Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Hi Hebrewhammer. Thanks for the save. Besides this crash, it shows another game breaking bug - some of the AIs have accumulated a *massive* debt... :shock: I've been trying to keep their shipbuilding under control, but there's a runaway effect somewhere that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. :???: I'm assuming fleet upkeep is the culprit for the debt, ofc, will have to check (though the Klingons have not been affected and have few ships).

The crash was due to a minor race that was once a member of the (AI) Cardassian Union and that must have broken the membership treaty... gah, so many special cases, I wish I had not touched that share contacts code :roll:

I'm attaching your savegame here, after the crash, if you wish to continue that game as soon as possible.
I'll try to find and fix the other issues, and upload a new patch.
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 363.zip
(659.46 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

No worries Iceman, I appreciate all the work you are doing on this game.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'm trying to "fix" your game, should attach it here again shortly.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here you go.
If you want to use it, that is, as I have cheated and gave the AI empires positive credits so that they can keep developing.
But they will still be draining their coffers with all the ships and stations.
I've given some orders too, only basic stuff like terraforming and colonization orders, and a couple pop assignments - so you wouldn't lose the turn completely.

I'm working on some other fixes that might be important.
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 363 fixed.zip
(659.45 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Minor races might develop a bit better.
The break membership issue should be fixed.
Hopefully sharing contacts should not cause any more issues.
More improvements to the potential threading issues.
Fixed one of the reasons for the AI going into debt, and placed some more checks to prevent it.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

An interesting coincidence...
Screenshot (55).jpg
Screenshot (55).jpg (488.12 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
A proposal from the ghosts.
Bajorans were really a spiritual society... :)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

And another crash... :(
Tested on 2 computers, so repeatable, but occurs in slightly different situations, anyway all related to an attempt to move a fleet or a ship on the map.
Error 20210922.txt
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 366.zip
(740.1 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:lol:

Thanks, I'll check that. If you have a savegame where I can test the fix, that'd be great.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:00 pm And another crash... :(
Tested on 2 computers, so repeatable, but occurs in slightly different situations, anyway all related to an attempt to move a fleet or a ship on the map.
Error 20210922.txt
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 366.zip
I can't load this save. Which patch was it started with?

Managed to load it with an older patch. Will check it out.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was using the last patch (09.11), but I updated it during that game.
I found a save 1 turn before the Bajoran case, but I was able to repeat that, so I suppose it is even more useful.
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 358.zip
(737.51 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I checked that crash three times more and it is mainly related with ships in the Corinth system.
Might that be caused by newly rebelled Human system?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:05 pm I checked that crash three times more and it is mainly related with ships in the Corinth system.
Might that be caused by newly rebelled Human system?
It's related to the Corinth system, yes, apparently. The fleet in Arbaza will also crash the game.
And yes, it seems to be related to factions. The Federation is in shambles, with morale completely sapped...

A proposal from the ghosts.
Bajorans were really a spiritual society...
There isn't much I can do about this I'm afraid, as diplomacy is processed before combat.
I guess there could be a check for orbiting hostile fleets in the case of minors when making proposals, but we would need to check if those fleets are strong enough to subjugate or destroy the colony. Not sure it's worth the effort.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, so I've fixed that crash, and another bug that I spotted thanks to your save. :up:

I'll upload a new patch shortly.

One question: do you wish me to try and "fix" your game ? Some of the empires are bankrupt, and the Feds' global morale is zero...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

There isn't much I can do about this I'm afraid, as diplomacy is processed before combat.
I guess there could be a check for orbiting hostile fleets in the case of minors when making proposals, but we would need to check if those fleets are strong enough to subjugate or destroy the colony. Not sure it's worth the effort.
I assume that the problem is in a different point. Please notice that Bajorans were eliminated 27 turns ago, in fact by the Borg. I have eradicated Borg colony, terraformed some planets and established my colony before that proposal. Before Borg assimilation Bajor had become a member of the Cardassian Union.
There was no continuation next turn after the proposal.

Yes, please fix the save. Thanks a lot.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 pm I assume that the problem is in a different point. Please notice that Bajorans were eliminated 27 turns ago, in fact by the Borg. I have eradicated Borg colony, terraformed some planets and established my colony before that proposal. Before Borg assimilation Bajor had become a member of the Cardassian Union.
There was no continuation next turn after the proposal.
Oh, I didn't notice that. :shock: I'll check that out, thanks!

Yes, please fix the save. Thanks a lot.
Ok. Should I fix both the Feds' morale to 100, and the negative treasuries of the empires?

BTW, about Corinth,there was a SitRep about your invasion forces being repelled by Federation defenses? I'm curious about that entire chain of events - to check if there wasn't anything fishy.
(those federation forces were in fact human rebels, correct?)

We need to make the AI learn how to use all available fleets in an area in its assaults - it could have been interesting in the Dominion's assault on Arbaza.

Return to “Supremacy”