What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Iceman »

Please, use this forum. We can setup a private forum if needed.
Sorry, i had missed this somehow...
Thanks for your interest!!
I will reply in more detail later.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TC has given me access to the private forum (thx TC!), so if you wish to discuss things there, LMK please. I think TC would probably like it if there was more traffic in these forums though. It sure would help the visibility of the project.
BB would be good too, though.
jrs622
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jrs622 »

Iceman wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 am TC has given me access to the private forum (thx TC!), so if you wish to discuss things there, LMK please. I think TC would probably like it if there was more traffic in these forums though. It sure would help the visibility of the project.
BB would be good too, though.
I am fine with discussing this in whatever thread you deem appropriate, if a publicly viewable one is desired, that is fine with me. I am just curious what the current pre-reqs are for building and running the project off of the github and if there is any overview of the systems already in place. I want to have an idea of what I am working with before I commit to making anything new for the project and perhaps spend time working on something that was already in place.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey jrs
TC has opened a new private Supremacy development forum. LMK if you want to use it please, so that I ask him to add you. I am ok with either, public discussion or private forum. Or both.
The project is in BitBucket, not GitHub. I don't think there's anything in place for a 3D engine yet, but you can check Bloodwurm's repo here:
https://bitbucket.org/Bloodwurm/supremacydev

Thanks for your interest!
jrs622
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jrs622 »

Right, bit bucket, I mixed those up, my apologies. I am definitely interested. I would like to be added to the private forum, though I am fine talking here, I am just looking for a basic guide for the first steps to building the project successfully. From there I want to experiment with what is there and see what I can put together.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I recommend using Visual Studio 2013 to build the code.
jrs622
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jrs622 »

I will give that a try, should the repo work "out of the box" just by using VS 2013?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep. The project hasnt been updated to the latest version of VS yet.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Any news on this? Just checking.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think some of the themes could use a volume adjustment. Val, if you have the time, could you please look into lowering the masters in the following themes?

- these 2 just need to be a bit lower, a couple dBs at most:
Cardassian demo 2.aif
Romulan Senate.flac

- these 3 need more than that:
FS2 Tribute.ogg
Klingon Cry of the Warrior.flac
Klingon Music.aif

Also, while at it, if you could look into filtering the new selection voice clip for the Borg (and maybe the Dominion one too?), that'd be great!

Thanks in advance!
jrs622
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jrs622 »

Hey, sorry for disappearing like that for a while, Things at work got crazy (there was an acquisition). Now that things are settling into a routine, I am still wanting to contribute. Though I have yet to get the project to build successfully, I need to get VS 2013 on my machine this weekend and give it another try.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey, glad you're back. ;)
If you need help upgrading to VS2015 or 17, LMK.
Or with anything else, ofc.
jrs622
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jrs622 »

I have yet to get a successful out of the box build, I will try to re install the latest community VS maybe something in the installation was corrupted or has a version mismatch. Is there a specific set of build instructions somewhere that I can try following just in case I am making a silly mistake?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey jrs.
I just posted the instructions in the development forum. Can you please try them and provide feedback?
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Bump

Anyone interested in creating the 3d ship models for the shipbuilding screens, or a combat engine, or more tracks for the civs? Or creating a map/scenario editor, or improving the civ specific texts, or whatever?

We could really use some help with those things, and anything else that is still missing.

Return to “Supremacy”