Suggestions

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Suggestions

Post by Valcoren »

In the old BotF you could set certain ships to intercept in coming ships/fleets do you know if this is will be introduced?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: AI Improvement

Post by Iceman »

Yes, it should be something to implement in the future. But not very high in the priority list right now.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Patrol routes: just a thought for scouts ships; it would be cool to set these ships on a possible looping waypoints maybe limit them to only to cover a five or ten sector area.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, that could be useful.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Some suggestions for AI upgrades.

Prospecting Systems:
One of the I have a hard time keeping up with on larger maps are systems I am prospecting. there is so much to manage throughout the map I would like to have a tag systems of interest.

Colony ship – arrival to system notification.
VIP Tracking:
It would be neat to possibly see a tracking of en-route agents; maybe a shuttle and warp sled, again arrival to system notification.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

These are not actually AI related, but:
#1 something similar is already in the issue tracker at BB
#2 is a nice idea, i will look into it
#3 i am not sure why you would want to have that on the map, you can check the status in the Assets screen, and upon arrival there isnt much you can do anyway?

Thanks for the ideas!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Suggestions

Post by Iceman »

Next release will have colony ship arrival notification.
I have added extra tabs to the Assets screen for fleets, trade routes and uncolonized systems. They will not show anything for now, but they will in the future.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Iceman wrote:Next release will have colony ship arrival notification.

Nice! Wish BOTF had this.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, nice idea Valcoren!
Should we have something similar for Scouts? Maybe for fleets consisting of a single Scout only?
I'm going to extend the current version to any fleet with a colony ship, instead of single colony ship fleets.

Re Agents, do you guys think it is useful to have an arrival notification for Envoys too? Since I'm already working on this...

Also, when surveying anomalies, should the player get to see which research area got the RPs?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Sorry for my little absence, I was injured at work and have been recovering. I’m happy to see you like some of the proposals.

Agents and VIPS:
- My thought behind the movement of Agents/VIPs is that a player could attempt to interfere in their movements delaying them to their assigned systems, possible assassinations, abducting them.
- Since the agents give weight to diplomacy, knowing that they have arrived to the systems they have been assigned to; acts as a reminder to start any political actions needed.

Looping Waypoints:
- The scouts had an intercept option in BoTF this feature along with waypoints. If we added these actions in a fleet they would pretty much be on auto-pilot I don’t know if we want to consider this as a fleet option or not.
- If the scouts lose the option of intercept in fleets, that may be the course we want to consider, unless they are only in a fleet of other scouts.

Surveying:
- I think Surveying is very underrated aspect of the game. There could be so much more to this feature.
- I do agree that it seeing where the points are being distributed would urge the player to focus on researching those areas
- Should we consider adding more anomalies the game? I.E. The Galactic Barrier, The Hekaras Corridor, The Delta Triangle, Subspace Sandbar, The Nexus, Chaotic Space, Temporal Causality Loop,
Attachments
SpaSpatial anomalytial anomaly
SpaSpatial anomalytial anomaly
Spatial anomaly.png (607.44 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote: Agents and VIPS:
- My thought behind the movement of Agents/VIPs is that a player could attempt to interfere in their movements delaying them to their assigned systems, possible assassinations, abducting them.
- Since the agents give weight to diplomacy, knowing that they have arrived to the systems they have been assigned to; acts as a reminder to start any political actions needed.
Which political actions are you thinking about? Just wondering.
I'll add the arrival SitRep soon.
Looping Waypoints:
- The scouts had an intercept option in BoTF this feature along with waypoints. If we added these actions in a fleet they would pretty much be on auto-pilot I don’t know if we want to consider this as a fleet option or not.
- If the scouts lose the option of intercept in fleets, that may be the course we want to consider, unless they are only in a fleet of other scouts.
Like I mentioned, there will be intercept, just not very soon. I'll see what I can do about patrol.
Surveying:
- I think Surveying is very underrated aspect of the game. There could be so much more to this feature.
- I do agree that it seeing where the points are being distributed would urge the player to focus on researching those areas
- Should we consider adding more anomalies the game? I.E. The Galactic Barrier, The Hekaras Corridor, The Delta Triangle, Subspace Sandbar, The Nexus, Chaotic Space, Temporal Causality Loop,
There will be much more to this feature ;) If it proves fun and useful of course. It's in the backburner for now, though.
I've added the research areas to the SitReps.
Some of those I think are meant to be Random Events. I should look at those some time...
I'll add an arrival notification to surveyors too, while at it.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:
Valcoren wrote: Agents and VIPS:
Which political actions are you thinking about? Just wondering.
I'll add the arrival SitRep soon.
negotiate treaties

diplomatic missions
- Provide needed aid to areas of a system
- Covert missions
o Positive
o Negative
- Arrange Diplomatic Traveler to player home system
o X amount of turn receive possible bonuses from Diplomat’s home system

Establish Embassy Consulates
- Possible trade bonus, but possible risks
o Negative political standing