Page 5 of 13

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:29 pm
by Iceman
Thanks! I'll release a new build tomorrow, with these included.

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 pm
by Valcoren
New Klingon game music

https://youtu.be/PBCK37xN_WQ

Valcoren

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
by Iceman
Can you elaborate? Did you make this? Can it be used?

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 pm
by Valcoren
Yes I did create it, and yes it will be ready along with Cardies, and Roms soon

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:28 pm
by Valcoren
Cardassia game music

https://youtu.be/KUTa7kU_hd4

Valcoren

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:47 pm
by AndrewOshawott
Valcoren wrote:Cardassia game music

https://youtu.be/KUTa7kU_hd4

Valcoren
I really like the Cardassian theme, is there a download link or something so I can put it in my game before the next update since that'll be a while away.

(Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 am
by thunderchero
AndrewOshawott wrote:and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game)
The Dominion sounds in UDM I created using a very old text to speech software. :wink:

feel free to use them

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:31 pm
by Valcoren
AndrewOshawott wrote:
Valcoren wrote:Cardassia game music

https://youtu.be/KUTa7kU_hd4

Valcoren
I really like the Cardassian theme, is there a download link or something so I can put it in my game before the next update since that'll be a while away.

(Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?

I'll add the new music to the BB if Iceman can place them to a mini patch

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:35 pm
by Iceman
Valcoren wrote: I'll add the new music to the BB if Iceman can place them to a mini patch
Sure, I was going to ask you if you were going to upload them. I thought you would do the Rom one first, though, since you mentioned these 3.
We already have Kling and Card main themes though, so we'll have to figure where (which screen) to use these (or the others). Suggestions?

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:44 pm
by Iceman
AndrewOshawott wrote: (Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?
If you can bundle those sounds up and upload them to BB or facilitate them in some other form (email?), all neatly identified, I'll gladly add them to the game. That'd be a big help! I'm kind of busy fixing a few things in random events and the Borg, and a few more things ;)

Which sound effect(s) in the Fed folder are you refering to? Most of the UI sounds should be read from the proper folder, and I've actually fixed one of them (Warning.wav) a couple of days ago. For now I've moved it to the SoundFX folder, but I'll try to make it civ-specific.
Thanks in advance!

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 pm
by AndrewOshawott
Iceman wrote:
AndrewOshawott wrote: (Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?
If you can bundle those sounds up and upload them to BB or facilitate them in some other form (email?), all neatly identified, I'll gladly add them to the game. That'd be a big help! I'm kind of busy fixing a few things in random events and the Borg, and a few more things ;)

Which sound effect(s) in the Fed folder are you refering to? Most of the UI sounds should be read from the proper folder, and I've actually fixed one of them (Warning.wav) a couple of days ago. For now I've moved it to the SoundFX folder, but I'll try to make it civ-specific.
Thanks in advance!
GameContextMenu Sound Files (Also I have confirmed that both the Dominion and Romulans suffer from this)

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 pm
by Valcoren
Iceman wrote:
Valcoren wrote: I'll add the new music to the BB if Iceman can place them to a mini patch
Sure, I was going to ask you if you were going to upload them. I thought you would do the Rom one first, though, since you mentioned these 3.
We already have Kling and Card main themes though, so we'll have to figure where (which screen) to use these (or the others). Suggestions?

I'm working on the Roms this weekend I got some time available.

As far as placement I was thinking maybe adding the tracks to the build/Intel screens so we don't have to use the same Fed tracks on every race.

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 pm
by Iceman
AndrewOshawott wrote: GameContextMenu Sound Files (Also I have confirmed that both the Dominion and Romulans suffer from this)
You are absolutely correct, thanks!
I hadn't touched those files yet, as they're still using the Feds' GCM. Should be fixed for the next update.
Thanks for the sounds!

Curiously enough, only the Dominion (Ferengi) ButtonClick sound is actually audible...

It'd be nice if there was a set for the Borg too... anyone have an extra set, from some mod or something?

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 pm
by AndrewOshawott
Iceman wrote:
AndrewOshawott wrote: GameContextMenu Sound Files (Also I have confirmed that both the Dominion and Romulans suffer from this)
You are absolutely correct, thanks!
I hadn't touched those files yet, as they're still using the Feds' GCM. Should be fixed for the next update.
Thanks for the sounds!

Curiously enough, only the Dominion (Ferengi) ButtonClick sound is actually audible...
That's strange, I tested the Dominion (Ferengi) Turn Sound and it worked...

Re: What can I do to help

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm
by Iceman
The ButtonClick sound, not the Turn sound.

I edited my previous post with the following:
It'd be nice if there was a set for the Borg too... anyone have an extra set, from some mod or something?