Supremacy Game New Years Day the 1st

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy Game New Years Day the 1st

Post by KennethOfBorg »

ruthlessferengi wrote:I tried playing this with my son - we loaded up fine, no issues. at turn 10 it crashed and we could not get it reloaded... did not make any orbitals, just building some colony ships and snooping around. Great graphics and I like having 2 shipyards - with production and ship construction happening at the same time. very cool game once I get it working in mp! :)
Can you save games? I just got a report from one player that there is an issue with not being able to save games. He will save and come back to find nothing. Is that what you are seeing as well?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In SP saving and loading is working fine AFAICT.
KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KennethOfBorg »

Iceman wrote:In SP saving and loading is working fine AFAICT.
Saving and loading is working for me. I just got this report that one installation is not working. If more than one person is seening it there could be more going on.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

KennethOfBorg wrote:Saving and loading is working for me. I just got this report that one installation is not working. If more than one person is seening it there could be more going on.
this is a common problem of BOTF too on windows 7, ask person unable to save to right click exe and set to run as admin and see if that allows saving of game.

thunderchero
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

thunderchero wrote:this is a common problem of BOTF too on windows 7, ask person unable to save to right click exe and set to run as admin and see if that allows saving of game.
indeed that's the same at Birth of the Empires (based on UAC)...I run this as admin, too.

With Supremacy it's an advantage that there's no need not to copy the program (zip-file-content) into c:\Program Files.. where Win doesn't allow storage.
I put my Supremacy into c:\_Sup\2013-12-23\
save games in my Win7 are in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Star Trek Supremacy\Saved Games\
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

When I do load a savegame though,the default selected colony is empty. Choosing one with the pulldown fixes it though.

Return to “Supremacy”