Problems with 64-bit Windows 10

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Problems with 64-bit Windows 10

Post by Danijel »

For now i can confirm that after update (1803) all of the issues above emerge, game becomes leggier, even shipyard view of models starts to spin slower.
Will post new info if i find any.

This is not issue from game, but windows 10 update at some point between 2016 and today, or some cpu/gpu related setting in windows that is changed after update.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thinking of #1, I just thought I'd ask if this also happens in other "select target" dialogs, like selecting a target for a War Pact in the diplo screen, or selecting a stranded ship to Tow in the Task Forces menu?

One more question about #4:
Does it happen for all civs, OR just for the Feds, OR just for everyone but the Feds?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

2 - the Save Game button in the main menu is grayed out
Can anyone with this problem please try to hit the S key in the Main Menu when the Save Game button is grayed out, and report back?
Thanks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In the next release, CTL+S saves the game from the galaxy screen, which should help with issues 2 and 5.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is it me or sometimes when trying to scrap a Building (in the Structures tab) the scrap menu is greyed out and won't let you activate it?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Made double-clicking work in the Save Game and Load Game dialogs for the next release, which should help with issue 5.

In the next release, CTL+S saves the game from the galaxy screen, which should help with issues 2 and 5.
Changed this for the next release, to open the Save Game dialog instead of fast-saving, to allow for confirmation.

:?: Should the game allow both possibilities, opening the dialog (CTL+S) AND fast-save (say CTL+F)?
What do you guys think?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think there's another issue with Win10 (gahh, hate it), the Scrap menu for Buildings (and it seems it's only with Buildings) is sometimes (more often than not) disabled, so you cannot scrap Buildings.
AFAICT it doesn't happen in Win7, nor even in WinXP.

Can someone verify this please? I mean, if it happens in Win10 and not in other OSs?
Thanks!
CaptScarff
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CaptScarff »

Hi Iceman,

I have noticed that clicking the building scrap menu can cause the game to crash out and I run it on Windows 10.

Regards
Scarff
Cipher_F15
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Cipher_F15 »

I ran into the same crash a couple days ago, and joined the forum to tell exactly about it. I have 2 computers on which I play BotF and one of them fortunately runs on Win8.1 and works fine, but I'd like it if I could play normally on both, as the one running on 64bit Win10 is my travel laptop.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Cipher_F15, welcome to the forums, and thanks for your report!
I haven't managed to get the game to crash like you guys mention, I was waiting for someone else to acknowledge it to see if it is a general problem.
Is it only when scrapping Buildings, or does it also happen with other tech objects too? Like ships, stations, production facilities.

edit:
Ok, managed to make it crash. It only happens when you click anywhere on the InfoCard (except the scrap menu's radio button or the expanding arrow) that pops-up when you hover the mouse over the Building.
It doesn't happen if you right-click the Building and activate the scrap menu.
Can you guys confirm please?
CaptScarff
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CaptScarff »

Hi Iceman,

I can confirm that is the crash. I have made the necessary code change so it should be resolved with the next build

Regards
Scarff
Ufnal
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Ufnal »

Not sure if this is a Windows 10 problem or a general one, but after switching into economy mode of the map, I can't switch back - when I click military I can see task forces on the left side bar, but the map remains the same and I cannot see icons of ships or outposts (although I can click seemingly empty spaces and select ships there). Save & reload worked for a turn, then after turn end the map switched again to economic...

EDIT: what worked was saving, reloading, clicking military map a few times, saving again and reloading again. At least that works for now...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Ufnal.
Nope, that is not a Win10 issue, that's an incomplete feature in the current public release ;)
It is working in the dev build, which will be released soon.
More info about it here:
https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremac ... nomic-view
Dainara
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Dainara »

Hi, I just came across this project the other day. It looks great, but I've run into an issue that's perplexing me. The game launches fine and seems to be stable, but in-game there seems to be a great deal of input lag when clicking map tiles or buttons, and zooming and panning the map. The lag seems to vary between 100ms and a full second.

I'm running a standard Windows 10 system, my CPU is an AMD FX-6350 and graphics card is an nVidia GTX 760. Wondering if anyone has any clue about this? The game looks excellent, but with this issue it's almost unplayable.

Edit: Just for clarity, this happens on the latest version as well as older ones.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Hi Dainara, welcome to the forums!
Glad you like the game. As for your issue, does this happen the whole game, or just late game? And how much RAM do you have on your rig?

Return to “Supremacy”