Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Iceman,

I had been meaning to ask, as you release new patches for the game do we need to make sure all patches are downloaded and installed? or if we are reinstalling the game do we just need the main file and most current patch?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The latest patch is always cumulative in terms of changes, so that you only need that one. If there are no major issues with the latest patch, I remove the previous ones.
So yes, to your last question.

edit:
added instructions in the original topic.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

The AI should now expand a bit better (ocasionally it could get stuck), and it should terraform its systems a bit better too.
It should also handle -Morale buildings a bit better (important for Klingons and Cardassians).
And be more conservative in building warships when not at war.

Made some code changes that might be related to the cause of the threading issues, let's see if they are gone. Please report if you're still seeing any (foreign ships in your fleets, foreign designs being built in your shipyards, etc).

Fixed an issue with sharing contacts with other civs when signing an Affiliation treaty; extended that sharing to Mutual Defense and Alliance.

There was an issue with AI diplo proposals, where you'd get the proposal and the acceptance/rejection sitreps in the same turn; it should be fixed, but please report anything wonky that you find.

Fixed an issue with wrong display of casualties in negative Climate Shift events.

A few data changes - these will only take effect when a new game is started though:
- Deuterium Collector 3 -> 2 deuterium
- Fed Trade Centre 50% -> 25% credits
- all the empires' (area)Research% unique buildings 100% -> 50%
- Dom Vorta Cloning Lab 100 -> 80 energy cost

As usual, have fun and please give some feedback!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I have started a new game with yesterday patch.
First impression is that the Deuterium cut hurts far too much. It is a beginning of my game and only one ship can travel. I assume that we have to forget about huge fleets in advanced games as well :(
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 40.zip
(478.33 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I had to take the patch down, as the AI was broken...

Regarding the deuterium issue, I only reduced the Deuterium Collector, from 3 to 2, as late game the deuterium reserves are usually huge. There are a lot of star systems with GGs.
I'm not sure how you burned through all that deuterium, but I'll check ;) The AI doesn't seem to get hurt by this. I guess I can increase the initial amount, to get through the early game.

For this game, you can cheat and give yourself some deuterium so that it can still be salvaged. Sorry.

On a tangent, maybe Cardassian "civilian" ships should not follow the Cardassian "doctrine" of having higher hull values, as it can affect their early game expansion due to lack of duranium ? It's not like they're going to use them for Ram attacks or anything, right? :twisted:

Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploaded.
Fixed the AI issue.
Doubled the initial amount of deuterium for all starting levels.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, another recurring error, stopping my game test.
Patch 2021-09-03.
Error 20210905.txt
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 166.zip
(556.85 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed, and uploaded.
This has been a bumpy release :oops: Sorry, guys.

There doesn't seem to be any problems with deuterium so far. AIs are ok too.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Another similar, recurring error (patch Sep05):
Error 20210908.txt
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 263.zip
(666.33 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
My other comments in the Cardassian game:
- I simply added 25 Deuterium as a cheat, after that my my deuterium stock dropped down to 6 before started increasing again. So no risk of deuterium shortage in an advanced game, but I see it in the very first phase. Even I we find a system with deuterium we have no population or energy to use it fast.
- I got a message of a completed Phoenix Facility once but it was not listed as a structure in the proper system - probably other empire got a gift :). I had a save one turn earlier, but I was not able to repeat that.
- I got 3 or 4 times messages about contacts of minor races with the Borg, but it was in other end of the galaxy, far from Borg systems and without any wormhole nearby. Once I even had a colony ship there, so it was no real contact for sure.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm Another similar, recurring error (patch Sep05):
Found and fixed. The code didn't account for factions.
Uploaded a new patch.
My other comments in the Cardassian game:
- I simply added 25 Deuterium as a cheat, after that my my deuterium stock dropped down to 6 before started increasing again. So no risk of deuterium shortage in an advanced game, but I see it in the very first phase. Even I we find a system with deuterium we have no population or energy to use it fast.
I bumped it up a bit more for the lowest 2 starting levels. This initial near-shortage only happens if you get really lucky and have lots of systems to explore in the opening turns, AFAICT.
Resources in general seem to be ok'ish?

- I got a message of a completed Phoenix Facility once but it was not listed as a structure in the proper system - probably other empire got a gift :). I had a save one turn earlier, but I was not able to repeat that.
So when you tried to reproduce it, the Phoenix Facility was spawned correctly, in your colony?

- I got 3 or 4 times messages about contacts of minor races with the Borg, but it was in other end of the galaxy, far from Borg systems and without any wormhole nearby. Once I even had a colony ship there, so it was no real contact for sure.
Do you remember which minors?
Was it when you signed Affiliation treaties with them?

Population Support seems to be ok?
The Klingons do seem to be handling morale better.
I'm working on getting the AI to focus more on getting its colonies fully terraformed than building more warships, when not at war.
Attachments
BorgContacts.png
BorgContacts.png (63.85 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Resources in general seem to be ok'ish?
Yes, quite OK'ish
So when you tried to reproduce it, the Phoenix Facility was spawned correctly, in your colony?
Yes, I tried twice and was spawned correctly. I made a screenshot with missing Phoenix Facility, listed in sitreps. but due to my clumsiness I supposedly had to click somewhere and the screenshot was without sitreps :(
Do you remember which minors?
Was it when you signed Affiliation treaties with them?
T'Lani, Ledosians and Bree'ellians - sorry, I wanted to list them in my first post. I am sure that at least for Ledosians I had only Open Border treaty then.
I reviewed my saves and was able to find this:
Screenshot (54).jpg
Screenshot (54).jpg (418.87 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
My other remarks as I remember now:
- a number of Klingon colonies was increasing really fast
- I found first minor race member of Federation (Arbazan), probably joined voluntarily. I do not assume that Feds were an agressor.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:26 am T'Lani, Ledosians and Bree'ellians - sorry, I wanted to list them in my first post. I am sure that at least for Ledosians I had only Open Border treaty then.
I reviewed my saves and was able to find this:
It definitely looks like a shared contacts situation. Maybe some other civ signed an affiliation treaty with them? Probably unlikely, since you managed to do that yourself, and sign memberships.
Do you have a savegame of the previous turn, or close to that, that I can debug?
- I found first minor race member of Federation (Arbazan), probably joined voluntarily. I do not assume that Feds were an agressor.
Yea, I still need to make the AI offer credits to improve relations, so that they can offer treaties much faster. But at least the AI is starting to look less comatose diplomatically speaking :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It is the save with Bre'elians case:
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 242.zip
(638.44 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
They became affiliated in the same turn.

I also noticed that other empires accumulated a lot of cash.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am It is the save with Bre'elians case:
They became affiliated in the same turn.
That's the reason. Affiliation shares contacts - I'll have to do that differently for the Borg though. - DONE.
I meant that minor you said you only had Open Borders. In such cases contact shouldn´t be established, that's what I'm curious about.

Thanks for being patient with this!

I also noticed that other empires accumulated a lot of cash.
Yes, I had noticed some time ago that they might not be rushing production on more expensive stuff. Will have to check.
Glad you mentioned it because I had forgotten about putting it in my notes. :up:
But they will need that money for diplomacy, and to keep a large navy in times of war.

It's cool to see the Federation attacking Klingon colonies, but that might be keeping their global Morale down.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Just downloaded the most recent patch 20210909, and I am getting an error. to be fair it was happening on the previous patch as well and I thought this recent patch might fix the problem before reporting it.
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 362.zip
(654.88 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Error.txt
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Return to “Supremacy”