Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Misfire »

nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:15 pm
Misfire wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:40 am You could try running it in compatibility mode, not sure it will help though.
I tried running in compatibility mode and it still is given me the exception error.

The only time it happens is when I go to build a ship after a couple turns. If I load up the save game and click the shipyard to build I have no problems. I play a little bit and I get the error when I build a new ship.

I've tried looking online for a solution and the only reference I get is to Dispatcher Processing and WPF errors.
I looked into the code a bit, the game does disable message processing in one spot, but only momentarily for switching between full screen and windowed. Can't see how that would be causing an issue in your case.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:28 am
Danijel wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:24 pm I think Caretaker should win :lol:
Hehe. Should we increase its stats :?:
Firepower, Shields, hull, :?:
What do you guys think :?:
Firepower just if you ask me.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Anyone having issues with getting upgraded ships? I'm on Tech Lvl 5 3 and about turn 160, but still have First level tech ships.

Ignore that, noticed that you need lvl 4 tech in most lvl 2 ships.

Also noticed that reducing Master Volume doesn't reduce Dialogue. ie Loading, Alien Culture Discovered.
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 166.sav
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 29 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:23 pm Also noticed that reducing Master Volume doesn't reduce Dialogue. ie Loading, Alien Culture Discovered.
Yep, known issue.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:28 am I have it fixed already.
The main problem was that neither side could actually penetrate the other's shields, because of the high recharge rates. So I limited space combat to 10 rounds (still need to test the result in battles involving the human player though),
Unfortunately, the fix didn't work for human players. :sad:

geordie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:23 pm As I remember, a scout taking a TWH down in the Borg game needed up to 20 rounds. So if we want to keep ot, please make 20 rounds as a limit.
Maybe we should just add weapons back to the Hub :?:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Unfortunately, the fix didn't work for human players. :sad:
I thought we all were human players :?
Maybe we should just add weapons back to the Hub :?:
I think it's strange that one scout can take a TWH down - I would propose to add some weapons, just to avoid that, so about the Borg probe level
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

ROTFLMAO

Done. I think there was a good reason for removing the TWH's weapons, I just can't recall what it was. Or maybe it was the shield recharge, or the combination of both. I added recharge back too, let's see how that goes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

@afc, it should let you keep playing your game. Can you check please?

Fixed the Turns display for Subjugated civs in the diplo screen.
Fixed targeting issues in combat - needs to be tested for any strange behaviors.
Added more stars to the canon map (kept the Ocampa).
Tweaked AI colonization thresholds.
Added weapons and shield recharge to the Borg TWH.
Lowered crew damage to Borg ships.
Borg ships in Hard+ start with higher XP levels.
Tweaked Borg selection of targets for assimilation.
Borg TacCube shield recharge reduced to 10%.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:50 pmBorg TacCube shield recharge reduced to 10%.
Just as a reminder, BotF uses a fixed recharge value, no percentage.

Shield Strength / Recharge:

Borg Cube - 6100 / 185
Edo God - 6350 / 235

So even a recharge rate of 10% per turn is still high compared to the fixed defaults, more aggravated using firepower values lower than the defaults and/or reduced torpedo efficiency against shields. :wink:

However, for e.g. Federation Starbase II it's quite fitting: 840 / 86
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yea, I know. But in Supremacy it is a % - but that's not really an issue, you would just need to do the math if you want to replicate BotF. :wink: But in Supremacy, it would make Borg ships way too easy to destroy.
In Supremacy, recharge rates are (much) higher than in BotF, because high-end firepower is different, auto combat is just a placeholder for the combat engine, etc.
Torpedoes are less efficient against shields, yes. Same as in BotF.
afc
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by afc »

Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:50 pm New patch.

@afc, it should let you keep playing your game. Can you check please?

Yep ill let you know if i find anything
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:09 amTorpedoes are less efficient against shields, yes. Same as in BotF.
Just keep in mind it's a by default unused feature in BotF, semi-implemented in the sense that the tactical event report (doing/taking X points of damage) doesn't even display the right values.

A special branch of ECM is the only mod using this feature, yet. Meaning: Don't underestimate the game changing impact!
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

The AIs now create trade routes when they sign Open Borders pacts.
Signing OB pacts now reveals all owned colonies.
TR output distance modifier slightly tweaked.

Some UI fixes and improvements.

Minors that are Member or Affiliated with another empire now show as Unavailable in the diplo screen; minors subjugated by another empire show as Unreachable.

The (very old) code for espionage/sabotage has been unlocked; it is only a temporary test, while we wait for intel to be implemented. It can be disabled, if it is not found to be fun, by setting your Internal Security to 100% (you'll have to set it to 99 or less if you want to test it).
klingonfunfunfun
Ensign
Ensign

Post by klingonfunfunfun »

Hello

Hope you are all well.

1. Is BOTF2, Supremacy, Rise of UFP, one and the same?

2. Is it possible to add a downloads page for Supremacy please?

3. Installed latest BOTF installer 2.0.3 other day. Checked forums and can see turn times / speed cannot be fixed. Is this resolved in Supremacy?

4. Can u cheat in Supremacy, in same way as "-Mudd" for BOTF?
If not, is it possible to add?

Regards
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

klingonfunfunfun wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:49 pm Hello

Hope you are all well.
Hi klingonfunfunfun, welcome to the Supremacy forum!
I'll try to answer your questions.

1. Is BOTF2, Supremacy, Rise of UFP, one and the same?
Long story short, the BOTF2 project evolved into Supremacy when Mike Strobel joined it, RoUFP (I guess that's its most recent name?) is an offshoot of Supremacy.

2. Is it possible to add a downloads page for Supremacy please?
There is one, but it currently only has the Combat Engine preview for download. At some point I'll upload the development build too.

3. Installed latest BOTF installer 2.0.3 other day. Checked forums and can see turn times / speed cannot be fixed. Is this resolved in Supremacy?
Supremacy doesn't have any of the issues with BotF; it does have its own set though :wink: Mostly due to no being finished yet. We only need to implement Intelligence and finish up agents; other thsn that, the game is already fully playable. Oh, and the combat engine is being worked on by Misfire (you can check its status in the preview I mentioned above)

4. Can u cheat in Supremacy, in same way as "-Mudd" for BOTF?
If not, is it possible to add?
Yes, you can cheat (F11 IIRC), adding credits, resources and research points. The game is also highly moddable, so you can edit the data files and cheat that way too, if you wish.

Give us feedback if you decide to try it out!
And have fun!

Return to “Supremacy”