Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What can I do to help

Post by erazortt »

Hey,
I exchanged the images in the bugticket, because I figured out that the maximal size shown is actually 37x37 and not 32x32.

And yes, the distinctiveness is not very high, true. But at 4K at least they remain very much discernable. For resolution like 1280x720 I guess there is pretty much no difference anymore inbetween any of them yeah, because these get just soo tiny. But at least in 4K with the now 37x37 sized images once and distinguish them quite good. This is also why I added more of them.
It's the max amount that is hard-coded, not the file names themselves,
I tried to add them named differently and I got the error log saying:

Code: Select all

Die Datei "D:\Spiele\SupremacyTest_20200331\Resources\Images\Planets\Moons\Shape1.png" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
This is why I had guessed that the filenames are hard coded, since its explicitly saying which file it does not find. I needed to name the files exactly Shapes{1-4}.png for it to work.
Re the right click menu, do you mean only the default/Fed one, or all of them?
Oh yes, I mean the fed. Klingon and Cardassian look awesome! Ok if thats already taken care of, then the next thing in line which looks low res would be the icons under Resources\Images\Resources. Especially the ones that are shown next to the Sun, probably because it provides a bright background and there the pixelation is especially visible.
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

OMG, I just saw that you have already compiled a new version with the new moon icons. Wow, you're fast! :grin:
Sorry that I updated the ticket with new icons, but as I said, I found out that the icon size is actually 37 and not 32.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

erazortt wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:26 pm And yes, the distinctiveness is not very high, true. But at 4K at least they remain very much discernable. For resolution like 1280x720 I guess there is pretty much no difference anymore inbetween any of them yeah, because these get just soo tiny. But at least in 4K with the now 37x37 sized images once and distinguish them quite good. This is also why I added more of them.
Cool, I just saw and dl'ed them. :up:

I tried to add them named differently and I got the error log saying:
This is why I had guessed that the filenames are hard coded, since its explicitly saying which file it does not find. I needed to name the files exactly Shapes{1-4}.png for it to work.
You are absolutely correct, ofc. I meant they are not explicitly hardcoded, but rather like you said
Shapes{index + 1}.png
I'll have to check if trying to load more than 4 pics won't have any unwanted effects, as moon types are stored in 2 bits.

Oh yes, I mean the fed. Klingon and Cardassian look awesome! Ok if thats already taken care of, then the next thing in line which looks low res would be the icons under Resources\Images\Resources. Especially the ones that are shown next to the Sun, probably because it provides a bright background and there the pixelation is especially visible.
Oh, it's not taken care of! We need someone to make the new Fed/Dom/Rom/(Fer) menus! You wouldn't by any chance have that kind of a skillset, now would you? :wink: That would be pretty awesome. We really need those.
Yes, the Kli/Car ones are awesome, it's a shame Devin never made the rest... and Valcoren's Borg menu is great too, though with a different style.

OMG, I just saw that you have already compiled a new version with the new moon icons. Wow, you're fast! :grin:
Hehe, I was about to release a new patch, and your pics came just in time to make it to the patch. :up:

Sorry that I updated the ticket with new icons, but as I said, I found out that the icon size is actually 37 and not 32.
No prob, they didn't make it for this patch, but they will for the next. I'll see about increasing the number of moons.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

erazortt wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:53 pm OMG, I just saw that you have already compiled a new version with the new moon icons. Wow, you're fast! :grin:
Can you give me a list, in order, of the moon images as they should be named in the game, so that the first 4 images are the most distinct? Like
Shape1 - Europa
Shape2 - Io
etc
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

Here you are:
Shape1 - Moon
Shape2 - Ganymede
Shape3 - Callistob
Shape4 - Europa
Shape5 - Io

Ganymede, Ganymedea, Ganymedeb are 3 Images of the moon Genymede from 3 different perspectives
Callistoa and Callistob are 2 Images of the moon Caliisto from 2 diffrent perspectives

FYI: I added a new bugticket for increasing the resolution of the raw materials in the solar system view. I have already produces two of the higher res icons, and I am just working on the others. (https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/issues/482)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Awesome, erazortt!
I'll wait for the deuterium, energy and food icons and add all of those to the next patch. :up:
Great job, thx!

BTW, you attached the energy one, but I can't see it there.
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

Ok energy and food are done. The food icon was accidentelly impacted by a slight drift in hue of the green color. I figured that out only after I was completly done. I redid it, but actually I must say I prefere the slightly more natural look of the green leafs in the inital version. Anyhow, I added the more saturated version also into the ticket. You decide!

Ok I tried them all out and for me it looks fine now. however the deuterium does not scale well so I cannot do anything meaningfull. I would leave it as it is right now.

I have to ask though, where/when is the deuterium icon ever used?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The deuterium icon is used in the Assets screen (Colonies and Shipyards tabs).
It will eventually also be used in the Economy overview mode.

Ok I tried them all out and for me it looks fine now. however the deuterium does not scale well so I cannot do anything meaningfull. I would leave it as it is right now.
Won't that make it display as smaller than the others in 4K?
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

Won't that make it display as smaller than the others in 4K?
No, the icons are all scaled to the necessary size. You can just replace the existing ones and you should be good to go.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

How about this, do you think you can work your magic on these:
- replacing the low rez insignias of minors
Resources\Images\Insignias
There are a few insignias that are still low(er) rez (120x120), instead of 300x300. Anything you can do to improve those, would be great.
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

Ok I will take care of that
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

I have also updated some of the very small ScreenIcons shown in the colonies tab:
https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/issues/485
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Cool, thanks. You'll need to check if I missed anything, in the next patch. I don't think so, but...
Should I wait for the Karemma insignia, or is it a hopeless case?
erazortt
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by erazortt »

Please do not wait for it. I cannot use anything I came up with..
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Return to “Supremacy”