we'd be happy for any players that like to join
when we're more than 5 we'll make it two games in parallel

we'll talk and chat on skype
KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy Game New Years Day the 1st

Post by KennethOfBorg »

I am on Skype as Kenneth.Of.Borg if you want to join in.

Special this time: We are not going to let VinculumOne win this one.

We all wanted to build up his self esteem and have let him win games up to now. For this game there is no holding back. No more mister nice guy.
:wink:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

KennethOfBorg wrote:Special this time: We are not going to let VinculumOne win this one.

We all wanted to build up his self esteem and have let him win games up to now. For this game there is no holding back. No more mister nice guy.
:wink:
ROFL, sure, comeone ppl anywone willing to support me? I will tell you all the tricks to bust these dudes to dust (again)! :twisted:

p.s. maybe should have better posted in multiplayer forum...
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

I think I have to send again my diplomats (shooting to every ship in weapons range :twisted: )

I agree: Special this time: We are not going to let VinculumOne=Flocke win this one. -> this time it's me to win :mrgreen: :roll:

btw: here http://supremacy.square7.ch/wiki/index. ... creenshots some screenshots can be found
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

so 2vs1 and noone willing to support me? great :x
well if it's too early for you ppl, tell when you're available and we might wait on you or start another game by that time
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

heh.. i will join.. but i never played this game before :)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

awesome! :D
It's not too much different from botf, just do not build/activate any orbitals, they make the game crash
check that you get the game work in sp and you should be fine
KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KennethOfBorg »

Also new in this game is you start with a few ships in place along with a ship yard. It makes the first turns less of a drage on game play waiting to build a ship yard and then ships. :P

The rest is mostly bug fix in a number of systems. :up:

The game does not yet have a working spy system or diplomacy. You still need to declare war on someone to attack them but other than that these systems are not functional.

Not a problem if you have not played before. We will do our best to point the way and answer any questions. Look me up on Skype as Kenneth.Of.Borg and I will add you to the group.

Have a good game. :wink:
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

Thanks gentle, for join in

I'm myself a little bit new at Supremacy too but I tried to make a list here http://supremacy.square7.ch/wiki/index. ... e_Overview (for tomorrow you should have a look to the MP-column).

Can't remember BotF but in Supremacy there's also "moon habitant" - in my mind this might be important

Aim of tomorrow -in my mind- is not a total competition but just another test within fun
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

I tried playing this with my son - we loaded up fine, no issues. at turn 10 it crashed and we could not get it reloaded... did not make any orbitals, just building some colony ships and snooping around. Great graphics and I like having 2 shipyards - with production and ship construction happening at the same time. very cool game once I get it working in mp! :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

well I dunno where gentle was, but we've had a great game anyway (all races picked)
we just quit as sadly the save is broken, right when it became really interesting :?
I played the klingons this time, conquered romulus and cardassia but then continued to fight a two or three front war which made it quite challenging in the end. Guess Kenneth couldn't stand the defeat and had to break the game. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the great game to all that participated!
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

ruthlessferengi wrote:I tried playing this with my son - we loaded up fine, no issues. at turn 10 it crashed and we could not get it reloaded... did not make any orbitals, just building some colony ships and snooping around. Great graphics and I like having 2 shipyards - with production and ship construction happening at the same time. very cool game once I get it working in mp! :)
Thanks for trying...benefits videos -if you like the graphics- are here http://supremacy.square7.ch/wiki/index.php?title=Videos

Do you have an autosave or a save game? You'll find it in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Star Trek Supremacy\Saved Games\ (also http://supremacy.square7.ch/wiki/index. ... =Auto_Save)

A crash at turn 10...hm...

as I'm also quite new, here again how to restart:
- Hoster: "Load game" -> autosave (first entry)
- Joiner: just join in again
...only inputs of the last turn must be done again
Due to restart is quite easy, we sometimes do it more than once to find out, if the crash is reproducible. On the other site just do other commands to avoid crash once more.
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

Flocke wrote:...we've had a great game anyway (all races picked)
we just quit as sadly the save is broken, right when it became really interesting :?
I played the klingons this time, conquered romulus and cardassia but then continued to fight a two or three front war which made it quite challenging in the end. Guess Kenneth couldn't stand the defeat and had to break the game. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the great game to all that participated!
Also Thanks to all from my side and Gratulation to Flocke :!: (don't know where he gets his hugh amount of ships from)

As Flocke wrote he dominated the galaxy and wiped out the other empires step by step, also myself on Cardassia. Don't know whether Kenneth would have had a change...the only one who tried to fight against Flocke (I'm myself was to craven and underdeveloped), and we all forsake Kenneth :oops:
KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KennethOfBorg »

With this game you just hang around and someone will end up leaving. You can step in at some point.

Do not know why you could not reload an autosave after ten turns. It should be as easy as load game and taking the autosave.

Once Vinculum had three major race home worlds it was over. I could not get over that much space to help. Only an act of Q would save vs. those odds. Diplomacy is not working to let you set up an alliance. All movement is on your own set of outposts. You just put up a good fight and have fun doing it.

:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

ruthlessferengi wrote:I tried playing this with my son - we loaded up fine, no issues. at turn 10 it crashed and we could not get it reloaded... did not make any orbitals, just building some colony ships and snooping around. Great graphics and I like having 2 shipyards - with production and ship construction happening at the same time. very cool game once I get it working in mp! :)
If you bump into the crash again, could you post the Error.txt log please? It might help determine the cause of the crash. It is in the game's main folder.
Thanks.

You weren't by any chance playing the Dominion? There is a potential crash with them, which I already prevented in the current data files - which I haven't released yet. I also expanded the starting conditions for higher tech levels, and tweaked a few more things. I'll try to release it next monday.

Return to “Supremacy”