Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Iceman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:02 pm

I agree on sizing.
Hmm, they are using our menus? Are you sure?

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 pm

There looks to be one or two that look like ours. the rest brought me to tears looking what they have done.

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:18 pm

That good, huh? :wink:
They're probably still using the old/current Fed one?

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Hmm, I'll make the same comment about colors and brightness as before :twisted:
The Rom UI doesn't have much in the way of circles, or any rounded shapes for that matter, so this might look a bit "off"?
It looks cool, mind you. Just wondering i it actually fits their style and color scheme.

Also, the images in the buttons are not particularly clear as to what they represent?

BTW, did you manage to get that white ring of sorts back in the Borg's GCM insignia? I thought it looked cool.

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:08 pm

the color scheme is based off the movie Nemesis https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c2AUe ... NXFee3MbIO

the6the
Ensign
Ensign

Post by the6the » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm

The Borg and Dominion soundFX have been re-done completely, and now they are much louder and clearer, with the Borg sounding much better (IMO anyway). Also, Borg wav file confirmation3 now says "We are one" instead of "Complying".
As for the Dominion.. I actually preferred the old Dominion voice, but I was unable to recreate it exactly. It's a shame the old one isn't loud enough (my tries to amplify the old Dominion speech ended up distorting the files too badly)

Hopefully the new ones won't have any issues and they sound as good in game as they do on my laptop.. and we get to scratch this off the to-do list

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Thanks B.! Will add them to the next release. The Borg ones do sound really cool. I agree about the Dominion ones, but these are also nice.

Should we redo the civ selection voices for the Borg and the Dominion, BTW? They do have some background noise.

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Uploaded all the soundfx to BB, including the new ones.
If you guys could test them and check if there are any issues - volume levels, wrong filenames \ sounds not playing, whatever - and report back, I would appreciate it!
Thanks!

the6the
Ensign
Ensign

Post by the6the » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Yep, sure. I can do the civ selection voices soon..
I think the new voices should say "The Dominion" and "The Borg" instead of "Dominion" and "Borg". I just think it would sound better, coz right now, the voices shoot so fast you have to press the button again just to understand what it said.. I'd actually love to put "We are the Borg" as their selection voice :mrgreen:
Or should it be "The Borg Collective"? hmm..
What do you think?

Edit: I just realized that it does in fact say "The Dominion" and "The Borg" right now.. but they're both really quick..

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Yes, they are. I simply edited voice clips I got off the net and clipped the relevant parts. Not a very professional job... hehe.

I think the others say the LongName of the civ (The United Federation of Planets, etc), so the Borg should match that, yes. "The Borg Collective" would be best IMO, for the reason I mentioned. They already say "We are the Borg..." in the 1st contact VO.

Thanks!

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 am

Just for kicks I moved the buttons in the Fed GCM, and it actually doesn't look that bad.
Apart from the missing buttons, that is.
Attachments
DomGCM.png
DomGCM.png (296.23 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Looks not too bad. I would love to clean up the LCARS and update the icons. The Klingon menu I feel is too large. I like its design but its just way to large. I think we should consider trying to keep this "3 buttons on either side of the controlling race logo" theme. and just overhaul all the menus

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:24 am

The icons in the Fed GCM are really good for identifying the buttons, IMO, maybe we should have similar ones for all the civs?
When we have all the menus, I guess we could take a look at the Klingons and Cardassians - but I really like them, I think we should keep their overall look.

CaptScarff
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CaptScarff » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi,

New here. First off, thanks for all the hard work you guys have done. I have been playing the game on and off for the last couple of months

I was wondering if there are developer instructions for downloading, compiling and running the game as I would like to poke around and see how it all works?

Thanks

Return to “Supremacy”