Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Thanks. I was the first one downloading today patch :)
TDDracken
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TDDracken »

So um ... where do I find the download? I clicked on the bitbucket link in the first topic and noticed that the files there are updated ... but a lot of them are labeled as test and don't know what to download. Nothing looked like a usual install or program file.
This is FoxURA under a new name. The password reset feature wasn't working so I had to create a new account.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

The files labeled supremacytest are the full install versions dated to the numbers in the filename. i.e. supremacyTest_yyyymmdd.zip, the latest full download is _20200214, with patches done on 17th, 19th and 21st (you dont need 17th at least, as the patch from the 19th contains the newest version of the same files.

The files in SupremacyTest_*.zip you are supposed to unzip into a directory somewere on your computer, no "Install.exe" needed, as I dont think it uses registry files etc.
just unzip and play from SupremacyClient.exe.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Correct. The game is technically still in alpha, so there is no installer yet.

The SupremacyTest_yyyymmdd.zip files are stable release builds (you only need the latest one, ofc, though the older ones are kept in the repo).
The ddmmm.zip files are test patches for whoever wants to test the latest developments, and provide feedback in order to get the next stable release as bug-free as possible. These patches are cumulative, so you only need the latest one (again, I keep some of the previous ones in case a roll-back is needed or whatever).

Feedback is much appreciated!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have just started the game as Borg and found small error - I cannot build subspace analyzer. I can chose it from the list but in the end of the build process nothing happen, it is still listed in the build list and energy is not consumed... I tried that couple of times but in one system so far. It is not crucial buiding, but nothing else remained to construct.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's odd. I tried to reproduce it but can't. I can build the Subspace Analyzer just fine on an assimilated colony.
Do you want me to take a look at your save?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It's more odd because the problem concerns only one system - Banea. The most current save is attached. The analyzer still is listed as available to build, but it disapears from the queue next turn and is listed again.
SP Borg Huge Irregular 125.zip
(598.86 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It builds just fine on my end. I queued it after the Machining Plants, and a few turns later it gets built.

BTW, I added a dialog to when you are trying to assimilate a race that cannot be assimilated, it wasn't clear. I also dimmed the insignia of such civs in the Star Systems tab of the Assets screen, so you can get that information before sending a fleet there (if you check it ofc).
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

You inspired me to use the easiest Windows solution! :)
Problem disapeared after starting the game from a save. Sorry that I didn't check that beforehand
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Iceman wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:57 pm
BTW, I added a dialog to when you are trying to assimilate a race that cannot be assimilated, it wasn't clear. I also dimmed the insignia of such civs in the Star Systems tab of the Assets screen, so you can get that information before sending a fleet there (if you check it ofc).
Monea the waterworld can't be assimilated either if your making a list, the option doesn't even come up
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, this will only be available in the next patch. I think there's a list in the Playing as the Borg thread. I'll check, and update if necessary.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:13 pm You inspired me to use the easiest Windows solution! :)
Problem disapeared after starting the game from a save. Sorry that I didn't check that beforehand
:up:
It's odd that it happened though...
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 am
Iceman wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:57 pm
Monea the waterworld can't be assimilated either if your making a list, the option doesn't even come up
Seems the Bynars home world of Beta Magellan doesn't take to being assimilated either only assaulted
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, they're on the list :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3489&p=46783#p46783
List of races that cannot be assimilated by the Borg:
- Founders (Jem'Hadar can though)
- Antedeans
- Benzites
- Bynars
- Excalbians
- Horta
- Moneans
- Sheliak
- Tholians

Shouldn't they be?

---

Haven't seen any crash reports lately. Are they still happening?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Added the Science Ship III for the Dominion and the Colony Ship III for the Dominion and the Klingons. They do not have 3D models though - any takers? :wink:
Also added another colonization event - this time a negative one.

Return to “Supremacy”