Known problems

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Known problems

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote:the game seems to hang up in large fleet combat.
Do you have any minor race ships in your fleet when this happens?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:
Do you have any minor race ships in your fleet when this happens?
Yes I believe so, the other times its just large fleets of 40+ ships
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you please clarify?
It happens in large fleets with no minor ships?

Can you guys please test if it happens with minors ships that you have not built (white border in the "system panel") and/or that you have built (your empire's color border)?
Thanks
Antehme
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Antehme »

So my game crashed and I thought I shared the report. This happened after placing a bunch of buildings in the construction queue of a minor.

Se han producido uno o varios errores.

Server stack trace:
en Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:línea 1569
en Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:línea 270
en Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass4a.<DoTurnCore>b__49() en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:línea 621
en System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
en Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__4c.MoveNext() en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:línea 624

Exception rethrown at [1]:
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
en Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__3f.MoveNext() en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:línea 537

Exception rethrown at [2]:
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
en System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
en System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
en System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

El índice debe estar dentro de los límites de la lista.
Nombre del parámetro: index

en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
en System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
en Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 listIndex, T item, Boolean upgradeableLockAlreadyHeld) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:línea 361
en Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.Add(T item) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:línea 342
en Supremacy.Buildings.BuildingDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Buildings\BuildingDesign.cs:línea 260
en Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject.Finish() en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:línea 414
en Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.<>c__DisplayClass3a.<DoProduction>b__39(Civilization civ) en c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:línea 1499

----------------------------------------
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Cant reproduce your crash, Antehme. Was there anything that you did that was not usual?

Re large fleets hang, from what I could see, the game doesnt actually hang, it just takes too long to process the battle. In my older machine (XP) it took~12 minutes to get through a 10 vs 50 ship battle... Yikes. I will have to take a look at that code, I think I know whats happening.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

What cased the crash: I had a mixed fleet of both "minor made" ships and "player made" ships the fleet became stranded so I sent a tow ship to retrieve them as soon as the tow ship made it to the sector the game locked up.

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 1569
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 270
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass4a.<DoTurnCore>b__49() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 621
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__4c.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 624

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__3f.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 537

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Val, you seemed to have posted about two different issues in the same post.
Your log is the same as Antehme's, but you mention towing a fleet. I assume they're separate issues?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:Val, you seemed to have posted about two different issues in the same post.
Your log is the same as Antehme's, but you mention towing a fleet. I assume they're separate issues?
I'm getting the same error as Antehme when the game crashed. The log I posted came from my error log.

What had occurred was I had a mixed fleet that became stranded and as I got a tow ship out to them. The game crashed as the tow ship entered the sector.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That was a coincidence then.
The game had no way of knowing that you were going to tow the fleet ;)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Finally fixed the member ships hang.
I have also cut down battle processing time, and i will try to improve it even more.
Thanks for all the feedback!
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:Finally fixed the member ships hang.
I have also cut down battle processing time, and i will try to improve it even more.
Thanks for all the feedback!
Great news. looking forward to this new release.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A couple more issues made an appearance after the fix, I'm going to test the new build now to see if it can finally be released. It's about time!
It should be an interesting release.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is this still an issue?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:
Is this still an issue?
looks like it fixed, Let me build a very large fleet and try it.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Unable to colonize Sol after forcefully removing the Humans.

Playing the Cards and the federation went to war with me, I took a mixed combat fleet and gave them killed them all. I moved a colony ship in and it goes through the key strokes of colonizing but after the turn refresh the planet remained uninhabited.

Return to “Supremacy”