Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Are you playing the 7jun patch (not the 6jun, only briefly available)?
Yes, it is a new game, started yersyerday, excusively wiyh 7Jun patch
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

geordie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:47 am I played above 100 turns without further surprises.
I have met only below situation:
Screenshot (26).jpg
I suppose my reaction was required, but I had no options for that and nothing happened in a following turn.
So I propose Takarians a membership next turn.
I think a membership treaty should be unlimited.
Would you happen to have a save from the turn before they sent you that proposal?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have only a save of turn 100 and that proposal happened around turn 109.
SP Dominion Huge Cluster 100.zip
(429.31 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
EDIT: I have quickly passed through those turns and the proposal appears in turn 108 or 109.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Thanks. Found the issue and am working on a fix.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

The issue mentioned above is not yet fixed in this patch, but a few more fixes are in.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried today patch and got an error after uploading a 7Jun save.
Error 20220609.txt
(4.32 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I have started an new game with the June 7th patch and while i know of the current issue with diplomacy I've come across two more. One is minor in that warlike minor races declare war but I get no warning prompt in the turn summary, so you only know if you happen to look at the diplomacy tab or get attacked. I've also had a warlike minor that was enthusiastic and I sent them a member ship proposal and the turn before they would accept they declared war instead. I got them to a cease fire and then so many turn later I resubmitted membership with no issue.

The other issue is that I had two minor races as members for awhile and out of no where the turn summary said something about both my members have the membership expire and they were then listed as subjugated on the diplomacy tab. not sure if there is something new to the diplomacy that I am unaware of, I will link the saved game which was 4 turns prior to the two minor races switching from members to being subjugated.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 194.zip
(573.56 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

I've noticed that Membership now has a max of 100 turns. Will check the other post to see if the indefinite option ts still being working on.
Last edited by TempestWales on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 am One is minor in that warlike minor races declare war but I get no warning prompt in the turn summary, so you only know if you happen to look at the diplomacy tab or get attacked.
Damn, I knew about that one but forgot that it was in a different place. I'll check that, thanks!

I've also had a warlike minor that was enthusiastic and I sent them a member ship proposal and the turn before they would accept they declared war instead. I got them to a cease fire and then so many turn later I resubmitted membership with no issue.
So, you sent them the proposal, the next turn they declared, and the next turn they would have accepted ?

The other issue is that I had two minor races as members for awhile and out of no where the turn summary said something about both my members have the membership expire and they were then listed as subjugated on the diplomacy tab. not sure if there is something new to the diplomacy that I am unaware of, I will link the saved game which was 4 turns prior to the two minor races switching from members to being subjugated.
That issue is fixed in the 9jun patch, so you can re-play from that save and everything should be fine.
I'm not sure why they became subjugated though, it needs to be investigated - though it's not an issue anymore.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:25 am
Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 am One is minor in that warlike minor races declare war but I get no warning prompt in the turn summary, so you only know if you happen to look at the diplomacy tab or get attacked.
Damn, I knew about that one but forgot that it was in a different place. I'll check that, thanks!

I've also had a warlike minor that was enthusiastic and I sent them a member ship proposal and the turn before they would accept they declared war instead. I got them to a cease fire and then so many turn later I resubmitted membership with no issue.
So, you sent them the proposal, the next turn they declared, and the next turn they would have accepted ?

That issue is fixed in the 9jun patch, so you can re-play from that save and everything should be fine.
I'm not sure why they became subjugated though, it needs to be investigated - though it's not an issue anymore.
Ah awesome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 pm I tried today patch and got an error after uploading a 7Jun save.
Sorry guys, apparently there's an issue with loading saves from 7jun. Please use the 9jun patch to start new games, as 7jun was kind of broken anyway.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:20 am I've noticed that Membership now has a max of 100 turns. Will check the other post to see if the indefinite option ts still being working on.
That has been fixed in the 9jun patch. Treaties have no duration anymore, only Pacts have.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:36 am
TempestWales wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:20 am I've noticed that Membership now has a max of 100 turns. Will check the other post to see if the indefinite option ts still being working on.
That has been fixed in the 9jun patch. Treaties have no duration anymore, only Pacts have.
Is the Indefinite option actually useful?
I mean, duration is now only used for Pacts (Open Borders, War Pact, Cease-Fire, Non-Aggression Pact) and for Offer/Request Credits/Resources that have a recurring amount. (not sure if I'm missing something)
Does any of those actually have any (logical/correct) use for the Indefinite option :?:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

With 9Jun patch Diplomacy screen status is not updated after agreed treaty as well as the files, because after one turn some privileges of the treaty, like extended range, disappear. :???:
Screenshot (17).jpg
Screenshot (17).jpg (650.13 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

So I have noticed while playing the most recent patch of June 9th (even happened last patch), that even if a warlike minor is friendly-enthusiastic and are affiliated they will still without warning declare war on you. I am assuming this is due to the changes in AI behavior to how they react based on how strong the players military is and how well defended the systems near by are.

This seems a little over the top and that the trigger for war should also be based on the trust/regard between the two factions and not just military might even if the civilization is warlike. Though this could just be a bug to still be ironed out in the future.

Return to “Supremacy”