What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What can I do to help

Post by the6the »

Some of these really cool.. maybe the author is willing to share for a mention in the credits:
https://sketchfab.com/tongieboi/collections/star-trek
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

renaming either the Coridan Dilithium Cracking Station or the Halkan Dilithium Cracking Station
Maybe make the Halkan structure be some sort of logistics hub for their dilithium :?:
I guess they wouldn't like all the additonal commotion on their planet, hence the morale penalty.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

the6the wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:50 pm Some of these really cool.. maybe the author is willing to share for a mention in the credits:
https://sketchfab.com/tongieboi/collections/star-trek
They are nice, tho lots of "nice" ones on net,...did you check his ships vertices count?

Danijel wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:38 am
3D models and exporting

-Current vertices count for ships is ~2000-2500.
-We don't want to go over 6000-7000 for we have no clue how that will influence a fight if and when we make one, especially in kinds of 500+
ships "fighting", and all miniaturization factors involved, doesn't really need to go over 5000.
-So if your ship looks good with 1500 vertices in shipyard viewer (this is only "most" detailed place to see models atm), it will look awesome
on battlefield when it gets there.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:21 pm We also need a new soundfx for the victory dialog/screen, the same soundfx playing twice is kind of odd... If anyone has a nice victory soundfx, please share (and a "defeat" one too, while at it).
Maybe something useful here:

Free Victory Sound Effects Download - Pixabay
https://pixabay.com/sound-effects/search/victory/

Some intresting ones are here, but with a small price and licencing:
https://www.pond5.com/sound-effects/tag ... y-fanfare/
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Random Events Proposal: The greatest hurdle with any project is having someone put the time into creating artwork for all these situations. This has a few drawbacks 1: prolonged time in development 2: Can age the game with older standards. I've personally put many hours into a few areas of design in this project. Random Events, Buildings, and Audio. What I would recommend is going and doing a 180 on Random Events and this will quickly set it to a completed. The project should consider doing away with the Random Event images in favor of a dialog box notice.
Attachments
dialog notice boxLCARS.png
dialog notice boxLCARS.png (139.94 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Nice one :up: , two remarks:

- A priority one alert frame should be red?
- classification [random event] is useful, but hurts immersion (a more subtle indicator?)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:11 pm Nice one :up: , two remarks:

- A priority one alert frame should be red?
- classification [random event] is useful, but hurts immersion (a more subtle indicator?)
- This of course is just an interpretation of the idea.
- I'd rather the PADD screen be red or yellow depending on the event.

Overall, it still provides a "Star Trek" feel to the game mechanics, reducing the need for 100 images to be revamped.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Valcoren wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:40 amOverall, it still provides a "Star Trek" feel to the game mechanics, reducing the need for 100 images to be revamped.
I love the concept, with the right execution/polishing (e.g. PADD screen color gimmick depending on event category/severity) it provides more trek feel than the cartoonish pics.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A couple of questions:

Is this color scheme supposed to be the same for all empires, or would there be variations for each? (according to the civ's theme)

Are these supposed to be static images, or the framework of a dialog that gets the text from a XAML file? (like currently, where you can edit the text)

Looks good :up:

This reminds me of the Romulan and Federation Game Context Menus you once were working on, any developments on that front?

Also, do you have any more ideas for additional sound tracks? :cool:
We could still use a few more.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:34 am A couple of questions:

Is this color scheme supposed to be the same for all empires, or would there be variations for each? (according to the civ's theme)

Are these supposed to be static images, or the framework of a dialog that gets the text from a XAML file? (like currently, where you can edit the text)

Looks good :up:

This reminds me of the Romulan and Federation Game Context Menus you once were working on, any developments on that front?

Also, do you have any more ideas for additional sound tracks? :cool:
We could still use a few more.
This would be an XML format and it would have to pull from a list of random events and logical effects related to the event. i.e. delays, relations issues, and so forth.
- One for each major (total 6 unique)
- One for all the minors

Sound Tracks - I can see what can be done there. I have the ability to do them myself also I have access to people who have full-blown recording studios.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Suggested updates to Alert PADD
Attachments
BOTFII UI3yellow.png
BOTFII UI3yellow.png (82.75 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
BOTFII UI3red.png
BOTFII UI3red.png (82.7 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:20 pm Suggested updates to Alert PADD
We probably don't need yellow/red versions, as all the random events have the same "priority" level :?:
Looking good!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re the site, suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.
The text for the Map Editor section, for one, is a placeholder, until someone that can actually create something interesting comes along and offers their services. :cool:
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:10 am Re the site, suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.
The text for the Map Editor section, for one, is a placeholder, until someone that can actually create something interesting comes along and offers their services. :cool:
http://supremacy.2pixels.net/downloads.php

Color changes depending on how old "latest change" is;
DownloadState.jpg
DownloadState.jpg (222.38 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
*-this is dynamic, and depending on date on files, it will show 2 of 3 files related to CE
less than 24hrs = Red
24hrs to 1week = Yellow
1week to 2weeks = Green
2+weeks = Blue

Depending on your browser, be it Firefox or Chrome or some 3rd and look for Auto-Play.
Attachments
Sound.jpg
Sound.jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

So I'm working on the next patch and I've been improving some SitReps.
Anyone wants to help with a Borg version for this one :?:

Code: Select all

[SITREP_NEGATIVE_TREASURY]
Insufficient funds to pay for the fleet's maintenance.  All production has been suspended.

Return to “Supremacy”