Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

barra85
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by barra85 »

Hey Iceman,

Yes my bad i went through and downloaded everything in the other thread. had a few crashes while playing (but i expect that to happen) but overall this games looking incredible. how good is the AI currently as i am playing on a huge map and have not currently met any of the other empires yet :)
oh and is the multiplayer working, If so how do we play? anysites or just try and connect ingame?

p.s thanks for the heads up
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The crashes you get, could you please post them here, along with the respective logs? Just in case there are some unreported ones still around.

The AI currently only colonizes everything it can, develops its colonies, builds a few ships for defense, and responds to diplomatic contacts. It does not yet use diplomacy to further its agenda, nor does it actively start military actions against other civilizations. There is some work done on the latter, but it's still experimental.

MP is working, yes, though it's still not possible for human players to receive proposals from other human players (and thus to accept or reject them). I'm trying to look into it currently, actually.
One of you must host the game (by choosing Host in the MP setup screen), and the others should use his IP to Join the game. It's rather intuitive, really. If you bump into any problems, just let us know.

Enjoy, and if you can give us feedback (especially MP), that'd be awesome.
barra85
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by barra85 »

Well i'm always happy to help test if needed, I can muddle through as best I can but I can certainly do some test runs with the game if you ever need it.
hmm sounds like I will have to try and find other interested people who would be up for some multiplayer games sometime, try and attempt to get it working. I live in the UK so around now is usually the best time for me to play. I don't work weekends either so usually available for those too.
I'll make sure to keep track of the crashes from now on :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

We need everybody to test and provide feedback as much as possible. About anything you might feel needs improving.
theshens
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by theshens »

Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I am experiencing a bug that causes the game to hang. I haven't been able to pin down exactly how this happens, but I was able to work around it a previous time or two by moving different troops to the engagement or Hailing/Escape.

When my fleets engage an enemy ship, the game will lock up if I choose the Engage option. I am not sure if it is due to using some minor race ships or the size of fleets/number of ships.

Version 0.4.6064.19230

This may be the same issue as Issue #392 on your issue tracker. I am not able to pull anything from the log files due to the game not actually crashing out to desktop.
Attachments
SP Romulans Small Irregular 161.sav
(541.47 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the report!
I've been trying to track this problem down for some time. I think it has to do with having ships of a member minor in the engagement, and that minor not actually being at war with the civ being attacked.
I'll try to get back to this issue as soon as I can.
Could you please check if it only happens when the minor race ships are involved in the battle? Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Finally fixed this issue!
29BQ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 29BQ »

Is there a way to upgrade the ship and station?
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

If you check BitBucket, the new release is here! (for people who don't know yet)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Andrew,I was just about to post about the new release. It was a very busy day... I hope you guys enjoy the new release. The UI themes are almost finished, but not quite yet. They are not necessarily final. Suggestions are welcome..
A few other things are not yet finished either
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Oh ya, I started a new Cardassian save (since I can't use my one from 8-8-16), the UI looks clean. Thanks for that btw
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yeah, just a few details missing, and the diplo screen needs to be moved to themes.
Sorry about the saves, I have added some stuff that makes saves incompatible.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

29BQ wrote:Is there a way to upgrade the ship and station?
Sorry, almost missed this. No, not yet. Maybe it is time to look into this...
29BQ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 29BQ »

Iceman wrote:
29BQ wrote:Is there a way to upgrade the ship and station?
Sorry, almost missed this. No, not yet. Maybe it is time to look into this...

That's ok. Pretty please, implement it because scrapping the old ones and building the new ones can be very tedious.

Thanks a lot! :D
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

LOL I got my first taste of Embezzlement with the new patch.. So funny hearing my voice in game. I may have to fix that with an Auto tuner.

Return to “Supremacy”