Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Double-clicking is not yet working for SitReps of Random Events, it's in the ToDo list.
Since you're asking, it might be a good time to look into it again :wink:

IIRC those are the only ones not working yet.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks. It's not easy to search 150 systems.

So another question - just to be sure...
Screenshot (25).jpg
Screenshot (25).jpg (588.51 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Is the description of the fight correct or at least possible? My armed troops escaped, but Roms scout did not uncloak. Just a luck?
Of course we are at war.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It looks kind of odd, yes, but I guess what happened was your TTs tried to escape, but since the scout was cloaked, it managed to attack them; it fired on one of the TTs, which fired back its defensive weapons destroying the scout (its shields were down from being cloaked).
On the "tactical" level, the scout uncloaked. On the "strategic" level, it was cloaked when the battle occurred. The combat window shows the latter.

If uncloaking during a battle would make the ship be uncloaked in the strategic level, then you would have to cloak it again after the battle.
So the question is, is that how it should be :?:
It's a real question, not rhetorical. What do you guys think :?:

(in this particular case, and regardless of the answer, I guess we can uncloak any destroyed ships after battle, to make the combat window more clear?)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 amterraforming uncolonized systems in another civ's territory with which you do not have Open Borders or better now affects relations negatively.
First, sorry for my sparse participation here.

For your inspiration I showcase the BotF Sphere Of Influence feature: (of course with bugged horizontal vs vertical geometry)
'SphereOfInfluence.png
'SphereOfInfluence.png (148.12 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
About 3 sectors from each own starsystem; home base value 30; other systems 15, not cumulative)

Inter alia used to determine AI complaints / sympathy loss for other empire's actions like Colonize, Tform, buildBase, Invade Minor or certain treaties with minors (affiliation/membership I think). Your above example would trigger additional territory violation response (diplomatic and/or military).

The reaction is also influenced by current treaty-state and/or military power ratio towards the other empire e.g. opponent or Cold War (given the military opportunity) might be treated with military force via Patrol Task.

If the AI is on the weaker side, the cumulated value of all own systems within the opponents SphOfIn influences AI credit offers e.g. per turn (coupled with proposed treaties).

As always congratulations to the ongoing great progress of you awesome guys, keep going. Upcoming, functional 3D combat should increase Supremacy's popularity even more, so we might think about featuring the Supremacy section more prominent on the AFC main page and forums?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, with a few fixes to diplomacy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:06 pm First, sorry for my sparse participation here.
You've been pretty busy yourself :wink:

For your inspiration I showcase the BotF Sphere Of Influence feature: (of course with bugged horizontal vs vertical geometry)

About 3 sectors from each own starsystem; home base value 30; other systems 15, not cumulative)
In Supremacy the radius of the SoI depends on the colony's population. Outposts and Starbases have their own SoIs too.

Inter alia used to determine AI complaints / sympathy loss for other empire's actions like Colonize, Tform, buildBase, Invade Minor or certain treaties with minors (affiliation/membership I think). Your above example would trigger additional territory violation response (diplomatic and/or military).

The reaction is also influenced by current treaty-state and/or military power ratio towards the other empire e.g. opponent or Cold War (given the military opportunity) might be treated with military force via Patrol Task.

If the AI is on the weaker side, the cumulated value of all own systems within the opponents SphOfIn influences AI credit offers e.g. per turn (coupled with proposed treaties).
Thanks for the insight!

As always congratulations to the ongoing great progress of you awesome guys, keep going. Upcoming, functional 3D combat should increase Supremacy's popularity even more, so we might think about featuring the Supremacy section more prominent on the AFC main page and forums?
:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Cede Territory is not available for Membership proposals.
Map Data can only be shared by/to independent civs.
Fixed issue with accepting Open Borders Pacts proposed by the AI.
Clicking on SitReps highlights the location on the minimap.
More work on double-clicking SitReps - please check if they're working for Random Events.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, and forgot one change. The 1st agent should be recruited (much) sooner now, at the request of many families. Please report if it was too much.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Double-clicking SitReps for Random Events is not working, and envoys are still being recalled after membership.
Will be fixed, and some other smallish bugs.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

There's now a (placeholder) temporary penalty to relations when a diplomatic proposal from another civ is ignored.
The AutoBuild AI should now not power down shipyard slots when not being used, and should not manage orbital batteries; those are for the human player to handle.
A few fixes to the diplomacy AI. AI empires should start making proposals sooner, too.
Envoys to minor civs are not recalled on membership accepted; however, right now it's not possible to recall them after membership (button is disabled), will have to fix that.

Double-clicking SitReps for Random Events is not working yet in this patch.

There will be a new patch soon, but it will break savegames (hence me releasing this patch now).
It will include the Colony Management tab in the Colony screen when AutoBuild for the colony is activated. You will be able to automate a number of things in that colony.
It will also handle simultaneous proposals, feature some UI fixes and improvements, and whatever else Misfire will come up with until then :mrgreen:
Zerokore55
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Zerokore55 »

Hello, played several iterations of the game a few years back and wanted to pick it up again. I seem to be a bit dense, but where is the link for the latest update for the game? Or at least the main game and patch files. Thank you for the help!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Zerokore55 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:38 pm Hello, played several iterations of the game a few years back and wanted to pick it up again. I seem to be a bit dense, but where is the link for the latest update for the game? Or at least the main game and patch files. Thank you for the help!
Hi Zerokore55, welcome (back?) to the forums!
The link is right in the original topic of this thread :wink:
Follow the instructions given there, and you should be set.

You might want to wait for the next patch, which will have a few more nice things, but will break savegame compatibility. It should be available tomorrow.
Or use the current patch to get back to the game and wait for tomorrow to start a full game.

Have fun!
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

It's in the first post of this thread. Make sure you download the latest patch (unzip it, then cut/paste the files into the game directory). If you miss that step, you'll miss out on A LOT of changes. I believe each new patch Iceman puts up contains the previous patches, so there is no need to download all of them. We should probably get a more up to date release version put together at some point.

Like Iceman said, whenever you install a new patch it's a good idea to finish up any saved games you want to finish first. Sometimes new patches aren't compatible with older saved games because new features were added.
Zerokore55
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Zerokore55 »

ohhh, I thought it was new link, didn't realize its a master list. Yes, it does sound like waiting for the patch is a good idea, so thank you for the good tips, and thank you for working to make one of the best games I played growing up, even better.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Anyone else having issues trading with other superpowers? i can trade with minor races but with major races it is not letting me even when i have been to their colonies.

Return to “Supremacy”