Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Problem with SupremacyTest 20170906

Post by Borealis999 »

Thanks for that, bud.

You're right, it does make sense. Does the construction ship only mine Deuterium or should it be able to mine other things? Do other ships mine things as well?

I had noticed that ships and other bits and pieces require Duranium and I thought it was a nice touch which made it feel more realistic. As is the need for Deuterium.

When a system mines Duranium is it shared around the empire or is it just used in that system? If it's only used in the producing system how do I get it to the construction ships? I can't seem to get the construction ships to build anything anywhere (except in Sol system).

There's another thing that's beginning to bother me. Double clicking. It's rather annoying to have to double click for everything; especially when I colonise a new planet. I want to set my build cues up so I can get on with other important stuff. Multiply that by the number of planets I might colonise in a turn and I'm well on my way to cramp and RSI, lol. I understand that single clicking might mean I accidentally add more automated farms than I wanted but I'd rather remove over populated build cues than spend 10-20 minutes trying to make one. Can it be put back to single click again?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, Construction Ships only Collect Deuterium, from Nebulae or systems with Gas Giants. To make these more important in the game. And nope, they don't mine anything else, nor does any other ship type.
I've been thinking of creating a Mining Station for systems with Demon planets, to mine Duranium, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. I have another purpose in mind for those.

Duranium needs to be somewhat restricted. The idea is since there is no cap for the number of Orbital Batteries in a system, the Duranium cost is another restriction (like energy) to avoid abuse. You may build tons of OBs, but that will limit your ship building capacity.

All resources (Deuterium, Dilithium and Duranium) are global, they're stored in a global pool, and when used they're deducted from the respective pool.
You can't build stations anywhere but the homesystem? I'll have to check that again, though I did check it before release (I fixed a related issue in the current build).

Hmm, neve thought of that. I'll look into that. Maybe we should make a pole about it?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

(Moving the discussion from the other thread here, so as to not go too much off topic)

Do you think I should disable the Collect Deuterium order to avoid confusion?
I'm not sure it makes much sense that Construction ships, and only those, can collect deuterium, honestly.
Do you realise that you have made the game very hard now. It might put off all but the hardiest of hardened Trekkies. I don't mind so much (Because I am a hardy hardened Trekkie, lol) but I do find it frustrating when I can't build a starbase because there aren't enough resources to start the construction. Does this mean I have to gather the resources before I go to the system I want to build in? If so, how do I gather them? I have only been able to collect Deuterium with the construction ship but nothing else. Are resources spread around the empire like in previous version?
Do you think resources are too restricted now?
The rationale is that if resources are plentiful, there's really no point in having them in the game - like in BotF, where only Dilithium restricts the number of ships that can be finished in any given turn.
I can tweak the output of Duranium a bit.

Return to “Supremacy”