blackace's feedback

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

blackace's feedback

Post by Iceman »

I'm going to post some very useful feedback blackace sent me over PM, it might be useful for other people.
Thanks a lot blackace for the feedback, and keep it coming!

colony ships do combine when making a colony as to extra pop and building.
Do? You mean don't? They're not supposed to combine.

the scroll on my mouse glitch's the map size and moves the map randomly without wanting it to. hard to keep it in the same place for long.
(i would just remove the scroll option. and place a button for size control. by the chat option.)
I totally agree with you, it's annoying. I already reduced the srolling area, but I'd like to disable it entirely. Mike wanted it in though, I think.

diplomacy have has no end button for treaty's. that con't to send credits to that race "that i can not see "?
That's in the todo list.

personal are hard to understand at first look and no examples. i can't find anymore info to what they do or upgrading there stat's. the only thing i can see is they can be placed as message sender's but no info as to what they do from there.
They're still a work in progress. Next release will have them raise their stats when training, and when assigned as envoys.

also what info i can find about minor races is some dislike credits when you send them in a treaty but there is no counter for non credit treaty's? (did i miss something here).
In todo list.

also to my post on food. you could add in food and supply as a treaty to minor races or all. if that could be worked out.
There is an option to include resources in offers, just not implemented yet.

Thanks for the feedback!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: blackace's feedback

Post by Iceman »

if there is a way i could make changes to the game myself i would. i know you maybe busy. but if you show me how to change things. i will

screen interface, adding tech, changing buildings, adding buildings, changing research points and how they are used, add new planet and objects, map generation,
adding a new race, humans. and changing federation to the founding races of the federation.
which would include there planets and add 5 planets for starting for all race's minor and major. when your picking the larger and more developed maps, and many other things etc:)
You can mod the game to some extent, by editing the files in the Resources folder, namely the Data and Tables subfolders.

when killing off planet's of any race. is there a period of time or turn's for me to wait to use a colony ship? after the planet is dead. for some odd reason the colony ships will not work for a few turns or in till i reload the game. before they will work again.
You are absolutely correct! I'll check that.

up duet for larger maps. i think 50% would do it. i have a over flow in both of the others.
one way you could do it is make gas giants with duet well cuz it makes sense. also i have a few star systems with no planets or only gas giants with belts with no moons found this a litttle funny but any way
Hmm, GGs do allow you to build structures that produce deuterium, as well as nebulae and Aquatic planets. If you're not building those, it's natural that you are having deuterium problems.

i think the buildings to turn ratio to population is a little off. i know i started at a higher level but for me to start a new colony at 10 to 15 turns to make anything is a little much.
Yep, that's a consequence of starting at high tech, and hence why I posted about returning to BotF's way of colonies starting at tech level 1.
You can buy buildings BTW.

intel buildings have no point i can see atm
Not yet, no. But they will.

i can think of a way to fix the building pages along with tech.
Like I mentioned above, these 2 you can change in the Data folder.
I was actually going to increase research costs, but notice that the Feds have a 20% bonus, so they research a lot faster than other civs.
Also notice that when starting a game, you can choose slow research.
And also, the other civs are not really competing against you yet, so you can colonize pretty much freely, and so research goes up really fast. This will not be the case in the future.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

and place a button for size control. by the chat option.)
BTW, there are zoom buttons by the chat button ;)

that con't to send credits to that race "that i can not see "?
Not sure I understand what you mean by this? Can you elaborate please?

also i have a few star systems with no planets or only gas giants with belts with no moons found this a litttle funny but any way
Funny because you don't think it should happen, or any other reason? If I'm reading your comment correctly, it is actually intended that there are stars with no planets, or just GGs, or asteroid belts. Moons will only be created if there are any planets, of course.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

i know this is alpha game but i am about 250 turns into the first game. playing as the federation and nothing has stopped me.
The AI is not actively playing yet, besides colonizing and building defense fleets for their systems with shipyards. I will add the rest of Tracing's AI (the system assault part) as soon as I can get enough free time to dedicate to it entirely.

i own 1/4 of a 6400 map with 6 dozens ships and more planets then i care to think about. i also started with high tech by turn 150 i was done. last tech does nothing ? and doesn't con't on affecting things.
It was supposed to unlock the high end ships, but I moved them down the techtree so that you could actually build them in a game. ;)
I was thinking of using TL 12 as sorts of a Technological victory condition, because once you reach it, you have absolutely no need for any more research in the game. So having high end ships at TL12 didn't really make much sense... Obviously, it needs to require a lot more research points.

the AI in this game don't react to there diplomacy.
Diplomacy isn't fully working yet, I think that's a known fact. I'm giving it as much love as possible, but the diplo system is a huge beast, a game in itself. It's probably the single most complex part of the game to develop. It'll require a huge amount of time.

i war card's at turn 50 and turn 250 they are all but dead 3 planets left and the only ships they had were colony and construction ships which my scout's killed easly and they keep making them. so had to make 2 planet killer fleets to stop the recoloning turn after turn.
We need to create strategies templates for the AI to follow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re the issues discussed in this thread:

Disabled the scrolling area for the next release.

Fixed the issue with not being able to colonized glassed systems from another civ.

Kind of reworked the resources in the game. Duranium is now treated the same way as the other resources, requiring a Building to mine it (instead of being automatically generated). Most civs will not be able to fully mine a system, with the Cards being the only civ to be able to do so but with the Morale penatly of the Strip Mining Operation; the Dominion will have a lower bonus but at no Morale cost.
The Dilithium cost of higher end ships has been significantly increased, and the Deuterium output of Aquatic Deuterium Plants was increased.
Hopefully this will make resources more interesting.

Return to “Supremacy”