Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Zerokore55 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:27 pm ohhh, I thought it was new link, didn't realize its a master list. Yes, it does sound like waiting for the patch is a good idea, so thank you for the good tips, and thank you for working to make one of the best games I played growing up, even better.
I uploaded two patches today. One is a small update of the previous line of patches, for those who want to continue their ongoing games. It will probably be the last patch in this line.

The other, marked _AutoBuild, has all the new fancy stuff Misfire has been working on, particularly the Colony Management tab in the Colony screen; it will only be displayed if you set that colony to Auto. You can select a bunch of stuff there to let the colony management AI handle for you.
Warning: this patch breaks savegame compatibility (hence the different name).

In both these patches, envoys to minor civs are still recallled when they sign Membership; we'll have to fix the remaining issues before including it in future patches.

As usual, feedback is welcome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:03 am Anyone else having issues trading with other superpowers? i can trade with minor races but with major races it is not letting me even when i have been to their colonies.
I can trade with other empires just fine.
Is there a trade embargo in effect?
Can you attach a savegame and point out with whom you can't trade with please?
Attachments
TR.png
TR.png (369.02 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have applied the save compatible patch. One remark for now - that message: 'our diplomats have news' is nice, but to hear it every time after entering the sitreps it gets annoying. Could you switch it off after first time in given turn?
I have no problem in trading with other empires.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:56 am I have applied the save compatible patch. One remark for now - that message: 'our diplomats have news' is nice, but to hear it every time after entering the sitreps it gets annoying. Could you switch it off after first time in given turn?
Heh, I have the same complaint.
Should be fixed for the next patch. :up:
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Here is the saved game and it doesnt let me trade with the cardassians even with an open treaty, Also why does minor races build so many ships and it doesnt give us the option to scrap the ships after they become members? it kills the credits per turn i took over the Nyrians and Drailon within turns of each other and they both had over 8 ships each.
Attachments
Trade issue with Major race.sav
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:00 pm Here is the saved game and it doesnt let me trade with the cardassians even with an open treaty,
I think it's because you have a Mutual Defense Treaty with them, but I'll check.

Also why does minor races build so many ships and it doesnt give us the option to scrap the ships after they become members? it kills the credits per turn i took over the Nyrians and Drailon within turns of each other and they both had over 8 ships each.
I can scrap the Nyrian ships just fine in your game :???:
As for them having many ships, how is that a problem? IIRC that number was increased due to player feedback.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

do you just right click and get the option to scrap?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, right click on the image of the ship in the lower panel (the system panel).
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

found it ugh.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Did you see why it would not let me trade with the Cardassians even when i had an open border treaty with them?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:10 pm Did you see why it would not let me trade with the Cardassians even when i had an open border treaty with them?
I can't figure out why you can't. Mutual Defense allows you to trade, according to the code. Their Regard towards you allows TRs to be created. There's at least 2 of their colonies that can support trade routes, and AFAIR the AIs don't yet create TRs themselves.
:???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:00 pm Also why does minor races build so many ships [...] i took over the Nyrians and Drailon within turns of each other and they both had over 8 ships each.
Notice that you are developing way too slowly. It's turn 220 and you only have 9 colonies :shock: half of which are minor civ homesystems. The AIs are way ahead of you.
You need to colonize more/faster, so that you can have an economy that supports building ships and maintaining a large navy. You're also falling behind in tech.

I can make minors build their defense fleets the same way as empires, starting with a lower limit that increases as the game develops.
But by turn 220 they would have those same numbers anyway. To notice that you're playing with Fast research.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

does the fast research for me or the CPU?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:43 pm does the fast research for me or the CPU?
Every civilization in the game is affected by it.
(as an aside, research in Large and Huge galaxies has an additional modifier, that slows it down a bit)

I'll try to check your issue with the Cards later today.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

I'll upload the _AutoBuild version in a couple of hours - colony management in the previous one (7jul) wasn't actually working, due to a mistake I made.

The diplomatic messages received soundfx will now only be played once per turn.
Minor civs build their defense fleets over time.
Some AI fixes.

Return to “Supremacy”