Known problems

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Known problems

Post by Iceman »

I think I fixed that a few days ago - a similar issue that resulted from comet strikes :D
Thanks!
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Valcoren wrote:Unable to colonize Sol after forcefully removing the Humans.

Playing the Cards and the federation went to war with me, I took a mixed combat fleet and gave them killed them all. I moved a colony ship in and it goes through the key strokes of colonizing but after the turn refresh the planet remained uninhabited.
Other Empires can declare war? Since when?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

AndrewOshawott wrote:
Valcoren wrote:Unable to colonize Sol after forcefully removing the Humans.

Playing the Cards and the federation went to war with me, I took a mixed combat fleet and gave them killed them all. I moved a colony ship in and it goes through the key strokes of colonizing but after the turn refresh the planet remained uninhabited.
Other Empires can declare war? Since when?
They have been able to do it for some time as far as I can tell. you blow up enough of their ships, it will place you in a state of war.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, that's right :wink:
Unfortunately, the way the code is set up, when an AI DoWs on you, you don't get the SitRep, so it's pretty much silent. It's in the todo list, but the list is enormous...
KaptainMorgan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by KaptainMorgan »

I'm having issues running the game. I have windows 10, and the latest version of Microsoft.net framework. I just downloaded the latest Zip file, uploaded Dec 20, 2019. I select the Supremacy Client.exe file and the game launches. I select my game preferences and hit start and it acts like the game is loading for a few seconds but then it crashes with the message "An unhandled exception has occurred". Any ideas?
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

KaptainMorgan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:56 am I'm having issues running the game. I have windows 10, and the latest version of Microsoft.net framework. I just downloaded the latest Zip file, uploaded Dec 20, 2019. I select the Supremacy Client.exe file and the game launches. I select my game preferences and hit start and it acts like the game is loading for a few seconds but then it crashes with the message "An unhandled exception has occurred". Any ideas?
Did you install XNA 3.1?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi KaptainMorgan.

Make sure you have all the pre-reqs for the game:

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3366&sid=ed9abb4b ... 642d1aeb29

Also notice that the game has a few issues with Win10:

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3613

Have fun!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:46 pm #271 - Invading 2 star systems in the same turn results in an exception.
(as a temporary workaround, the game only allows one system assault per turn - until this gets fixed)
This was finally fixed!
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

This game is Amazing! I’m so grateful to you all for keeping it alive and improving on the original beyond all expectations!

The only problem I am experiencing so far is that when I give a ship a name, it rarely holds into the next turn. Some ships do - but most revert back to the generic ship designation and not the name I gave.

Am I doing something wrong?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi NayThanLok, welcome to the forums!
Glad you're enjoying Supremacy.

Re your issue, it's a bit annoying, yes. We'll need to find a better way to do this.
The new name only "sticks" if you select another ship's name (the textbox). This only works for fleets with more than one ship, ofc.

Have fun!
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Thanks. I’ll try that - appreciate quick response
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:34 pm The only problem I am experiencing so far is that when I give a ship a name, it rarely holds into the next turn. Some ships do - but most revert back to the generic ship designation and not the name I gave.
Ok, so I've managed to work around this issue and make the name stick if you press Enter.

It still doesn't refresh the ship's name in the Task Forces expander when ending redeployment though.
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Changing the names while ships are in redeployment seems to work - thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:30 pm Changing the names while ships are in redeployment seems to work - thanks
With the latest patch, pressing the Enter key will make the ship's name stick, too.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

For lack of a better thread, I'll put this one here.

"This new civilization we just met, the Denobulans, who should we send as an envoy?"
Awkward!
Attachments
denobulans.png
denobulans.png (192.84 KiB) Viewed 1559 times

Return to “Supremacy”