Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
Would you agree to change slightly the Empire Info on the Galaxy Screen?
Empire Info Proposal.jpg
Empire Info Proposal.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
There would be Total Credits and a change per turn after slash, like in case of resources.
For Fleet Support it could be Total Support and a difference to used support, so available or overused (as a negative number).

Simply playing the Borg I have to check the fleet support every turn.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Great idea! :up:
I'll see about implementing it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, done.

Couple of questions:
- I've kept the Total Population tooltip, should I remove it? Is it useful?
- Should I add back the Fleet Maintenance Cost tooltip? Can it be useful?
Attachments
EmpireInfo.png
EmpireInfo.png (60.67 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

:up: :up: :up:
Fleet maintenance cost tooltip could be useful in case we are short of money.
We have already total population in the Intel Empire Status screen.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Looks great! Fleet Maintenance tooltip would be useful to keep.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:46 pm Simply playing the Borg I have to check the fleet support every turn.
How is the "formula" for the Borg's fleet support? Does it need to be improved/tweaked?
Early vs mid vs late game.

This game you're playing now, was it started with the new range (12 IIRC) for the Borg Probe? If so, is it ok, or too much?

I've replaced the Total Population tooltip with Fleet Maintenance. Do you guys have any other suggestions ?

We have already total population in the Intel Empire Status screen.
That's kind of a "cheat" screen while Intel is not implemented, not sure if it is going to be kept.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

MS forced me to upgrade to Win 11.
Of course first thing I checked how the Supremacy works.
And...
No difference to Win 10 for me for now.
I played couple of turns of my last games as Roms and the Borg and started a new one and played about 50 turns.
No crash so far.
Hmm... I believe I didn't jinx it just now :?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
Keep us posted on that, I should upgrade to Win11 some time too.
I need to make a backup first. Did you lose any files in the upgrade?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It was yesterday afternoon, but I did not notice anything missing so far.
MS downloaded and installed the upgrade in the background and was annoying me only to restart several times. Even if I postponed all updates for a week it was still ready to install. So eventually I have given up.
So be careful. There are some solutions in the net how to prevent it, but for me it was somehow too late.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded the6the's volume level adjustment to the Romulans' Diplomacy screen theme. Thanks!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

My pleasure! I just wish I had the time to commit myself to the other stuff that needs doing sound-wise (Still have my eye on the Dom voice-overs).

Another thought I had..

Could you create a link from the diplomacy screen to the galaxy screen when you click on one of the Civ's name? I would find that super useful. There are a lot of minor races out there, and I have no idea where to find them anymore! It would be useful also when trying to decide where to put your TRs. If implementing that is an issue, I guess putting the coordinates somewhere next to their names would be the next best thing.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:11 pm My pleasure! I just wish I had the time to commit myself to the other stuff that needs doing sound-wise (Still have my eye on the Dom voice-overs).
Yea, those were never addressed again. It'd be awesome to have another go at them.

Could you create a link from the diplomacy screen to the galaxy screen when you click on one of the Civ's name? I would find that super useful. There are a lot of minor races out there, and I have no idea where to find them anymore! It would be useful also when trying to decide where to put your TRs. If implementing that is an issue, I guess putting the coordinates somewhere next to their names would be the next best thing.
Ah, but that already exists! Click on the civ's homesystem name, and you'll be taken there :wink:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

No Way!? How did I miss that? I never even noticed that down there. I was trying to click on the list with no avail.
Dude that is awesome:)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No problems running the Supremacy under Win 11, at least not worse than under Win 10. I even have a feeling (just a feeling :)) that the game is more stable and slightly quicker under Win 11. Maybe cores are used better?
I had some 'out of memory' crashes, becasue of the complexity of my games and galaxies I used, but at least 2-3 of the crashes related to diplomatic actions of other empires.
Sometimes I have crashes with no error report, the game just disappears from my screen. I had two ones under WIn 11. I am pretty sure that 95% of such crashes is after clicking a shipyard slot. Just to let you know.

I met two situation that can be improved:
- after Bre'elians have become a member of the Klingon Empire, my envoy is stuck in the Bre'el system
- when solar flare hit a system also a moon habitation was shut down and I lost some population - but the moon habitation does not require any energy :???: :???: :???:

Return to “Supremacy”