:
Error 20211113_2.txt
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
and the last save:
SP Borg Huge Irregular 279.zip
(620.61 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
And an error I got 3 turns earlier:
Error 20211113.txt
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
It didn't stop autosave, so I have no related save.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Today I added the last patch and tried to start a new game, but 2 times with the same error:
Log 20211114.txt
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey geordie, glad to see you back, reporting stuff! :up:
Sorry about not replying last night, but it was late when I saw your post; I was caught up in my Klingon game, in that one-more-turn madness. :wink:

geordie wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:25 pm I have never get any false positive antivirus detection.
:up:

I tried a Borg game with the 11.08 patch.
Definitely the patch made the Borg territorial development slower, because of shorter ship range, but it 's still playable. Still one scout can destroy a Transwarp Hub. Weaker Borg shields caused that 5 Klingon ships (cruisers+ destroyers, OK, cloaked) defeated one Cube. I think that's not canonical.:)
Good. I was afraid the lower range would make the Borg stall.
The Scout vs TWH issue has not been addressed yet, the AI needs to know when to quit an endless battle before I can increase the TWH's shield recharge rate.
Heh, nope, that's not supposed to happen. :mrgreen: I forgot to increase the recharge rate back to 10%, which will help. But shields might need to be increased.
Do you think they should be changed back to what they were?

Unfortunately I found some errors. The critical one, stopping the game is here:
Error 20211113_2.txt
and the last save:
SP Borg Huge Irregular 279.zip
Found and fixed! Missing check when traveling between TWHs if one of them is in deep space. The game can be continued if you don't use TWHs in deep space. I'll upload a new patch shortly.

And an error I got 3 turns earlier:
Error 20211113.txt
It didn't stop autosave, so I have no related save.
Odd. Do you recall anything unusual about that turn? It seems to be related to orbital batteries, maybe a colony that you assimilated?

Today I added the last patch and tried to start a new game, but 2 times with the same error:
Log 20211114.txt
Ah, so it was you who downloaded the patch first! I had to take it down precisely because of that bug! Only one person had downloaded it yet. That was you :wink: The patch that is there right now already has that bug fixed (the patch has the same name, but was (re)uploaded later).

I'll fix the Borg shields and upload.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Patch uploaded (and removed yesterday's patch).

Man, that was beautiful! The Klingons sent a cloaked fleet to eliminate your TWH! :twisted: Precisely the one you were using to reduce travel time to target from ~20 turns to 1? Priceless!

Couple of questions:
How do you find the new system development for the Borg? The new values for Industry and Energy PFs, mostly, and how they impact the construction of shipyards to increase range/expansion.
I left ship stats for Probes, Assemblers and Spheres (more or less) intact. Do Probes need to be tweaked? Or any other ship, or anything else for that matter. Higher energy costs for some buildings, or something else (to decrease industry output)?
Should the bonuses for any building be changed? Adaptive Shield (+Planetary Shielding), Unicomplex (+Shipbuilding), scan range?
Is shipbuilding rate too high? With Unicomplex, and the unused industry bonus to shipbuilding (should this apply to the Borg too? I've thought of disabling it for some time)?
Is scan range ok, or too high?
Population Support is definitely too high, you're only using ~30% of max with 3 large fleets; are the ships you have too many? Should pop support be less then 30% of current? (there's a minimum value of 400 for the Borg)
Etc.

Thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have downloaded today patch and I am still getting the same error trying to set up a new game, even with a fresh installation.
I try to answer your questions tomorrow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed. Related to an improvement in SoG selection I made. I did test it before release, and managed to start a new game; but it turns out it was "luck" - there was no minor race close to any empire in my game... :neutral:
I'll try to fix WCB's bug and release a new patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK, new game starts fine. :)
The Klingons sent a cloaked fleet to eliminate your TWH!
Yeah, but a weird thing is that in the system they attack only TWH, leaving shipyard intact.
How do you find the new system development for the Borg? The new values for Industry and Energy PFs, mostly, and how they impact the construction of shipyards to increase range/expansion.
Let's say acceptable. I used mainly shipyards to increase the range, so there was no special difference - or I played as the Borg too long ago to feel any difference. I prefer constructing resource base first, shipyards next.
I left ship stats for Probes, Assemblers and Spheres (more or less) intact. Do Probes need to be tweaked? Or any other ship, or anything else for that matter. Higher energy costs for some buildings, or something else (to decrease industry output)?
I assume that the Borg fleet had too many advantages, so let's try that for a longer time. My only reflection is that ships (like cruiser IV) of other races are faster than the Borg cube and have similar range. In the past the tactical cube had shorter range and a construction lasted longer - now it is a valuable option comparing to a regular cube. I would like to test spheres more, before any opinion - in that game I haven't built any spheres so far.
Should the bonuses for any building be changed? Adaptive Shield (+Planetary Shielding), Unicomplex (+Shipbuilding), scan range?
I haven't noticed any need to change that for now.
Is shipbuilding rate too high? With Unicomplex, and the unused industry bonus to shipbuilding (should this apply to the Borg too? I've thought of disabling it for some time)?
I was playing with the Tech Level as Supreme and the Research Rate as Fast, so any slower pace of building Borg ships would slow the game significantly. I needed more cubes from the beginning, because some systems were highly populated. A limited range is enough for now. But a lower (or none) industry bonus is an option.
Population Support is definitely too high, you're only using ~30% of max with 3 large fleets; are the ships you have too many? Should pop support be less then 30% of current? (there's a minimum value of 400 for the Borg)
It followed my main assumption to assimilate as many systems and as fast as possible, so a comparison could be misleading. But the main reason was to get resources for the ship construction. So you could cut some Population Support, but not too much.

Return to “Supremacy”