Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

I added that as an issue, said it was to big for here
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:47 pm I added that as an issue, said it was to big for here
if you would have zipped file it would have been able to be uploaded/attached.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thx for the save! I've detected a couple of things I need to fix :wink:

I played your game for 3 or 4 turns, and there was no crash (with the 17feb patch). So it seems to be fixed. Can you confirm that please?

---

I'm teaching the AI to build and use Surveyors right now. Need to test it, but now I must hit the sack, it's late.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

its fine until you double click the vadwar and talaxian homeworlds, until then its fine every other minor civ has been assimilated just right
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, odd. Double-clicking Talaxia opens up Hirogea... and crashes.
The Hirogen and the Vaadwaur are "special" minors (and some others), in that they start with a minimum tech level. The crash might have something to do with that.
But Talaxia opening up Hirogea is odd...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Recently I had only some crashes related to building index. I noticed that it could be related to a destruction of surplus automated farms. Definitely I am avoiding to scrap and upgrade the units in the same turn, but maybe it is a trace.... At least I could progress after a crash not adding any building scrap in given turn.
Second, but not so important thing is that I limited victory conditions exclusively to Supremacy to avoid annoying messages about fulfiling other conditions. It didn't help, cos I have just got a message about surrending all major governments.
My last game seems not compatible withr Feb17 upgrade ;(
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 pm Recently I had only some crashes related to building index.
My last game seems not compatible withr Feb17 upgrade ;(
So you haven't tested the 17feb patch yet, correct? I'm curious to see if it helps with the indexing issue.
I noticed that it could be related to a destruction of surplus automated farms. Definitely I am avoiding to scrap and upgrade the units in the same turn, but maybe it is a trace.... At least I could progress after a crash not adding any building scrap in given turn.
Probably. Since the AI started doing a lot more stuff (building, upgrading, invading, bombarding, assimilating), it became much more pronounced.
Second, but not so important thing is that I limited victory conditions exclusively to Supremacy to avoid annoying messages about fulfiling other conditions. It didn't help, cos I have just got a message about surrending all major governments.
What you're saying is that even though you disabled all VCs but Supremacy, you still got the Domination VC message? Just trying to understand what the issue is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:09 am its fine until you double click the vadwar and talaxian homeworlds, until then its fine every other minor civ has been assimilated just right
The patch should fix that situation in future games. Unfortunately, it won't help in that game.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:01 pm Hmm, odd. Double-clicking Talaxia opens up Hirogea... and crashes.
The Hirogen and the Vaadwaur are "special" minors (and some others), in that they start with a minimum tech level. The crash might have something to do with that.
But Talaxia opening up Hirogea is odd...
Pulling up hirogea is new, last time it straight crashed, like the info for those planets wasn't even there. I'll start a new game at some point, but I better play this one a bit longer doing pretty good.

I was told once that I won the game by making alliances with the klingons and romulans even though supremacy was the only one selected for a win
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, it crashes, but I could see Hirogea in the background (behind the error dialog). It was probably the last colony in some list.
Double-clicking does crash the game, but selecting either colony (Talaxia or Vaadwa) with the pulldown selector doesn't. It doesn't actually change the displayed colony though.
The problem is that those colonies were assimilated but some orbital batteries remained (they weren't destroyed). The game crashed when trying to create the build list for that colony, as the Borg can't build those OBs.

I was told once that I won the game by making alliances with the klingons and romulans even though supremacy was the only one selected for a win
Hmm..? You made alliances with the Klingons and romulans?! While playing the Borg? The Borg cannot offer alliances... :???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch uploaded.
The AI now builds science ships and surveys anomalies with them.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 pm Oh, it crashes, but I could see Hirogea in the background (behind the error dialog). It was probably the last colony in some list.
Double-clicking does crash the game, but selecting either colony (Talaxia or Vaadwa) with the pulldown selector doesn't. It doesn't actually change the displayed colony though.
The problem is that those colonies were assimilated but some orbital batteries remained (they weren't destroyed). The game crashed when trying to create the build list for that colony, as the Borg can't build those OBs.

Hmm..? You made alliances with the Klingons and romulans?! While playing the Borg? The Borg cannot offer alliances... :???:
No that was a Fed game I was playing. That's odd about the OB's because that's all I need to destroy to assimilate a planet with 5 ships, ah well at least you know the issue.

Would it be easy or not so much to get the AI's to terraform all the possible planets in a system and not just one
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, ok. I'll check the VC checks tomorrow.

I took down the patch as it was crashing on assimilation - I had all Buildings get destroyed when the system was assimilated, but I need to work on it some more.
Would it be easy or not so much to get the AI's to terraform all the possible planets in a system and not just one
The AI does terraform the entire system, but initially only as many planets as needed to hold all the pop from the colony ship. Later, when pop is getting close to the limit (or when it has idle colony ships), it terraforms more planets.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:17 pm Ah, ok. I'll check the VC checks tomorrow.

I took down the patch as it was crashing on assimilation - I had all Buildings get destroyed when the system was assimilated, but I need to work on it some more.
The AI does terraform the entire system, but initially only as many planets as needed to hold all the pop from the colony ship. Later, when pop is getting close to the limit (or when it has idle colony ships), it terraforms more planets.
Yeah I noticed that, I recopied the 17th back over was about to try it.

Okay cool just something that I hadn't noticed because I hadn't done enough turns, when I play as one of the other factions It would make taking over planets harder because it increases there garrison size also...anyway
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

What you're saying is that even though you disabled all VCs but Supremacy, you still got the Domination VC message? Just trying to understand what the issue is
Yes, exactly that case.

I have to start a new game for Feb17, but first I would like to check how many ships I need for average Borg armada :)

Return to “Supremacy”