Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Ah, had just released a new patch... will fix asap and re-upload. Thanks!

edit: fixed and re-uploaded!

Lots of fixes for the Borg.
Also fixed starting garrison for Klingon colonies.
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

Feds (me) capture a Card system
I can not upgrade the buildings OR they will upgrade but not all the way.
Tech of the buildings may be level 3 but the feds (me) is level 7.
OR
Tech of the buildings may be level 6 but the feds (me) is level 7.
in this case i was able to upgrade the captured system from 3 to 6.

In one case I was able to delete all buildings and build my buildings at max level.
In another case I deleted all building and could ONLY build lower level Card buildings.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, you mean the Production Facilities. That's intended behavior. In non-native colonies, you're limited to the original owner's tech level. That civ will still advance their research though, but somewhat slower.
Check this thread for more details.

This is odd though:
In one case I was able to delete all buildings and build my buildings at max level.
Which kind of system was this? Member, subjugated? I know you mentioned subjugated Cardassian colonies, but I'm just checking because it's really odd that apparently some of those colonies have a different behavior than the others - hence the question. What you describe should only happen in native colonies.

Can you post a savegame so that I can take a look please?
Kellir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kellir »

No need. I have come to the conclusion that conquest is stupid in this setup. Just nuke them and recolonize for a quick shipyard.
Making colony ships takes less time than transports and I ONLY need one colony ship per system.
Don't think I will be playing Feds any time soon.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Conquest is hard(er) for the Feds, yes, that's not their (preferred) way. :razz:
Nuking colonies is an option, yes, but it carries a large regard penalty - especially high for the Feds IIRC, and aggravated if the nuked civ is Pacifists/Peaceful.
You can play warmonger style with the Feds, you'll just have to be more patient.

I'd still like to take a look at that scrap and build native PFs issue.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Quick question, I noticed as Feds i took 4 or 5 colonies from the Dominion after declaring war. As soon as I could I proposed a cease fire treaty to appease my population. What I noticed was that MY people were apathetic and the Dominion colonies were LOYAL directly after the invasion. What I noticed after a cease fire and non aggression pact was that while my empire was pleased once again the Dominion colonies I took dropped to content. I have yet to continue playing to see if it drops further.

My question is, do the races I conquer keep their traits? IE if I take some Klingon colonies will they only be content or loyal if I'm at war? If that's the case then no matter what race you are there is a chance that the colonies will be in constant rebellion or your own empire will be in constant rebellion trying to appease one side or the other. Conquest becomes almost a constant juggle of conquered colonies and your own when it comes to moral.

I'm not saying they should be loyal, however it seems that if I have to worry about constant rebellion then invasion is even less of a desire and colonizing is the better deal over all. Although like I said I have yet to continue the game to see if the Dominion colonies fall below content.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re morale, currently what's implemented is that subjugated colonies are excluded from any global morale modifiers from events (colonization, bombardment, signing treaties, etc) - both positive and negative.
They will get morale from Buildings (local and empire-wide).

Can't recall if the War Weariness modifier applies, and if so if it is based on the empire or the inhabiting race though. Will check.

If you have savegames to reproduce this, could you attach them here please?
Thx.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm If that's the case then no matter what race you are there is a chance that the colonies will be in constant rebellion or your own empire will be in constant rebellion trying to appease one side or the other. Conquest becomes almost a constant juggle of conquered colonies and your own when it comes to moral.

I'm not saying they should be loyal, however it seems that if I have to worry about constant rebellion then invasion is even less of a desire and colonizing is the better deal over all. Although like I said I have yet to continue the game to see if the Dominion colonies fall below content.
Colonies will not rebel if garrison is higher than half the population, or if there's a station in the system.
So if you land a bunch of troops or build an Outpost, you're safe :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am Can't recall if the War Weariness modifier applies, and if so if it is based on the empire or the inhabiting race though. Will check.
Like with global morale from events, WW only applies to native and member colonies.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Small fixes, when terraforming another civ's systems, and in recurring payments (they now only last for 10 turns).
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

A small discrepancy - I found it really long time ago and do not know why have not reported earlier:
Screenshot (47).jpg
Screenshot (47).jpg (393.85 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Screenshot (48).jpg
Screenshot (48).jpg (392.5 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
After achieving a new technology upgrade I am able to upgrade given type of building, but I am not able to construct it once I have not such type constructed earlier - it is available next turn.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks, I'm looking into it now.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:13 am After achieving a new technology upgrade I am able to upgrade given type of building, but I am not able to construct it once I have not such type constructed earlier - it is available next turn.
Silly question, but you're playing with Starting Facilities set to Best, correct?
Can you post a savegame where this can be easily reproduced/tested? So that I can test if the fix works. Thx.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed.

Still needs to be tested in member and subjugated colonies though.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Yes, the Starting Facilities were set to Best, it would be quite interesting to achieve that with the Default parameter :)
The save is attached, please check Gamma Virginis system. As I am aware, strange, but member systems were not affected. Don't know about the subjugated ones.
SP Dominion Huge Irregular 304.zip
(715.27 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Return to “Supremacy”