the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Known problems

Post by the6the »

LOL!
There's a picture of a female Denobulan ambassador on
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Denobulan
Perhaps she could represent the Denobulans in this case..
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:51 pm For lack of a better thread, I'll put this one here.

"This new civilization we just met, the Denobulans, who should we send as an envoy?"
Awkward!
Make one? Call it "It's illogical",...
did I got that right,...we just met them but we got plox, kind of chicken and the egg situation?

If i remember right,...they are dragged out of pool.
Why not simply,...if we didnt meet "them", we dont get that civ ambassador, return it to pool and pick new one?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@Danijel, moved this part of your post here, as this is not specific to Win11.

Danijel wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:04 am Dragging mouse on galaxy map is really sluggish(like its trying to refresh every time i stop), only if i manage to keep constant "motion" of mouse moving(in any direction) will that movement be "fluid".

When ESC from galaxy map to main menu, it seems sector stays "selected" and game wont focus main menu(grayed save button issue), if used right click to enter main menu, it will open it properly. Then on save click, where save name should be used, all buttons are grayed(again ^^), seems to react when right click is pressed on that "new" window, buttons become available(sometimes it wont, and sometimes slapping TAB and arrow keys helps(windows function to switch between things)).
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:43 am @Danijel, moved this part of your post here, as this is not specific to Win11.

Danijel wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:04 am Dragging mouse on galaxy map is really sluggish(like its trying to refresh every time i stop), only if i manage to keep constant "motion" of mouse moving(in any direction) will that movement be "fluid".

When ESC from galaxy map to main menu, it seems sector stays "selected" and game wont focus main menu(grayed save button issue), if used right click to enter main menu, it will open it properly. Then on save click, where save name should be used, all buttons are grayed(again ^^), seems to react when right click is pressed on that "new" window, buttons become available(sometimes it wont, and sometimes slapping TAB and arrow keys helps(windows function to switch between things)).
Seems the change in "SupremacyClient.exe.config";

Code: Select all

<userSettings>
    <Supremacy.Client.Properties.Settings>
      <setting name="WindowWidth"
               serializeAs="String">
        <value>1920</value>
      </setting>
      <setting name="WindowHeight"
               serializeAs="String">
        <value>1200</value>
      </setting>
makes a bit fluid movement on map, and also save appears more often.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is that the native resolution of your monitor?
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:53 pm Is that the native resolution of your monitor?
Yes.

I think there should be ability to pick res from game, so game sets it(few predefined, and "custom").
Make "Async" like function?
► Show Spoiler
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I was looking into this last night, but was focusing more on fixing the issue with Borg fleets.

The game, from what I could gather last night, already does something like that. The problem might be some legacy code, that checks for a specific HD resolution and forces it. This might be the source of the sluggishness of the UI (takes longer to resize). But it's just a wild guess.

Return to “Supremacy”