Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie, I uploaded a patch with another attempt at the Colonies tab. If you have the time and patience, I'd like to know what's causing the hangs.
I've gotten used to the "new" tab, it's so much cleaner...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, First I tested my game with a regular patch. Everything was OK. Next I added 'my' patch and tried twice effecting in two hangs. :(

BTW, another unexpected detail. My subjugated Dominium scientists researched the Subspace Guidance tech and in one system I had only research update. It is possible that the security update was somehow lost even earlier, but it was not available also in next turns.
Screenshot (09).jpg
Screenshot (09).jpg (525.43 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
EDIT: in the above case something happened about 40 turns earlier. I have no proper save to check anything more.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, one last try, if you don't mind. It's a bit sloppy, but it's just to test, no need to be wasting time making it pretty if it won't work...

The intel PFs issue, does it happen in any other subjugated colony?
Can you post a savegame so I can take a look at the build list?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Still the same - I made all actions based on the sitrep, made two diplomatic actions and the game hanged just in the first attempt to switch to the colonies tab.

Here is a save I produced again to reflect the complete research of the Dominium subjects.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 268.zip
(653.46 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
And that problem occurred again. There was no research unit earlier in that system. The system name is Sigma Librae and in a nearby system Dapo everything looks OK.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:44 am Still the same - I made all actions based on the sitrep, made two diplomatic actions and the game hanged just in the first attempt to switch to the colonies tab.
:???: That's really odd. The only thing I did was move the build project from one place to the other...

Here is a save I produced again to reflect the complete research of the Dominium subjects.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 268.zip

And that problem occurred again. There was no research unit earlier in that system. The system name is Sigma Librae and in a nearby system Dapo everything looks OK.
I can't tell why this happens in this particular colony.
The only solution to this seems to be scrapping all intel PFs and building level 5 from scratch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch with some minor diplomacy improvements.
- Trust penalty for a DoW during a cease-fire (currently only for the civ that declares, will add for other civs)
- Status in the civ list differentiates between Member/Subjugated of player civ vs other empires (there's some side effects that need to be worked out)

@geordie:
There's a new attempt at the Colonies tab, but it might hang. Keep your last working patch for those games you are playing. When you start a new game, could you use this patch and see how it goes, please?

:?: Is anyone else experiencing the same issue/hang as geordie :?:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have been playing the same turn when I got hangs and it looks that patch 1204 works fine. I will play 1-2 more on Sunday afternoon.
I have a separate installation for hard (?) testing now. :)
I don't see any new patch at bitbucket.org apart 1204.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry, I have mislead you into thinking that I had uploaded separate patches. I only uploaded 1204.
I'm glad it is working. But... there weren't actually any relevant changes... weird. :???:
I'm leaving it as is. :mrgreen:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Improved AI fleet handling.
Fixed a bug with Regard in WarDecs.
Decreased spawning of 1st agent (a bit further).
Prevented terrorism events in Founder worlds.
Fixed a potential crash when assaulting a system that is upgrading its shipyard.
Made the Trust related modifier to Regard temporary.

The Borg were borked in the last few patches, fixed 2 major issues.
There was an issue in assaults/assimilation.
They were only building PFs.
Also made a couple of changes.
They will not build fleets larger than 4 ships.
Implemented their "perfection" Victory Condition (@TL13) - though it still needs to be tested/improved. I need help with the texts though, from someone that can actually write :mrgreen:
Attachments
Borg win.png
Borg win.png (96.06 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed another major bug introduced with the recent changes to the Borg - when they build a station, they become "bankrupt", thus not being able to build anything else.
Made a few more tweaks to the Borg, including new soundfx. Please check them for level consistency.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Smallish improvements to AI fleet and colony management.
The Borg AI should expand more aggressively if AIMode is Hard or Impossible.
Fixed a crash when playing a game without the Borg.
Fixed a colony ownership detection bug when contact with the owner was not made yet.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Scouts and surveyors of all empires should now have the same range(s). That's what was making the Cardassians, and the Romulans, have a higher chance to get stuck on their expansion.
Made a few changes to the Borg, will post about it in the Borg thread.
A bunch of fixes and improvements to diplomacy.
Improvements to AI colony management and colony ship handling.
Fix to Borg shipbuilding / pop support, and improvement on handling shipyard construction.
Empires should handle shipbuilding better.
The Borg AI should not be released immediately in Huge Supreme games.
Shields after decloaking decreased a bit.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Improvements to empire shpbuilding.
Empires should be a bit more careful about colonizing in Borg space; will improve this later.
A couple more minor fixes.

Merry Xmas everyone!
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I have started a new game with the current patch and it seems a few of the minor races are stuck as affiliated and no matter how many turns I wait I can only give them a gift and do nothing else. The three races that seem to be stuck are the Pakled, Talaxians and the Zahl. I am including a copy of the current game. Maybe I missed something when installing the patch, I figured you would know better then I if something is not working as intended.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 300.zip
(682.8 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Hebrewhammer!

Ooohh, I just checked, and as I suspected the minute I saw your post, they're members of other empires.
The Zahl are members of the Dominion, the Talaxians are members of the Cardassian Union, and the Pakled seem to be members of both the Dominion and the Romulan Star Empire :???: .

You shouldn't have been able to offer them Affiliation, OR the other empires shouldn't have been able to have them as members (if they were already affiliated), will check how that happened.
Will also need to check if the Pakled are indeed members of 2 empires, that should not have happened.

The Overview screen gets kind of confusing when you select a minor race that is a member of an empire, I'll need to fix that too.

Thanks for the save!

Return to “Supremacy”